Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
alexsmellzzz

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by alexsmellzzz »

That Unauthorized show could actually be one of the better ones of the year.

Hopefully the weird nature of the show will lend itself to an actual fun environment, something rare for ROH nowadays. Usually you get a very forced, corporate, mechanical feel to the shows. This one could be fun, though. PCO/Maff and then Lee/Rush vs Haskins/Williams could both be great. Interested to see how that show turns out.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 am I feel like the M&G stuff used to cost $20 a person anyway and now it's up to $30 and $40 for tag teams. How do they lose all the star power on their roster and then up the price on the meet and greets lol
The prices went up at least last year. When I first started going to shows they were $20 and were for a few years afterwards. When Bullet Club got super popular prices for everyone got bumped up. The current pricing was too much last year, let alone now.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:13 pm
alexsmellzzz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:52 am I feel like the M&G stuff used to cost $20 a person anyway and now it's up to $30 and $40 for tag teams. How do they lose all the star power on their roster and then up the price on the meet and greets lol
The prices went up at least last year. When I first started going to shows they were $20 and were for a few years afterwards. When Bullet Club got super popular prices for everyone got bumped up. The current pricing was too much last year, let alone now.
At the Bolton show only Marty Scurll had a queue. Quite sad seeing everyone else just sat there doing nothing. Even after I got a pic with RUSH, I only noticed one more person go up, and he's the champion!

I'd love to know the reasoning behind the prices. Even at £10 a pic they stand to make more money.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 am Will monster mafia apologize? Or will he have “operational conflict”? https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-m ... an-antonio
i just said to you "please explain", maybe for some more information of the matter no for discredit you or anything else.

Your insult never happened? Did you delete that post too?
Captain Podcast
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

The first time ROH ran the UK they did dedicated M&G ticketed sessions.

Surely they’d gain more by charging a separate ticket cost (say £20/$25) to get you access - rather than sell individual tickets to individual talents, most of whom you can meet for free at literally every other show they work. Let wrestlers meet/sign/talk to/take pictures with whomever they want - sell their own merch as well as ROH merch tables etc.

I get that would be a less sanitised, corporate, conservative experience (and not just ROH’s crappy uninteresting shirt designs would be on sale) - but the wrestlers would get to talk to people and make more money, fans would get access to all the wrestlers, and you don’t have whole portions of the roster standing around like lemons because fans don’t wanna pay £30/$30 to meet Kenny King, Brody King, Mandy Leon or Mark Haskins! At the London show I felt awful for the talent.

Surely the above set up would get a few more people in to interact with wrestlers, buy some 8x10’s, sell some merch etc -
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 am Will monster mafia apologize? Or will he have “operational conflict”? https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-m ... an-antonio
i just said to you "please explain", maybe for some more information of the matter no for discredit you or anything else.

i dont regret it.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The first time I got more than 1 meet and greet you'd give the number of people you wanted and got that many slips. Ever since then it was dedicated. I'd think the wrestlers must get a cut from the M&G's they sell.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Montana wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:56 am I have to imagine low ticket sales has to be reason. The meet and greet is odd, but maybe some of the travel was already paid/non-refundable. Plus build up some good will in Texas. Hopefully this is a wake up call for management.
I guess, but you might as well just take the L and move on. If they really go through with the M&G, you know it'll be poorly attended (maybe not single digit, although I wouldn't be shocked) and that someone will post a video on Twitter or IG or whatever about how pathetic that is and how ROH is on its death bed. Even if they don't openly say it, I'm sure the higher-ups know that ROH is a laughing stock right now and the last thing they need is more bad publicity.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 am I keep hearing by a lot of people working in Roh how there big plans for 2020
Yeah, it does seem odd ROH and or it's wrestlers keep eluding to big plans in 2020. I wonder if they have ideas/plans up their sleeve or just blowing smoke. Here's what im tracking:

* Sinclair has acquired the fox regional stations. ROH to air at midnight on certain regional stations on Sat. starting NOV 8th.

* Joe Koff said that ROH would strive to be live.

* ROH is seemingly offering big money to talent. Reportedly 3x higher than NXT.

To me, this doesn't add up well. Paying big money to certain wrestlers, BARELY selling tickets , wanting to go live. Putting the product on Fox sports channels, but keep it at an obscure time. Even if ROH goes live, can they really sell tickets on a weekly basis without some big changes?? Maybe ROH knows something, that we don't.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 pm
AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:58 pm

i dont regret it.

Exactly my point. Childish responses from someone with no leg to stand on.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Who would put in charge of management and creative if you had to replace the current team and it can't be someone working for another promotion right now
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Here you have my interview with Rush. He talked about some interesting topics, such as CMLL, ROH, AAA, Dragon Lee or LA Park:

- Original in Spanish: https://solowrestling.mundodeportivo.co ... roh-y-njpw

- Translation, via Google Translate: https://translate.google.es/translate?s ... roh-y-njpw
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Excellent interview Alex. Thank you for sharing.
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

Montana wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:27 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:47 am I keep hearing by a lot of people working in Roh how there big plans for 2020
Maybe ROH knows something, that we don't.
To quote Noel Gallagher in the song "Acquiesce" - we need each other and we believe in each other.

And, yes, yes we do know things that are not public. This is not some early 2000s start-up declaration; remember the XWF/WWA and their bold claims? Please do not take it that way. But ROH has always been about measured, calculated incremental change and growth. From what we've been told, there will be things from that perceptive/wave length that will engage fans in different ways in 2020, which is pretty exciting.

That is vague but it has to be - loose lips sink ships. We're very much looking forward to 2020.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Just to go back to the overpriced tickets conversation, Philadelphia's highest ticket is $100. I know it's a smaller venue but still that's just too much in comparison to the competition.

Upon further review front row was only $60. The listing prior to going on sale said $100-20. $60 is far more reasonable.
Montana

Post by Montana »

IanRiccaboni wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:39 am
Montana wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:27 pm
Maybe ROH knows something, that we don't.
ROH has always been about measured, calculated incremental change and growth. From what we've been told, there will be things from that perceptive/wave length that will engage fans in different ways in 2020, which is pretty exciting.

That is vague but it has to be - loose lips sink ships. We're very much looking forward to 2020.
Thanks Ian... I'm intrigued. ROH is in an interesting place, because they can really go in any direction. Don't think anyone would fault them for scaling back a bit in terms of live events. Also i could see the need to expand the visibility and accessibility .

Hopefully the people at the top see the feedback and make the necessary changes.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

Things are happening

JOEY MERCURY GONE FROM RING OF HONOR
By Mike Johnson on 2019-10-31 15:17:00
Joey Mercury 's run with Ring of Honor ended this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Mercury had been overseeing the company's training dojo and was working as a Producer behind the scenes.

We are told that Mercury was removed from his positions this week. He is technically still with the company until the end of a non-compete period.

Mercury joined ROH in May 2018.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I gotta see Bubba removed from power and Delirious either gone entirely or taking a serious demotion.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This is encouraging maybe their bringing in new blood to the team
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Please fire Bubba next.