Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Lynx

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Lynx »

I have read that for Japanese companies it is a popular goal to have some presence in the USA and Bushiroad's stock price went up when they announced NJPW USA branch. They obviously would love to have a TV deal and draw bigger cards, but at the same time it looks like they'd be fine with it being as it is and they are not going to start working with people that they don't like (Impact, AEW) just because that would lead to some TV exposure.

Another issue probably would be that NJPW would want all their guys to basically go over in crossover matches and I'm not sure if other companies are really eager to do that after how it played out for RoH.

Either way it doesn't matter, it looks like their business in Japan is still growing so its like who cares, they can do whatever they want.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Gunn Club closed out the show again vs. Spears and Avalon. I don't think this one is airing either. No announcers were at the booth when it was going on
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Dave on the observer radio said Marty was offered wwe main roster money contract that would have him work 40 dates with a few perks to stay with roh
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 pm
kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:54 pm

As well as a gift to Billy to allow him a chance to team with his son for the first time on a big stage.
TBH that's pretty cool.
It was very important for Billy as I believe it’s going to be his final match.
Why his final match? Just wondering considering the guy is seemingly in fantastic shape for his age.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pwinsider reports Roh and Marty are close to finalizing a deal which would give Marty more responsibility with the company
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Marty having a strong voice in creative (not just his own work, but the show overall, if that is part of the responsibilities he will have, I'm guessing producer will also be in there as well). My main hope is that his time in creative will be an honest and considered one, unlike the Bucks and Cody's time with that particuler role and time they had with it. If Marty does have this role within the company I hope he will see fans feelings and have an strong idea of what the company could be, overall you can understand not only from a financial stand point but from a creative side why he would stay with ROH. This really could be his time as a professional wrestler to make a mark on his own that could be ever lasting. We have all known for a while creative has needed a much needed fresh voice and energy, I hope Marty takes that chance.

This really could be a very interesting and positive year for ROH if the talent choices continue and also become part of the company, while creative decisions so far continue, while obviously fresh voice brings new stronger ideas to what has been lacking for a long time.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I didn't think about him in creative I will say this roh seems to making smarter decisions so far this year
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

They are the only resposiblities that come to mind, that would be significant for Marty to stay and to be part of contract.

It will be interesting to see what happens and like you say so far they are making smarter choices in what they do, it now has to continue and hopefully people will show some forgiveness in their stances, (myself included) to get an audience back.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Zhuge1 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:39 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:12 pm
kovs27 wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 pm

TBH that's pretty cool.
It was very important for Billy as I believe it’s going to be his final match.
Why his final match? Just wondering considering the guy is seemingly in fantastic shape for his age.
Age and passion for coaching
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Hey guys....by rule of thumb, i always watch honor club shows after they air live. Tonight im thinking of watching it live but can only start at 800. i know the show starts at 700. can i actually start the stream and back it up an hour? Or will i miss an hour?

Thanks!!!!
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm pretty confident i did what you are talking about above with no issues.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Montana wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:37 pm I'm pretty confident i did what you are talking about above with no issues.
Awesome!!! thats good news if true. i put the kids to bed at 730. That plus lying down with them means i wont be free until 8.

im afraid to get my hopes up though. is it availableto watch immediately after? ive always only watched a few days later
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Watching the show on Honor Club right now, and the production is pretty decent. Video packages before matches, etc. Seems like PPV-level production for just an Honor Club show, which is a good thing.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

How was the show?
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Shanahan wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:57 pm How was the show?
Good and bad. But the good was really good and the bad was really, really bad. Dak Draper and Jason Cade was messy. Six man tag for the titles was tremendous.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Show was really good

Lee vs Everett ***3/4
Tag team woman match **1/4
Draper vs Cade **1/2
Gresham vs Woods ***1/2
Triple Threat ***1/2
6 man ****1/4
PCO vs Rush **1/2

Tag team scene is awesome. Good storyline advancement. looking forward to the future.

Crowd was fantastic
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Caught that 6 man and a couple other things. but yeah, that 6 man was GREAT...

With the current factions... if ROH just wants to do a bunch of really fun multi-man matches like that in 2020.. I'd be cool with that.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

i have to watch it tomorrow...had some family stuff i couldn't skip out on.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great News on Bandido, hopefully that first title win is just the start for, this year could really be his year as pro. Seeing Flamita and Horus with gold around their waist is great to see, having seem grind around the world for so long without much TV/PPV exposure at a high level outside of Mexico. They, both along with Bandido could be such a plus for ROH on so many levels, I really hope the single matches for them tonight really show their skills in different ways and gives ROH confidence in having strong singles matches for them on shows going forward.

I think it's a good start for where ROH is right now, everyone has pretty much carried on from the good posistions that they seemed to find last year. It's now the priority to get strength nearly everyone is finding themselves in and build and build. Talent is now there from all over the world, that should give ROH if they are willing to listen a lot of new and fresh ideas to play with, and if they are looking at the Indy world for talent they have a surpluse of men and women that could flood ROH with quality from top to bottom. Leading to which I hope Everett is more than just a two show guy, as long as he is Injury free he is a huge plus as a performer, certainly needs to get in much better shape. He is though someone that will give his all in the ring and has a personality that could be taken far. Also loosing the singlet needs to happen regardless of the gimick, it just looks low rent.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I thought it was an excellent show... maybe better than anything in all of 2019

Lee vs Everett 3.75 -4.0
Tag team woman match 2.0
Draper vs Cade 2.75
Gresham vs Woods 4.25 (not going to spoil the end, but probably the best match like this ive seen)
Triple Threat 4.0
6 man 4.5 (gotta like tornado rules though)
PCO vs Rush 3.25

You could tell ROH had something to prove tonight. Entertainment, Surprises, great wrestling, all variety. I'd go a strong 9/10. Entertaining top to bottom. Not regretting renewing HonorClub at all at the moment. I Just wish honorclub was free so everyone can enjoy these shows. Much better than the TV product.