Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Nicole savoy might get signed now What happened with Sumie and Maria manic seems to be busy with bully
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Loved the show! I really like this roster and how they finally are using them in the right way, putting the right people in the right matches with a good amount of time. Also, I like how some storylines are playing.

Dragon Lee (c) vs. Andrew Everett ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Dak Drapper vs. Jason Cade ⭐⭐⭐

Josh Woods vs. Jonathan Gresham ⭐⭐⭐1/2

Briscoes vs. Lifeblood vs. Maff & Cobb ⭐⭐⭐3/4

Villain Enterprises (Scurll, Brody & Flip) (c) vs. Mexa Squad (Flamita, Bandido & Horus) ⭐⭐⭐⭐1/4+

PCO (c) vs. Rush ⭐⭐⭐ (great post match)

Final rating: 9/10.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

When will they realize that Nick Aldis is a garbage wrestler and the NWA has nothing to offer them at all?

Holy crap. They never learn any lesson, ever. They tried this NWA crap last year and nobody cared, and now NWA is half as popular as it was then.

It's like they WANT to look like a low rent garbage indie pile of crap.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Sad, sad day with Kendo Nagasaki and La Parka passing away.

Parka never recovered from his injuries from last October and died at just 54 years old.

Nagasaki's pacemaker gave out on him.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I dont mind Nick Aldis, but there isn't more else with NWA i'd be interested in. I actually only watched the first episode, but it does seem like they do have some good talent on the mic. I assume it's just to hype up the Marty vs. Aldis matchup.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Their top talent includes horrible wrestlers like
Damien Sandow (worst TNA run of any "name" acquisition ever)
Ken Anderson (the swinging neckbreaker he started four months ago is about halfway over)
Tim Storm (same age as my dad who has four grandchildren)
Rock N Roll Express (a decade older than PCO)
Nick Aldis (worst TNA world champion ever)

And racists Dave Lagana, Dave Marquez, and Billy Corgan steering the ship.

I do wish James Storm, Eddie Kingston, and Eli Drake were wrestling elsewhere, though.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:14 am Their top talent includes horrible wrestlers like
Damien Sandow (worst TNA run of any "name" acquisition ever)
Ken Anderson (the swinging neckbreaker he started four months ago is about halfway over)
Tim Storm (same age as my dad who has four grandchildren)
Rock N Roll Express (a decade older than PCO)
Nick Aldis (worst TNA world champion ever)

And racists Dave Lagana, Dave Marquez, and Billy Corgan steering the ship.

I do wish James Storm, Eddie Kingston, and Eli Drake were wrestling elsewhere, though.
Royce Isaacs has potential. He needs to get out of that tag team with Bram.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:16 am When will they realize that Nick Aldis is a garbage wrestler and the NWA has nothing to offer them at all?

Holy crap. They never learn any lesson, ever. They tried this NWA crap last year and nobody cared, and now NWA is half as popular as it was then.

To be fair I love what the NWA presents. Low rent set up is ROH in Atlanta. It appears to be no fans from a hard cam shot. Horrid set up.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

NWA's studio is the worst venue in all of wrestling.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is this the first time in the company's history that ROH has had this number of Luchadores (5) on the regular roster?
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:16 am When will they realize that Nick Aldis is a garbage wrestler and the NWA has nothing to offer them at all?

Might be something that Marty wants.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Tell him "no"

Associating with White Power Wrestling is a bad idea through and through.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:15 pm Tell him "no"

Lot of minorities and non-white folk work there. Not sure where the gate comes from
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:56 pm
famicommander wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:15 pm Tell him "no"

Lot of minorities and non-white folk work there. Not sure where the gate comes from
Dave Lagana, Billy Corgan, and Dave Marquez are all massive bigots.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Nick Aldis is a close friend of the booker . Aldis will be booked on a regular basis.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:05 pm

Nick Aldis is a close friend of the booker . Aldis will be booked on a regular basis.
Then I'll be tuning out of those segments on a regular basis.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Understood. However Nick and Marty are close friends, so Nick will be on ROH TV.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Marty Scurll has signed a new deal with Ring of Honor, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources. The two sides had been working on a deal for some time after Scurll's last deal expired at the end of November. PWInsider.com has not confirmed the length of the deal, although ROH has been locking talents into multi-year deals of late, so it makes sense that the new deal is at least a two year deal.

PWInsider.com can confirm, however, that as of this weekend, Scurll is taking on lead booking duties for the company. Hunter “Delirious” Johnston remains with the company in a creative capacity and will be working with Scurll, but we are told that moving forward, Scurll will have the lead position for creative with Johnston working in conjunction with him. Scurll was heavily involved in all aspects of ROH's event last night in Atlanta from a behind the scenes perspective. We are also told that the upcoming 2/9 free event in Baltimore was a Scurll idea.

It appears that Scurll’s new ROH deal will also allow Scurll to continue to work for the NWA. The NWA storyline for Scurll vs. Aldis bled over into last night’s ROH event in Atlanta, where the NWA tapes TV.

Ring of Honor will run Concord, NC tonight.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:21 pm Understood. However Nick and Marty are close friends, so Nick will be on ROH TV.
He still sucks either way, but I'd be more okay with Aldis appearing without any NWA affiliation.

There is a reckoning coming in pro wrestling.

NWA originally sticking by Cornette, Corgan's history of anti LBGT/generally completely insane statements, Lagana's retweeting of white nationalist propaganda, Marquez demanding to know why Eddie Murphy is allowed to make racist jokes on SNL (about his own race) but Cornette isn't allowed to say racist things on commentary, Jim Cornette in general, WWE's blackface ACH t-shirts, Vince McMahon and WWE in general, Tessa's N-bombs.

Eventually a Gamergate/#meetoo style controversy is going to explode and it's going to be a figurative bloodbath.

I understand that in pro wrestling, very few people are gonna come out clean. But when one company is run by three guys who are unapologetically bigoted in public on a regular basis, it should be common sense to avoid them.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I don't know about all that . It is a free country , people have the right to free speech and their own personal views..

. I just try to be a good person, cannot control anyone else. In my book , getting rid of Delirious is all that matters. I just hope he takes Bubba with him.