Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Trevorofhonor24

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

https://mobile.twitter.com/njpwglobal/s ... 6852272128

New japan returns to Madison square garden in August for wrestling dynasty. new japan made it official this morning at the new beginning in Osaka. I wonder if roh has any involvement or if new japan does the show On their own like the g1 Dallas show last year. either way this is awesome and hopefully we get a wrestle kingdom like show out of this!
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

Must say don't do Field of Honor that day.
Trevorofhonor24

ICHIFUJI wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:31 am Must say don't do Field of Honor that day.
Na lol I think roh knows better then that. Hopefully they do bring back field of honor though this summer.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Maybe the day before or the day after though?
Trevorofhonor24

TYFDK wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:57 am Maybe the day before or the day after though?
Now that would be cool. Field of honor on Friday and wrestle dynasty Saturday. Roh could have some new japan guys wrestle at field of honor to help boost attendance. I’m sure fans will be traveling in for msg so having field of honor would make sense.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Eh, hold off on Field of Honor and just do a Friday evening show at Hammerstein. Can do Manhattan Meyhem as a complimentary peice to Wrestle Dynasty.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Why are we talking about New Japan?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

indyfan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am Why are we talking about New Japan?
Because if we were talking about ROH, it'd be "how bad is PCO vs Magnus going to be?" and there'd just be people debating the level to which that match is going to suck.

It's a little more fun to talk NJPW stuff, since they don't book stuff like PCO vs Magnus
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

There is a NJPW thread
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

New Japan MSG 2019 was WITH ROH.
How about 2020? With which? ROH? PWX? AEW? No partner?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

No partner, or maybe with some roh involvement.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

No way would I do a Field of Honor, it was never a good idea to begin with. Going back to the Manhattan Centre of Hammerstein would be nice, if you are going to piggy back off of the event. I could see one or two ROH matches involved on the MSG card that may have build from say Super Card or other up coming events that could involve NJPW talent. I could def see an ROH world title match being on the card as a make good for last time, especially if Marty, or at least someone that people want as champ is the contender.

I think shitting on Aldis right now is sort of weird, he has delivered multiple good to great matches over the last couple of years. He has more than shown he can deliver and has certainly surprised me at the level of emotion he can generate through his matches. I think the match with PCO can go either way but when you have someone that obviously has a good mind of how to put a match together I’m confident it could well, certainly better than with RUSH. Right now we all know PCO isn’t the way to go as Champ. If it is for the title I could actually see Aldi’s winning or getting close too and Marty costs him.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:07 am
indyfan wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:58 am Why are we talking about New Japan?
Because if we were talking about ROH, it'd be "how bad is PCO vs Magnus going to be?" and there'd just be people debating the level to which that match is going to suck.

It's a little more fun to talk NJPW stuff, since they don't book stuff like PCO vs Magnus

Talk about it in its respected thread. I dont like PCO vs Aldis either but the tag team scene in ROH puts NJPW to shame.

its not fun talking about NJPW
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Twitter obviously wants "zero involvement" from RoH, but I think that RoH should try to get some representation on that show. NJPW fans can talk shit about RoH, but if it is VE, Mexa Squad or Rush then they won't mind it.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:41 am No way would I do a Field of Honor, it was never a good idea to begin with. Going back to the Manhattan Centre of Hammerstein would be nice, if you are going to piggy back off of the event. I could see one or two ROH matches involved on the MSG card that may have build from say Super Card or other up coming events that could involve NJPW talent. I could def see an ROH world title match being on the card as a make good for last time, especially if Marty, or at least someone that people want as champ is the contender.

I think shitting on Aldis right now is sort of weird, he has delivered multiple good to great matches over the last couple of years. He has more than shown he can deliver and has certainly surprised me at the level of emotion he can generate through his matches. I think the match with PCO can go either way but when you have someone that obviously has a good mind of how to put a match together I’m confident it could well, certainly better than with RUSH. Right now we all know PCO isn’t the way to go as Champ. If it is for the title I could actually see Aldi’s winning or getting close too and Marty costs him.
Name one great Aldis match.

Because all he has are slow, basic, boring matches with senior citizens.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Aldis vs cody, Aldis vs marty
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:45 am
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:41 am No way would I do a Field of Honor, it was never a good idea to begin with. Going back to the Manhattan Centre of Hammerstein would be nice, if you are going to piggy back off of the event. I could see one or two ROH matches involved on the MSG card that may have build from say Super Card or other up coming events that could involve NJPW talent. I could def see an ROH world title match being on the card as a make good for last time, especially if Marty, or at least someone that people want as champ is the contender.

Name one great Aldis match.

Because all he has are slow, basic, boring matches with senior citizens.
For different reasons and for what they were trying to do.

Aldis vs Marty

Aldis vs Flip 1

Aldis vs Ricky Starks
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Aldis vs Ricky Starks is a great match?

Holy hell.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am Aldis vs Ricky Starks is a great match?

Holy hell.
For what it was trying do, yeah it delivered. The word great my over stating it as it wasn’t Misawa/Kobashi but it did a great job of getting Starks over.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:18 am
famicommander wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:14 am Aldis vs Ricky Starks is a great match?

Holy hell.
For what it was trying do, yeah it delivered. The word great my over stating it as it wasn’t Misawa/Kobashi but it did a great job of getting Starks over.
It was sad is what it was.

Really, really sad.