Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I like roh current roster but all three of those companies are working over time to grow while the people running roh are only there to collect a easy paycheck
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Fans will come back if ROH/Sinclair has shown to do the right thing and put In the right people/standards.

I just hope we are heading towards a moment where change just has to come.

The talent is greater than MLW buy a long way, ROH just needs the shot in the arm of people that better at facilitating what wrestlers need to succeed.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Roh has a better roster than mlw but I wish the storytelling that mlw has Roh would put into their product
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Not giving Hunter a free ride here but it sounds like management needed things to go a certain way for fear of people leaving etc. This could have put ROH in a direction that maybe hard to plan for. Could be way wrong on that though.

Regardless this really has nothing to with any other company than ROH, people shouldn’t be scared or depressed how low this goes as long as the outcome is the right one. Personally I’m angry and ashamed enough that I’m demanding change do the same and it will happen. Email Sinclair, ROH your feelings they will have to take note.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:28 pm https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/sta ... 95040?s=20

I liked this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top 3 Joey tweet.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm The lack of belief shown in talent is frightening, I realise there’s fears involved etc but fuck man. That’s all nuts, pure and simple they have to go, if this is what talent and to some extent Hunter is up against no wonder it’s a shit show.
Can only imagine what Hunter's talks with Greg are. "Hey dude how about that old guy Chris Daniels?" Greg: "Yeah he's real old won't draw a dime." Meanwhile Daniels is fine wine. SMH
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:45 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm The lack of belief shown in talent is frightening, I realise there’s fears involved etc but fuck man. That’s all nuts, pure and simple they have to go, if this is what talent and to some extent Hunter is up against no wonder it’s a shit show.
Can only imagine what Hunter's talks with Greg are. "Hey dude how about that old guy Chris Daniels?" Greg: "Yeah he's real old won't draw a dime." Meanwhile Daniels is fine wine. SMH
Hahaha! I would love to know what talent actually is decent in Gregg’s eyes. He must have an excuse for everyone as to why it’s all bad. He really sounds like the most depressing awkward boss to have to deal with, for all of Koff’s shit he at least feels energetic of has something to him.

There really is a total lack of awareness of what fans want and if Hunter literally has to talk his way into selling guys to management it’s insane. No wonder Joey has blown his lid of these are the responses he is getting on a daily.

Honestly I just want to start a go fund me and buy ROH, at least then we could get somewhere new.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Reading those leaks, did I get it right that it was Joey's idea to bring in Enzo and Cass?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Lynx wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:26 am Reading those leaks, did I get it right that it was Joey's idea to bring in Enzo and Cass?
That's what I understood too. Enzo said that he spoke with Sinclair's Office, so I asume Greg was the one pushing the idea or, at least, giving an OK to Joey's plan, since he was the one pushing for it, even saying that this could be great and let to a saga of matches with The Briscoes.

It's really weird that Greg took the AWFUL idea of the worked shoot but passed on Marty winning the Ladder Match because he was leaving.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I still have to wonder where ROH would be if they continued with Enzo and Cass. I get a lot of people in the IWC disliked it..but at the same time would ticket sales be slumping as much right now?? Partially i can why Vince / WWE doesnt always listen to fans. I get that they would potentially be cancers in the locker room, but ROH does need more star power and haven't really added anyone other than PJ Black. Not to mention, look at MLW's locker room with Aires, Low Ki, Teddy Hart, Jim Cornette, etc. Court Bauer deserve a gold medal for making that all work out.

Anyways worst case scenario Enzo/Cass would have been awful in the locker room, and eventually get booted out the company. ALthough the hope would be gaining new fans in the short term. Guess we'll never know how it would have played out.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Was thinking about Joe Koff... this dude has to be mid-60's. He's gotta be in the retirement window, especially for a COO. Not sure if he has a wife/kids.... but i imagine he considers this job easy/enjoyable which is why he hasn't retired yet. With all this stuff going on, does Koff just step down/retire?? Who would take over?? Hopefully Greg gets fired/ or moved to another area within Sinclair before Joe goes.

Two people within the company i have some faith in are Colt and Ian. Not sure if they meet all the requirements to lead a company, but feel like they understand the wrestling world side of it fairly well. I'd like to see them take on a bigger role over the product side in 2020. I have a feeling they get today's wrestling, and not so much the wrestling of the 90's. I think the overall answer is they need more help in general. The out of date website interface, Honor Club never updating, lack of Merchandise, Lack of local promoting etc et. It can't all fall on 1-2 people.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:26 am Was thinking about Joe Koff... this dude has to be mid-60's. He's gotta be in the retirement window, especially for a COO. Not sure if he has a wife/kids.... but i imagine he considers this job easy/enjoyable which is why he hasn't retired yet. With all this stuff going on, does Koff just step down/retire?? Who would take over?? Hopefully Greg gets fired/ or moved to another area within Sinclair before Joe goes.

