Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is it safe to say sinclair is putting more money into Roh
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

classic-cabana wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:03 am ROH have had a very decent roster all year, its very hard to get excited about any changes when the problems still exist and don't look like leaving any time soon

Bully Ray
Delirious
Joe Koff
Office boy Greg

Ding ding ding, we have a winner
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

That sucks if Tracy Williams is leaving. Although not a main eventer/match of the nighter... yet. He’s a very consistent performer and always has a solid match. Thought him and Haskins carried a few shows. Think he could grow into that Roddy role, but we may not get that if he’s leaving.

Colt is a big loss, mainly for commentary. At least we still have Ian. Taylor is more of a loss, just based on his strong booking the last 6-9 months.

I like the adds. I’m not sold on Marty staying just yet.

Yes, the management /booking needs to change.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

i wonder how Joey Mercury feels about WWEs amazing concussion protocol after TLC last night
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Is there gonna be a WrestleMania weekend show or not? Need to announce something. May go if they announce a Saturday noon or Friday evening show as I'm going to Takeover on the Saturday. If they don't announce one soon I'm going to the Janela show on Friday and that would suck because WM weekend is usually the only time a year I get to see an ROH show. I'd kinda feel lime my weekend was incomplete.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I have my opinions of the current leadership and I doubt my stance on ROH will change until they are gone. Regardless looking at the possibilities for next year I am happy with where everything can go where people are being placed through booking etc. Although there have been a lot of failure's along the way and we as fans are going to have to let things like LifeBlood just fade away into a distant memory I am hopeful of what next year will bring. Talent to me has been way more of an issue for ROH for a long time, someone like Cobb should have had way more great matches in his TV title reign but because of talent situation and generally a lack of quality it couldn't be done regularly. ROH have seemed to have sorted that and that if they are smart enough continue, there shouldn't be excuses for poor cards anymore.

With the chances of say Marty vs RUSH/Cobb, Bandido vs Dragon Lee, Flip vs Dragon Lee, Hendry vs Shelley, Haskins vs many guys on the roster multiple tag team matches that I am more than into while being able to split them off into other matches like Lethal vs Bandido, Flamita vs Gresham, Vinny, Bateman and co vs Taven and hopefully some new people coming in on his side. SLEX debuting and put him against so many guys on this roster you will have a great match. I personally can't look at those options and not be excited about the potential of cards down the line, granted it's now up everyone to deliver but this year was a sign that they have been listening, it's time to double down on that.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

indyfan wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:37 am i wonder how Joey Mercury feels about WWEs amazing concussion protocol after TLC last night
I was thinking about this at the time, scary moment for anyone.

I would guess Wrestlemania was/is being held back because of certain contracts being up in the air.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Do you see roh going after luke harper ?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I don't see why not, you could replace PCO with Harper and it would probably be a more natural fit.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:25 am Do you see roh going after luke harper ?
god hear you.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The woman with Vincent last night was vita vonstarr
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

I’ll miss Williams the most of everyone leaving. Always in good match and was hoping him and Haskins would eventually be tag champs
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Shanahan wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:34 am I’ll miss Williams the most of everyone leaving. Always in good match and was hoping him and Haskins would eventually be tag champs
They made a really good team. I was hoping for more for them as well.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Lifeblood was such a disappointment

Dashwood - injured, then gone
Juice - moved to Japan full time
Finlay - injured
Bandido - injured, possibly now tagging with Flamita again full time
Williams - apparently gone
Haskins - trapped in an endless program with Bubba
Black - never an official member
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Still no word on the anniversary show?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:17 pm Lifeblood was such a disappointment

As a faction, creatively, absolutely. Never really got the point of it all to be honest.

Match wise, especially tag team matches, any combination of Haskins, Williams and Bandido delivered consistently all year. They've been a great addition to the roster.

I suppose Lifeblood perfectly sums up ROH this year. Went nowhere creatively but still delivered good to excellent bouts throughout.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They should pair Haskins with PJ Black. I said that even while Lifeblood was still a thing.

They wrestle a similar style but PJ Black is a decade more experienced and is more well known due to his multiple title reigns across WWE, Impact, and Lucha Underground.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ron hunt that supposed to be with Shane Taylor is still tagging Roh and to still watch Roh is it possible that Shane is still with Roh or is Ron hunt going solo in roh
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

classic-cabana wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:03 pm
famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:17 pm Lifeblood was such a disappointment

As a faction, creatively, absolutely. Never really got the point of it all to be honest.

Match wise, especially tag team matches, any combination of Haskins, Williams and Bandido delivered consistently all year. They've been a great addition to the roster.

I suppose Lifeblood perfectly sums up ROH this year. Went nowhere creatively but still delivered good to excellent bouts throughout.
This.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

famicommander wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:53 pm They should pair Haskins with PJ Black. I said that even while Lifeblood was still a thing.

They wrestle a similar style but PJ Black is a decade more experienced and is more well known due to his multiple title reigns across WWE, Impact, and Lucha Underground.
It seems like they are setting up PJ Black to tag with Brian Johnson.

Johnson was a solid tag team wrestler before when he teamed with Justin Pusser (One Mean Team). That was honestly probably the best he's been in ROH. Would be nice to see him lose the comedic Mecca of Manhood garbage and move onto something else. Maybe he and Black would be a decent team.