Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by kovs27 »

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1207694271391895554

I think this may be where monster mafia got that piece of information. If I'm wrong I apologize ahead of time. This is the first I've seen of it. If things are going smoothly backstage it certainly doesn't come across that way on tv. There is an absolute disconnect from stories being told to how matches are worked to how the commentary calls it. I just posted about the commentary team in the AEW thread addressing this subject.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 am https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1207694271391895554

I think this may be where monster mafia got that piece of information. If I'm wrong I apologize ahead of time. This is the first I've seen of it. If things are going smoothly backstage it certainly doesn't come across that way on tv. There is an absolute disconnect from stories being told to how matches are worked to how the commentary calls it. I just posted about the commentary team in the AEW thread addressing this subject.
This! Thanks
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:30 am https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/1207694271391895554

To call it perfect would be a blatant lie but there’s complete nonsense and exaggeration. They do change stuff and will continue to do so but infighting and “politics” is just wrong. This locker room and crew get along better than most ROH crews in the Gabe era. Yes, some talent won’t work together based on relationships beyond company control but that Rovert dude is a super sonic level troll that blackmailed female talent in NXT for dirt. There’s no perfect company or locker room let alone one full of people doing this level of an operation for the first time.
Captain Podcast
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

i posted a reply and then re-read it and felt it was too harsh. Not here to start arguments. I like ROH and AEW. Carry on.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Dark order..

Lol
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

My first instinct is to read the backstage production as "fly by seat of their pants" rather than it being in a toxic imbroglio of selfish creative control. I can believe four inexperienced (as showrunners) VPs and Tony and other producers would have a lot of struggle over in creating two hour shows indefinitely. And I think three months on TV is too short a time for very many workers on the roster to find themselves in low morale.
monster mafia wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:25 pm Dark order..

Lol
Yes... but at least the Smash Bros are good. I'm really worried about ROH's dark clown stable. Just the idea of Delirious booking a Vincent-led faction is exhausting to me.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm pretty down on all the shows right now. ROH, AEW, NJPW, Impact, MLW, WWE. I dunno, just not excited about anything in wrestling right now.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:04 pm I'm pretty down on all the shows right now. ROH, AEW, NJPW, Impact, MLW, WWE. I dunno, just not excited about anything in wrestling right now.
I have been enjoying Impact, especially since their move to AXS but besides that, I'm with you. Nobody is setting the world in fire right now.
AnHonorableMention

Lol
Vignettes are awesome, last night sucked. Based on the story and who else is planned to be involved they should not have aired them until the rest of the group was ready to go. Can’t say much more than that.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Wilson wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:02 pm My first instinct is to read the backstage production as "fly by seat of their pants" rather than it being in a toxic imbroglio of selfish creative control. I can believe four inexperienced (as showrunners) VPs and Tony and other producers would have a lot of struggle over in creating two hour shows indefinitely. And I think three months on TV is too short a time for very many workers on the roster to find themselves in low morale.
They’ve got too much planned as opposed to organic booking and seeing how fans react. That’s my view.

Lol
Yes... but at least the Smash Bros are good. I'm really worried about ROH's dark clown stable. Just the idea of Delirious booking a Vincent-led faction is exhausting to me.
[/quote]

Clowns are scary and so is the prospect of delirious booking another year.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:40 pm
famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:04 pm I'm pretty down on all the shows right now. ROH, AEW, NJPW, Impact, MLW, WWE. I dunno, just not excited about anything in wrestling right now.
I have been enjoying Impact, especially since their move to AXS but besides that, I'm with you. Nobody is setting the world in fire right now.
Their camera work/editing is seriously horrible, though.

Keep it in mind next time you watch an episode. Sometimes there are four camera cuts in a single second. They'll cut to a different angle every time a move is about to land and it makes things incoherent sometimes.

It's distracting and borderline unwatchable.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:58 pm

Keep it in mind next time you watch an episode. Sometimes there are four camera cuts in a single second. They'll cut to a different angle every time a move is about to land and it makes things incoherent sometimes.

Only saw the throwback episode of impact, that was fun. Also saw wrestlers court, that needs to be a weekly thing.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Only saw the throwback episode of impact, that was fun. Also saw wrestlers court, that needs to be a weekly thing.
Agreed on both of those counts. I also enjoy current heel RVD and the Tessa vs Callihan feud. The product is the best it has been since the Spike TV days, it's just presented like crap.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I never noticed the camera cuts before. I hope that doesn't ruin the show for me lol.

The throwback show and wrestler court segments were really funny. I like that the wrestlers court also led to a match the next week.

Tessa vs. Sami is my favorite story in wrestling right now. I feel like they have big things planned for Rich Swann which I have no problems with.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I find mlw more enjoyable than impact specially now with killer kross
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:10 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:01 pm

Agreed on both of those counts. I also enjoy current heel RVD and the Tessa vs Callihan feud. The product is the best it has been since the Spike TV days, it's just presented like crap.
I have no interest in Callihan doing anything front of my eyes. He repulses me. Same goes for male on female violence, simulated or not simulated. Inter-gender haha wrestling is fine but that's not what that angle is. As for RVD, he's another that I just don't care for anymore. I was a big RVD fan but having spent time around him at wrestlecons and heard stories of how he treats people it hurts me to see. Plus his style is no longer really the kind I go out of my way to see when I can see a more vast offense elsewhere.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:38 pm I find mlw more enjoyable than impact specially now with killer kross
You got unblocked so I can reply to this appreciate the tip. Dude just got announced for one show, how could you like something more before it's happened? Do you live in the future Mr. ROH PR?
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I don't appreciate you coming after people that like something about roh I have seen you doing that for months including me which I have been nothing but civil to everyone here if you don't like anything about roh anymore why cover it and put yourself through that misery
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:25 pm I don't appreciate you coming after people that like something about roh I have seen you doing that for months including me which I have been nothing but civil to everyone here if you don't like anything about roh anymore why cover it and put yourself through that misery
You didn't answer my question. I love ROH, it's brought me many wonderful memories and life long friendships beyond wrestling events. Hell, some of the people will be at my house warming party others are helping me move. It's not a misery at all but a reminder of just how great ROH once was.

Now answer my question mr. Cleo.
Captain Podcast
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Right now the company i enjoy the most is GCW. Everytime I watch a show i just enjoy and have fun with everything. Passionate fans, great young talent and no filler.

Btw, i always find something interesting yo see on the indies, there's so much stuff going right now. On the other hand, since I'm more of a wrestling and workrate guy, weeklies are not my cup of tea, only Dynamite some weeks.