Two people within the company i have some faith in are Colt and Ian. Not sure if they meet all the requirements to lead a company, but feel like they understand the wrestling world side of it fairly well. I'd like to see them take on a bigger role over the product side in 2020. I have a feeling they get today's wrestling, and not so much the wrestling of the 90's. I think the overall answer is they need more help in general. The out of date website interface, Honor Club never updating, lack of Merchandise, Lack of local promoting etc et. It can't all fall on 1-2 people.
The fear is if Koff steps down then Sinclair just kills off the company.
Montana

Post by Montana »

My guess would be that they sell the company, and not just shut it down. I'm sure WWE would love to own it at the right price. I assume AEW would have interest. SBG just purchased like 30 fox sports channels that will need content.

Side note; Not sure if anyone saw it , but fox sports has a pretty cool 30 second commercial hyping Ring of HOnor on Fox Sports. Mainly feauturing Rush, Taven, Bandido.among others.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Personally if you have invested the money in the company, from personel, advertising etc, you seemingly have a vested interest in the company. If you do and you are currently being perceieved from outside world as having negative press that is going to continue to build, the smart business decision would be to replace those that are affecting you negatviely and causing business to suffer. Like in sports franchise the owner generally fires the manager and assitent i.e. and Joe and Gregg.

You actually have a replacement for the time being in Cary, in all honesty everyone I'm sure knows what they are doing and can run the ship themselves, I mean by the sounds of it they have been. They may look to someone like Bischoff for Joe's role which he did well in, especially early WCW and where they were, he found ways and means to advertise. The good for Bischoff would be he would have a tight leash over him and not someone wanting to go to war and throwing millions around. I'm not saying he's the answer at all, but anyone with a large wrestling experience in that area would be welcome. There needs to be far more wrestling people involved in ROH and with a new management team would likely come fresh faces and ideas that necessarily wouldn't involve Bully Ray.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Who out there is young, hungry, full of fresh ideas, able too handle wrestlers and corporate that knows nothing about the business and would actually want the job? Anyone have any ideas who is available that would fit the bill of running ROH?
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:36 am Who out there is young, hungry, full of fresh ideas, able too handle wrestlers and corporate that knows nothing about the business and would actually want the job? Anyone have any ideas who is available that would fit the bill of running ROH?
They have to be available, hmmm. Well in October 2018 there were 3 at your disposal who could have fixed this wreck.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:08 pm
Hahaha! I would love to know what talent actually is decent in Gregg’s eyes. He must have an excuse for everyone as to why it’s all bad. He really sounds like the most depressing awkward boss to have to deal with, for all of Koff’s shit he at least feels energetic of has something to him.

There really is a total lack of awareness of what fans want and if Hunter literally has to talk his way into selling guys to management it’s insane. No wonder Joey has blown his lid of these are the responses he is getting on a daily.

Honestly I just want to start a go fund me and buy ROH, at least then we could get somewhere new.
Greg’s not a wrestling fan so I assume nobody.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:36 am Who out there is young, hungry, full of fresh ideas, able too handle wrestlers and corporate that knows nothing about the business and would actually want the job? Anyone have any ideas who is available that would fit the bill of running ROH?
It’s not even about needing fresh ideas really, it’s about creating a good foundation of people who are at the corporate end of ROH. Say like a talent relations person especially on tours, a competent person to organise travel and accommodation, two people to handle local and wider area promotion, a Video/Graphic creative department that can really unleash the creative nature of the talent and ROH while creating merch that people will want to buy, two or three experienced wrestlers (someone like X-PAC, he’s shown he really gets the business, while also now a clean guy) that can work with talent in separate issues, say promo’s, selling etc. A GM who gives a flying fuck about talent and a COO who isnt implicit in keeping people around who do a bad job because of some personal attachment. Concussion protocols, a medic at all events, touring security and equal opportunity pay for all women. Also A female trainer at the dojo say Molly Holly, who has a tone of experience in this area. Who can also work on the creative end with say someone like Prazack who would know the best women to bring in.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:01 am
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:08 pm

Greg’s not a wrestling fan so I assume nobody.
This seems to be the case, which is just so stupid considering the position.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

One of the more frustrating things about these leaked conversations is how totally apathetic Gilleland is to wrestlers becoming stars. He seems totally detached from the star-making process and the idea of how ROH established its reputation/legacy. The return on investment on the Young Bucks, Cody, Adam Cole, reDRagon, SoCal Uncensored is that it becomes known that they either cut their teeth in ROH or that ROH was the place that allowed them to put things together to become headlining acts. You want to be seen as one of the most influential promotions in North America, one worth constantly paying attention to.