Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm Enjoy. A return to terminal 5 on 4/23
Wait is that real? I looked that up and couldn’t find anything about roh coming to terminal 5 ( other then older articles)hope it is true. I know impact is running there Sunday 4-19 for Rebellion so that is interesting if true.
100% true per a friend close to the subject matter. Who has already gone on social media with the date.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope we get a very clear definition of what Pure rules means in 2020.

My hopes:
-Title changes hands on any win including DQ and countout
-Mandatory code of honor
-No ref bumps
-Limited number of rope breaks and violation warnings (closed fists, etc)

Emphasize the Honor in Ring of Honor.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:32 pm I hope we get a very clear definition of what Pure rules means in 2020.

My hopes:
-Title changes hands on any win including DQ and countout
-Mandatory code of honor
-No ref bumps
-Limited number of rope breaks and violation warnings (closed fists, etc)

Emphasize the Honor in Ring of Honor.
Totally agree. I have high hopes for this. I loved the Pure title and equally Nigel's run with it, which for me is the measuring stick to anyone that holds it.
Trevorofhonor24

Post by Trevorofhonor24 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:53 pm
Trevorofhonor24 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:53 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:28 pm Enjoy. A return to terminal 5 on 4/23
Wait is that real? I looked that up and couldn’t find anything about roh coming to terminal 5 ( other then older articles)hope it is true. I know impact is running there Sunday 4-19 for Rebellion so that is interesting if true.
100% true per a friend close to the subject matter. Who has already gone on social media with the date.
Wow that’s amazing what a week that’s going to be for wrestling fans with impact on Sunday at terminal 5 and then roh Thursday at terminal 5. I’m from nyc so hopefully I can go out to both 🙏.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

People reviewing the company and the weekly product is more positive about Roh then they were last year
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:33 pm People reviewing the company and the weekly product is more positive about Roh then they were last year
Thank you ROH Info Minister.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Why do you have to mock or leave a comment like that
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:59 pm Why do you have to mock or leave a comment like that
x2
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:33 pm People reviewing the company and the weekly product is more positive about Roh then they were last year
ive noticed the same thing. Lets hope it continues.

Also keep up the positivity
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:59 pm Why do you have to mock or leave a comment like that
x2
You post with no purpose. Great they’re getting better reviews, provide some examples from people with credibility. I’m so glad unblocked him to see this post. Never give up.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm
x2
You post with no purpose. Great they’re getting better reviews, provide some examples from people with credibility. I’m so glad unblocked him to see this post. Never give up.
Im so sorry about you, I really sorry ☹️
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I've felt like the overall production of the tv show has improved. The content is not that great, because it's just stuff from Honor Club shows that ROH fans will have already seen. BUT they've been adding segments, like a guy a few weeks back doing a "Best ROH Tag Teams in history" piece. It had lots of old footage and just seemed like a cool addition to the show.

It would be nice to have the exclusive TV matches on there. But from how the Vegas shows are set up, it seems like what used to be tv tapings are now going to be themed shows (like Past vs Present). Honestly, though, this is good because I'd rather the actual shows get better before the tv show gets better.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:00 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:16 pm

x2
Im so sorry about you, I really sorry ☹️
?
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 am I've felt like the overall production of the tv show has improved. The content is not that great, because it's just stuff from Honor Club shows that ROH fans will have already seen. BUT they've been adding segments, like a guy a few weeks back doing a "Best ROH Tag Teams in history" piece. It had lots of old footage and just seemed like a cool addition to the show.

It would be nice to have the exclusive TV matches on there. But from how the Vegas shows are set up, it seems like what used to be tv tapings are now going to be themed shows (like Past vs Present). Honestly, though, this is good because I'd rather the actual shows get better before the tv show gets better.
I like that they have been using some of the videos from social media that help add detail to the stories they are trying to tell. It's a small thing but help flesh concepts out.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:36 am
alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:02 am I've felt like the overall production of the tv show has improved. The content is not that great, because it's just stuff from Honor Club shows that ROH fans will have already seen. BUT they've been adding segments, like a guy a few weeks back doing a "Best ROH Tag Teams in history" piece. It had lots of old footage and just seemed like a cool addition to the show.

I like that they have been using some of the videos from social media that help add detail to the stories they are trying to tell. It's a small thing but help flesh concepts out.

You hit on the biggest problem. They have painted with broad strokes for far too long. Flesh out concepts and characters, give us the why instead of the what.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Could be nothing but Matt hardy is tweeting about big money Matt which was his roh gimmick
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:41 pm Could be nothing but Matt hardy is tweeting about big money Matt which was his roh gimmick
He also did the gimmick in TNA.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

A major announcement regarding women of honor is expected next week
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I want a Tama Tonga TV Title run.

I think Tama is a truly unique performer in this business and that's something that deserves to be recognized. I don't believe he'll ever get a singles title run in NJPW, so maybe the TV Title is perfect for him. Between ROH/CMLL/NJPW Tama has won 9 tag belts, 4 trios belts, and 0 singles belts. I think this does him a disservice because I believe he's far better than his frequent partners (Tanga Loa, El Terrible, Rey Bucanero, Bad Luck Fale).

Tama has a way of moving and behaving in the ring that is uniquely his. He doesn't wrestle like Jay Briscoe at all, but he reminds me of Jay in that his wrestling style perfectly reflects the kind of character he portrays. When you see Jay Briscoe cut a promo and imagine how he might fight, what he actually does in the ring comes pretty close. I feel the same way when I think about Tama as a character and Tama as a wrestler.

Tama utilizes constant misdirection, trickery, and counter wrestling when things are going his way in matches, but when things break down he becomes a violent sociopath. Which reflects his often arrogant, comedic character who can sometimes snap and reveal darker machinations when someone cuts through the pretense.
Montana

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:05 pm I want a Tama Tonga TV Title run.

I think Tama is a truly unique performer in this business and that's something that deserves to be recognized. I don't believe he'll ever get a singles title run in NJPW, so maybe the TV Title is perfect for him. Between ROH/CMLL/NJPW Tama has won 9 tag belts, 4 trios belts, and 0 singles belts. I think this does him a disservice because I believe he's far better than his frequent partners (Tanga Loa, El Terrible, Rey Bucanero, Bad Luck Fale).

Tama has a way of moving and behaving in the ring that is uniquely his. He doesn't wrestle like Jay Briscoe at all, but he reminds me of Jay in that his wrestling style perfectly reflects the kind of character he portrays. When you see Jay Briscoe cut a promo and imagine how he might fight, what he actually does in the ring comes pretty close. I feel the same way when I think about Tama as a character and Tama as a wrestler.

Tama utilizes constant misdirection, trickery, and counter wrestling when things are going his way in matches, but when things break down he becomes a violent sociopath. Which reflects his often arrogant, comedic character who can sometimes snap and reveal darker machinations when someone cuts through the pretense.
I'd certainly LIKE to see this, BUT... it would kinda go back to giving NJPW the spotlight, when ROH is right in the middle of re-establishing itself. Right now, I think Dragon Lee and even Dak Draper would both have really nice reigns. Your going to have guys like Slex, and Brooks, who will need a impactful push upon debuting. People like Joe Hendry/Josh Woods could use the rub too. Either way, i'd like to see it... i just don't think 2020 would be the best time. 2019 would have been perfect, ESPECIALLY if you weren't planning to resign Shane Taylor.