Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Xias

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Xias »

Trying to imagine how many people will show up for an ROH Meet and Greet with no wrestling show in 2019. Like the maximum number of people has to be in the single digits right? Perversely I kind of want live footage.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

Good work, AnHonorableMention.

Feel bad for the talent obviously.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

rovert1 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:30 am Good work, AnHonorableMention.

Feel bad for the talent obviously.
I did nothing. Just noticed the show was mentioned on air. Dates dropped from the site too. Total guess.

Nobody is rooting for doom, but eventually those in charge need to be removed. No accountability.
Last edited by AnHonorableMention on Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:19 am Will monster mafia apologize? Or will he have “operational conflict”? https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/roh-m ... an-antonio
i just said to you "please explain", maybe for some more information of the matter no for discredit you or anything else.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

low ticket sales i suppose, maybe this is a wake up call for roh and the way they are promoting shows and make people invested in the company.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

They need to slash their prices in half. They charge way to much.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so only 2 shows before final battle, with injuries and this tour cancelled they are really have a rough spot to put that fb card.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They charge like they're still the only reasonable WWE alternative. Like they were before AEW started, before Impact got back on track, before MLW resurfaced, before NJPW expanded to the US, etc.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

This all seems really weird, surely you are still having to pay building booking costs even if you don’t use it, I realise that a cancellation cost could be cheaper, plus they are still flying talent out there for meet and greets. Is talent just too banged up to work and need the rest, or is it more about bringing the full background staff and the costs on that side.

I wonder if this screws up any booking plans and what was going to be set up for Final Battle. 2020 seems to be a real go to go for ROH at the moment in a lot of wrestlers interviews so something must be a foot for them to press it so much.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 8:10 am so only 2 shows before final battle, with injuries and this tour cancelled they are really have a rough spot to put that fb card.
It certainly isn’t going to help matters for anyone.

They really just need the year over with and get everything they’ve been meaning to end out of the way and really carry on the better things they’ve been doing a lot more of recently.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I keep hearing by a lot of people working in Roh how there big plans for 2020
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

They should be making big changes now.... not in 2020.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wondered what made them finally get a uk t.v. deal
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Until ROH makes a change first in creative, then with those in charge, nothing will change. This should be a wake up call, but I doubt it.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am I wondered what made them finally get a uk t.v. deal
They use to be on the same network a while ago. I’m sure they know they need more eyes within the UK, you can’t just have the internet as your only promotional tool. I mean they barely advertise on Sinclair broadcasting, I think this could be where things will change, there will a more conscious effort to help with side of things. That’s at least what I’m semi reading into things.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

All I know is I keep hearing by people in charge and talent that big things are happening and being discussed for next year
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Xias wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:27 am Trying to imagine how many people will show up for an ROH Meet and Greet with no wrestling show in 2019. Like the maximum number of people has to be in the single digits right? Perversely I kind of want live footage.
Yeah, that makes no sense to me. If they really cancelled those shows because of poor sales figures, I kinda doubt a mere meet and greet with the same people who couldn't draw shit in the first place is going to be sought after all of a sudden. Unless it's some weird contractual thing, they'll probably lose more money doing this than just cancelling everything altogether.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I have to imagine low ticket sales has to be reason. The meet and greet is odd, but maybe some of the travel was already paid/non-refundable. Plus build up some good will in Texas. Hopefully this is a wake up call for management.

Yes, big changes are needed, both in management and creative. Look at what aew has been able to do. Study how they market and promote. Study the type of wrestling (flips). Doesn’t seem that hard.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I feel like the M&G stuff used to cost $20 a person anyway and now it's up to $30 and $40 for tag teams. How do they lose all the star power on their roster and then up the price on the meet and greets lol