Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilsonpost_id=164319time=1574466948 wrote:
I sort of fear for the immediate future of ROH if Greg or Joe step down, because the company is rockier than any time I can recall this decade, but I think it's worth it to get the wrestlers more responsible management.
It’s certainly worth it, if it changes it will show that a voice matters. That change can happen and a better company will be strong in the wrestling market. I imagine if all the men and women out there see the change and it’s good they’ll jump at the chance at working for ROH again.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mercury needs help..proffesional help.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:38 pm Mercury needs help..proffesional help.
So very clearly but that’s not indicative of anything he’s said being wrong. I said before I had concerns that he’s becoming Batman but there zero reason to dismiss any of it
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:38 pm Mercury needs help..proffesional help.
I would also say he needs to be supported and believed, the veracity of his claims are tight enough that the way he does things or who he may come across should deminish anything right now.

Else we will just end up back ar square one with the same people, the same problems and the people we watch and enjoy in an unhealthy environment.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

It is fucked up situation. He needs help and even if he is releasing lots of valuable information it does feel like he is being used by other people.
AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 am It is fucked up situation. He needs help and even if he is releasing lots of valuable information it does feel like he is being used by other people.
Who’s using him? Let’s be real here Joey is doing what’s right and his mental and substance abuse issues have NOTHING to do with this. NOTHING. I would consider anyone playing the mental health card just being another sycophant apologist who truly doesn’t want ROH to succeed.
Captain Podcast
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:52 am
Lynx wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 2:32 am It is fucked up situation. He needs help and even if he is releasing lots of valuable information it does feel like he is being used by other people.
Who’s using him? Let’s be real here Joey is doing what’s right and his mental and substance abuse issues have NOTHING to do with this. NOTHING. I would consider anyone playing the mental health card just being another sycophant apologist who truly doesn’t want ROH to succeed.
I agree with what you are saying but his tweets are hard to read and he seems nuts. Im sure there is a lot truth to what hes saying but he seems under the influence. his tweets about is convos with wrestling journalists are really bad and arent doing him any favors.

i feel bad for him and i hope he gets help

looking at this from the outside from what i have gathered Klein would most likely want to work with her husband. it seems to be only Klein, Witmer and Joey corroborating the some of the leaked details.

Thats not saying they are lying or not being truthfull, but id imagine guys who aren't resigning would of said something by now. Unless they have and ive missed it.
Last edited by indyfan on Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

indyfan wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:10 am
I agree with what you are saying but his tweets are hard to read and he seems nuts. Im sure there is a lot truth to what hes saying but he seems under the influence. his tweets about is convos with wrestling journalists are really bad and arent doing him any favors.

looking at this from the outside from what i have gathered Klein would most likely want to work with her husband. it seems to be only Klein, Witmer and Joey corroborating the some of the leaked details.

Thats not saying they are lying or not being truthfull, but id imagine guys who aren't resigning would of said something by now. Unless they have and ive missed it.
The Newsweek article did have a few others corroborating different issues as well, they just wanted to stay anonymous.
AnHonorableMention

I’m certainly not a mental health professional but I do know about prescription drug use and abuse. The verbalizing of points often sounds similar in both cases. My father suffers from bi-polar disorder and is a manic depressive who when I was a child tried to end his life. As a premeditated move I began seeing a therapist for sleep related issues and my own depression. Joey’s ranting is a sign of being off what he’s legally prescribed not that that he’s on something. Being off your meds is far worse than being on too much of them when it comes to speaking and socializing based on my life experience.

I’m sure working two travel schedules is not easy for a marriage. But I also know both Kelly & BJ and their level of professionalism and integrity. I’ve been around BJ as both wrestler and executive he’s overly qualified and under appreciated. No agenda other than putting out a product best for the fans. What has gone on at ROH to Kelly, if that was my wife I’d have been at Greg’s front door. All respect in the world to Joey, Kelly and BJ for keeping this factual. Sadly no need to stretch the tragedy.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:30 am

I’m certainly not a mental health professional but I do know about prescription drug use and abuse. The verbalizing of points often sounds similar in both cases. My father suffers from bi-polar disorder and is a manic depressive who when I was a child tried to end his life. As a premeditated move I began seeing a therapist for sleep related issues and my own depression. Joey’s ranting is a sign of being off what he’s legally prescribed not that that he’s on something. Being off your meds is far worse than being on too much of them when it comes to speaking and socializing based on my life experience.

I’m sure working two travel schedules is not easy for a marriage. But I also know both Kelly & BJ and their level of professionalism and integrity. I’ve been around BJ as both wrestler and executive he’s overly qualified and under appreciated. No agenda other than putting out a product best for the fans. What has gone on at ROH to Kelly, if that was my wife I’d have been at Greg’s front door. All respect in the world to Joey, Kelly and BJ for keeping this factual. Sadly no need to stretch the tragedy.
I realise this is private matter for them both but with this going on for so long why wasn’t something done sooner? Was it simply the email being a final straw or were there things preventing people to come out and say something?

I think I’m also concerned that wrestlers have just let this go on and just move on rather than actually saying something publicly. Yet there more than happy enough to like tweets in support etc.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Speculating on someone's mental health is a big no-no on the internet. I will delete any future comments on the subject matter.

I am willing to believe that there is at least some sincerity in Jeff and TK's defense of ROH, but keep in mind a somewhat veteran member of the roster just got let go from steering from the company message. I'm sure this week has put a lot of pressures on the wrestlers themselves, including those who've been potentially organizing for better working conditions and for those just wanting to focus on their paid work.
AnHonorableMention

BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:21 am

I realise this is private matter for them both but with this going on for so long why wasn’t something done sooner? Was it simply the email being a final straw or were there things preventing people to come out and say something?

I think I’m also concerned that wrestlers have just let this go on and just move on rather than actually saying something publicly. Yet there more than happy enough to like tweets in support etc.
I can’t answer what the final straw was because it’s not my business. However, in terms of your second paragraph money talks louder than anything else especially in wrestling.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:35 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:21 am

I can’t answer what the final straw was because it’s not my business. However, in terms of your second paragraph money talks louder than anything else especially in wrestling.
Thankfully for some now it doesn’t,

Joey’s just about to get the Marty and Taven crowed involved that will probably ruffle quite a few feathers, or more than he has done.

Seriously this really can’t go on, can it? Gregg at least has to be gone.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Everything going really does scream the last few years of Dixie era TNA. Even if issues are solved and a better overall show becomes the norm, growth will be hindered because there are too many fans who won't return beause Greg, Joe and Delirious are still in charge. While they hindered growth behind the scenes for years now it's too out in he open. They have to go.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:28 pm https://twitter.com/JOEYnRetrograde/sta ... 95040?s=20

I liked this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fucking hell.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The lack of belief shown in talent is frightening, I realise there’s fears involved etc but fuck man. That’s all nuts, pure and simple they have to go, if this is what talent and to some extent Hunter is up against no wonder it’s a shit show.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

At this point mlw njpw and aew is going to completely phase out roh
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:50 pm At this point mlw njpw and aew is going to completely phase out roh
Considering the current attendance numbers it has already happened.