Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm You can't pay everyone the same based on gender. That is the definition of pay discrimination.
No, this is the definition:

Pay or compensation discrimination occurs when employees performing similar work do not receive similar pay. Pay discrimination also occurs when a difference in pay has an unlawful basis such as race or sex.

So by that definition, similar work should be similar pay. As for the second sentence:

I don't know any wrestling company, that the women's division makes the same as the men's. Not saying that's right... but it's kind of like the WNBA players, wanting to be paid like the NBA players, but no one goes to their games.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe that was what kelly wanted in the end...
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

So, as a curious thought... I know that JK and GG should leave ROH. But, I guess I wonder who could replace them that isn't already working for WWE, AEW, Impact, NJPW, or MLW?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Montana wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:11 pm ROH is coming to St. Louis in FEB.
Would have been excited about this in 2017-early 2019.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Montana wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:28 pm
kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:15 pm You can't pay everyone the same based on gender. That is the definition of pay discrimination.

Pay or compensation discrimination occurs when employees performing similar work do not receive similar pay. Pay discrimination also occurs when a difference in pay has an unlawful basis such as race or sex.

So by that definition, similar work should be similar pay. As for the second sentence:

I don't know any wrestling company, that the women's division makes the same as the men's. Not saying that's right... but it's kind of like the WNBA players, wanting to be paid like the NBA players, but no one goes to their games.
To me it is a case for discrimination because like using your WNBA example, It's paying the leading scorer and the 12th woman on the bench the exact same because they are the same gender.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

SandsShifter wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:33 pm So, as a curious thought... I know that JK and GG should leave ROH. But, I guess I wonder who could replace them that isn't already working for WWE, AEW, Impact, NJPW, or MLW?
That's my biggest question. Who could step in and run the company and also handle the corporate side of Sinclair. It's a question that isn't being asked enough. You can't just fire all of management and expect things to be magically fixed.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Was there any more to Vincent turn on Taven other than two backstage faked attacks? It seems like a no brainedr that one of those faked attacks should have resulted in Taven being left alone to face some trio and be totally decimated. Kingdom vs Lifeblood where after a 3 on 1, Haskins pins the former champ in the center of the ring, or Kingdom vs Bouncer & Cobb that turns into a Taven pinball showcase or something along those lines would have been fun in the moment, elevated talent, and given more fuel to the fire for the Vincent/Taven feud.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Regardless of how they got there, I just don't think Vinny is deserving of a singles match at Final Battle. He's one of the poorest workers in the company and Taven and the fans deserve a better opponent.
Montana

Post by Montana »

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:43 pm

To me it is a case for discrimination because like using your WNBA example, It's paying the leading scorer and the 12th woman on the bench the exact same because they are the same gender.
I hear you... it can be a gray area. But that 12th woman can always say I do the same job. Truthfully there is only a couple signed WOH wrestlers. angelina love , with her experience and being well known, technically should be more valuable than a Kelly Klein. Is what it is. Kelly breached her contract... doesn’t matter if she has a point or not.

All I know... everyone wants more money.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

My prediction for tomorrow is they announce a hiring either for backstage or in front of the camera that will give them bad publicity
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Wrestlingisback wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:12 pm So any bets on who, if anyone, stands up at this talent summit tomorrow with a “management goes or I do” stance or does Joe and Greg have the balls to pull a WCW Bischoff and say whoever isn’t happy can leave right now?

And if so, who pulls a Raven?
Nobody and nobody. I’m also very very interested if anyone even goes.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

I don’t know what her final deal said but I imagine pay is always going to be divisive. To be honest from my end I think she wanted the respect she earned from management.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:30 pm maybe that was what kelly wanted in the end...
Not until the garden did I think it was time to shut it down. Kelly’s moment ruined by a nepotistic act. I’d be miserable too
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is it possible Roh hired Eric bischoff and it's announced tomorrow
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Hope it's the return of Cornette. ROH deserves him and vice versa.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

ROH in no way should be paying anyone below a livable wave, doesn’t matter who you are that isn’t right on any level. I understand that there will be a hierarchy in wrestling and there will be this who get paid more than others but they in no way should be paid below that baseline and certainly closer to your other employees.

There are people with enough experience on the wrestling side out there to be able to run a wrestling company. The problem is who would they put in place in of Joe Koff and Gregg, they are obviously the two issues with company more than most and would Sinclair just put two more in there place who act and treat people in exactly the same way.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Anyway I’m done with the company, I’ve reached my point where unless change happens I won’t be coming back. ROH should be more than Joe and Gregg, ROH shouldn’t be in the trash or fade-away because of two or three people are complete fuck ups in their lives as ‘professionals’.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

That what I'm saying Roh right now is stupid enough to hire Eric figuring he the change roh needs but he could make things worse
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:51 pm That what I'm saying Roh right now is stupid enough to hire Eric figuring he the change roh needs but he could make things worse
I think as a boss and considering how small ROH is compared to WCW Eric could manage it absolutely fine. In terms of finding revenue streams and working with a certain budget especially at ROH’s level he shouldn’t find it too difficult he did it with WCW and the budgets were similar plus the active roster is pretty dam good.

It isn’t going to happen though, as seemingly unless legal action is taken or a strong voice is actually presented towards a senior Sinclair individual Joe and Gregg won’t go anywhere.

I do wonder if Kelly has been a victim of the situation with being with BJ etc.
Shanahan

Post by Shanahan »

Lets be real....JK/GG arent going anywhere because no one above them knows or cares about ROH.