Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Ecks Files.

*The participants in the main event of the 18th Anniversary pay-per-view on March 13 in Las Vegas will be determined by the result of the main event at Gateway To Honor in St. Louis on Feb. 29.

In St. Louis, PCO will defend the ROH World Championship against former champion RUSH and Mark Haskins in a Triple Threat Match. The winner of that match will defend the title at 18th Anniversary against the competitor who did not lose the fall in the Triple Threat.

*It was announced recently that Session Moth Martina will make her ROH debut at Free Enterprise in Baltimore on Feb. 9, and now we know the charismatic international star’s opponent will be former Women of Honor World Champion Sumie Sakai.

*Another match signed for the loaded Free Enterprise card pits Alex Zayne against Andrew Everett. Zayne is coming off a huge upset of Bandido in his ROH debut at Honor Reigns Supreme on Jan. 1

*Two matches just signed for Bound By Honor in Nashville, Tenn., on Feb. 28 are: Dalton Castle and Joe Hendry versus Haskins and Tracy Williams versus Vincent and Bateman in a three-way tag match, and The Allure’s Angelina Love versus Nicole Savoy.

Also, NWA World Champion Nick Aldis has made it known that he will be at Bound By Honor. Before then, Aldis will team with RUSH to face Aldis’ nemesis, Marty Scurll, and PCO in the main event at Free Enterprise.

*New matches signed for Gateway To Honor are: Villain Enterprises (Scurll, PCO and Brody King) verus the Briscoes and Slex in a six-man tag match, and 2 Guys 1 Tag (Silas Young and Josh Woods) versus Vincent and Bateman in tag action.

2G1T are challenging ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham for the title the night before in Nashville, so they could walk into St. Louis as the new champions.

*Alex Shelley has been signed to compete on three upcoming shows. He’ll face Rey Horus in Nashville and Dan Maff in St. Louis. Despite Shelley and Maff’s long tenures in the sport, this will be the first time they have faced each other in a one-on-one match.

Shelley also will compete on ROH past vs. Present in Las Vegas on March 14.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Looks like roh could be signing Andrew and Alex is well is Adam brooks
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Why oh why does ROH have to persist with Sumie I mean seriously if we are going to take this division seriously in anyway getting away from Sumie has to be one if the first things no matter ‘legendary’ status.

Great to see Zayne and Everett, both should be regulars. They could really be the future.

Some really interesting matches for Shelley right there both really different.

Not sure about the multi man tag matches but hopefully they lead to more single matches in the future. Could we not get another Williams Bateman singles.

Interesting to see how they are building SLEX vs VE, does anyone know if there is history being this from MCW in Aus? Have a feeling SLEX will be joining Los at some point.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Gonna have to agree it's past time for Sumie to hang it up. She should transition into a trainer/ambassador role.

The Anniversary Show or Past vs Present would be a good time for a retirement match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ok, shes gonna retire because of your post..sure
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:37 pm Ok, shes gonna retire because of your post..sure
Not because of my post, but because she's pushing 50 and hasn't looked very good the last couple years in the ring. She looks slower and she visibly lacks the strength to use some of her key moves when she's in there with women who are much larger.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I guess their making stadium the place for roh content their playing a lot of Roh stuff this year
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:59 pm
monster mafia wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:37 pm Ok, shes gonna retire because of your post..sure
Not because of my post, but because she's pushing 50 and hasn't looked very good the last couple years in the ring. She looks slower and she visibly lacks the strength to use some of her key moves when she's in there with women who are much larger.
She should be pushed aside by the new booker. Delirious use of Sumie , Cheeseburger , the Boys , Ryan Nova and others of similar ability have driven the fans away . Marty is bringing in guys like Slex , Adam Brooks and Alex Zayne . You know young talent with an upside that just might draw some money .
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

If you've ever wondered to yourself 'How would Cheeseburger fare in a street fight against Nick Gage?,' a promotion in San Antonio will have that answered for you next month.

https://twitter.com/U4IAPRO/status/1215091106762850304
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Also, Mucha Lucha Atlanta announced a partnership of sorts with ROH.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/12 ... 1562526724
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Am I reading it wrong that Roh reached to Cody to help book roh even though he working for aew
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:46 am Looks like roh could be signing Andrew and Alex is well is Adam brooks
Andrew, Alex and Adam? Sounds like a stable...
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Hunter Johnston/Delirious remains executive producer of ROH, and the roster is under the impression that there's already been some collaboration and ideas together with Marty Scrull. Delirious is still responsible for how the show looks and feels, and is expected to mentor Scurll in the role. Those we talked to said that Scrull is in "good hands" starting out.

One talent told us that there's some hesitation internally, not because anyone likes or dislikes Scurll or Delirious, but because the change is scary in general.

It was thought last year that Bully Ray would end up gaining influence in Ring of Honor, but instead only had a "handful of programs." However, we're told he's considered very helpful and knowledgeable backstage.

Fightful has learned that there were "generous" offers made to Cody Rhodes at the very least to retain him. It was confirmed to us that in negotiations the idea of being a booker was broached there, as well, and that both sides seemed to leave with a positive interaction.

Another big change came at the turn of the year, when Jonathan Gresham took over training and booking of the women's division. We're told he's prioritizing getting them paid as much as the men. We'd reported the Women of Honor tryout at the end of March, and there are specific talent that are being flown in and sponsored, with costs covered for the tryout. Gresham is looking to reinvigorate the division after they lost Kelly Klein, Tenille Dashwood, Madison Rayne, among others last year. After concerns were raised by Kristen Ashly about marital status and children being included on a Women of Honor tryout app
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

I'm not sure I believe the Cody thing but wouldn't mind knowing when this approach happened last year.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am Am I reading it wrong that Roh reached to Cody to help book roh even though he working for aew
Oh god..what are you talking about?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Read what I posted Fightful did a story which 411 mania posted
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Yeah, I just read it, thats weird..
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am Am I reading it wrong that Roh reached to Cody to help book roh even though he working for aew
I think what the article is talking about is when Cody and ROH were discussing a new deal before everything AEW happened and he was still discussing his future.

Great to hear what ROH is doing with the WOH tryout, hopefully that means a lot of women from around the UK/Europe, Asian/Australasia as well as America/Mexico.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The reason I say that because 411mania said it's not clear how is involvement with Roh would affect his aew duties
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

very good news about that woh tryout.