Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Is this when I post the cup of coffee and frog? This wasn’t supposed to be out until tomorrow.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:29 pm
classic-cabana wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:26 pm @BJ_Whitmer
Now that the cat is out of the bag. Yes, my wife
@RealKellyKlein
was fired by
@ringofhonor
COO Joe Koff, via email Tuesday evening. Not a phone call, an EMAIL. Kelly is still very much suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome and was fired while still injured.
This is absolutely disgusting.

Kelly has carried that whole joke of a division on her back since it was revived.

Tomorrow Greg, Joe, and Hunter should step down and a public apology should be made to Kelly.
And to Joey as well as BJ
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FUCKING HELL!

FUCK THIS SHIT.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:32 pm
classic-cabana wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:26 pm @BJ_Whitmer
Now that the cat is out of the bag. Yes, my wife
@RealKellyKlein
was fired by
@ringofhonor
COO Joe Koff, via email Tuesday evening. Not a phone call, an EMAIL. Kelly is still very much suffering from Post Concussion Syndrome and was fired while still injured.

Kelly has carried that whole joke of a division on her back since it was revived.

Tomorrow Greg, Joe, and Hunter should step down and a public apology should be made to Kelly.
Sure. I thought it was a mistake to hire Joey in the first place but they still did him dirty.

And Whitmer is a guy who should be one of the decision makers in ROH right now. That man bled ROH and they let him go help the competition.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

They build woh around kelly and now they fired her just like that ?

FUCK THAT SHIT MAN.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Sure. I thought it was a mistake to hire Joey in the first place but they still did him dirty.

And Whitmer is a guy who should be one of the decision makers in ROH right now. That man bled ROH and they let him go help the competition.
It’s not my place to give specifics but the landscape would be very different if ROH had made one very different decision last fall.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:37 pm They build woh around kelly and now they fired her just like that ?

FUCK THAT SHIT MAN.
Hello, in case you had not seen, I’ve been saying things like this for a while. It’s only going to get worse.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

It’s not my place to give specifics but the landscape would be very different if ROH had made one very different decision last fall.
I'm sure at this point airing behind the scenes information is the least thing ROH has to worry about.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:43 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:40 pm

I'm sure at this point airing behind the scenes information is the least thing ROH has to worry about.
It’s a pretty obvious correlation to make. It did not have to be this way.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

RING OF HONOR ON THE BRINK: LIFE AFTER NJPW & THE ELITE

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/ ... the-elite/
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Please let her pull a Madusa on Dynamite...
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I'm fairly close to cancelling all my wrestling subscriptions. NJPW shows have become a chore to get through more often than not and I don't want to support ROH if they're going to treat people like Kelly Klein in this manner.

Never thought I'd see the day when I was more comfortable giving money to Impact than ROH. I haven't spent money on Impact since Jeff Hardy vs Sting.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This is easily the worst a company has lurched into disrepair since TNA was taken off of Spike. Kelly Klein, and moreover the entire women's division, was never beloved, but it's clear to see the pay injustice, lack of safety protocol, and general underserving afforded to ROH women's workers. How spiteful does a management team have to be to let her go--via email, no less--while she's still hurt, while she's their champion, while she's the only semblance of a persistent name of the division, knowing that this contract release in the end will do them that much more PR havoc? ROH's social channel a few weeks ago posted a picture of the roster and non in-ring talent stating that they were a family. Obviously that was bullshit, they are not a family, and this move is an intimidation tactic calculated to keep every else in line and it fucking sucks. Gilleland should resign.
dhads7161 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm Please let her pull a Madusa on Dynamite...
Let's get it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm Please let her pull a Madusa on Dynamite...
Not a good idea to deface another companies intellectual property on the air. There is enough ex-WCW employees in AEW that will quickly nix that idea.
AnHonorableMention

kovs27 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:37 pm
Not a good idea to deface another companies intellectual property on the air. There is enough ex-WCW employees in AEW that will quickly nix that idea.
I doubt this will happen and if it does, it would be one of the best things ever.
Captain Podcast
Montana

Post by Montana »

A few more thoughts....

Pay discrimination.... That's BS.. What do you really think the womens wrestlers in other non-WWE/AEW promotions are making?? Stardom/WOW/Shine/Impact/NWA/CWFH.... ETC... These are not full time career type jobs. So the fact she's only making 24K , ROH didn't put a gun to her head. Everyone wants to get paid more. Hell, add up her matches time in a full year, maybe she worked, 8-10 hours?? That's probably like 750$ per show/match.

The Medusa thing.... Personally i believe everyone should be the bigger man. It's a pretty low class move. Own up to your mistakes, and move on.

Some other news today....

I'm liking ROH running some interference by posting about some reading charity on there website?!? Nice timing, to try and save some face.

ROH is running a Black Friday Sale starting tomorrow... They certainly haven't released much merch this year.

ROH is coming to St. Louis and Nashville in FEB.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

So any bets on who, if anyone, stands up at this talent summit tomorrow with a “management goes or I do” stance or does Joe and Greg have the balls to pull a WCW Bischoff and say whoever isn’t happy can leave right now?

And if so, who pulls a Raven?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

You can't pay everyone the same based on gender. That is the definition of pay discrimination.
Montana

Post by Montana »

ROH's statement on Kelly Klein's situation:

"“We don’t generally discuss personal issues but they seem to have made it public – we didn’t fire [Kelly Klein], we just notified her that we would not be renewing her contract.”"

Here is the original e-mail to kelly:

“Dear Kelly,

“Thank you for your email the other day and I’m glad that you are getting treatment for your injury.

“As you have known over the years in Ring of Honor, we always take any injury very seriously and have supported many through their recoveries.

“That does not change here for your health is of the utmost importance.

“However, there were important things unrelated to your injury that we haven’t really had a chance to discuss, and perhaps we probably should have when you came to Baltimore, but I was more interested in what you had to say.

“What I did not hear though was any remorse for what transpired up to that point. I was really hoping to hear some acknowledgement about wanting to move past the actions that you had taken, that have hurt the company.

The company is firm that pursuant to your contract, section 15 — you have breached out existing agreement sharing confidential documents with another contractor [assumedly Mercury], who used the material to defame and slander the company and one of its key officers, Greg Gilleland. You also used your social media presence to help this contractor’s twitter account gain traction, and to validate his claims, which further your involvement in these actions. This was painful to watch.

“Personally, I have always appreciated the level of open communication we have had with our talent, and the ability to approach Greg or I anytime you had an idea or thoughts to improve any aspect of the company.

“So despite the clear breach of your contract and ethical requirements, I still appreciate the time you have spent with ROH. Therefore, rather than pursue the breach which would terminate our existing agreement right now and enact a 6 month non-compete, I have decided to let your current agreement continue as it is and then expire at the end of the term. Also at this time, we are choosing not to continue with our ongoing negotiations that began in July. We will follow up with written correspondence outlining the same.”
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I hope something positive comes out of tomorrow