Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

some ROH Unauthorized matches

PCO vs Dan Maff
Mark Briscoe vs Josh Woods with jay briscoe and silas young doing commentary and also drinking
Jeff Cobb & Jay lethal ( i believe, with luchadors gimmicks ) vs Delirious & a partner
Rush & Dragon Lee Vs Tracy Williams and Mark Haskins

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 0/retweets
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I really like that they are doing this kind of shows with more comedy once a year but also giving 2 great matches like Rush's tag and the PCO-Maff, which could be pretty great.

If you wanna see their first match at WHAT Wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoQ5xuNjmr4

Also, Cabana announced Swoggle.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

PCO vs. Dan Maff
Munoz Dynasty vs. Lifeblood

Okay, you got my attention.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I imagine Maff will have to set the record for time in between ROH matches. Off the top of my head, the longest I can remember was Paul London (almost ten years), this will be over fourteen.

EDIT: Sumie Sakai probably had over ten years between matches.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

maxx_powerz wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:24 pm I imagine Maff will have to set the record for time in between ROH matches. Off the top of my head, the longest I can remember was Paul London (almost ten years), this will be over fourteen.

EDIT: Sumie Sakai probably had over ten years between matches.
Ah, this is really fascinating! I'm pretty sure this stat belongs to Satoshi Kojima (and will still even after Unauthorized) and then Great Muta. Some other notable gaps are Caprice and Omega, who each have about seven or eight year gap between appearances.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It was nine years between Madison Rayne matches in ROH, then they ran her back to Impact.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great to see Maff come back and PCO, should be something else.

No too keen on Hornswoggle, but I get it, it's one of those things. Overall I think they've done really well with the concept, especially tying in actual matches but also with their charachters too. I hope Briscoe doesn't drink too much, that could interesting for a lot of parties......
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:37 am No matter what Meltzer says, Rush's contract with ROH runs until January 2021.
That was my initial understanding when Rush first signed. And it was down to his Visa. Apparently he/they couldn't get a one year Visa. A Trump era type thing.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:55 am
AlexROH wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:37 am No matter what Meltzer says, Rush's contract with ROH runs until January 2021.
That was my initial understanding when Rush first signed. And it was down to his Visa. Apparently he/they couldn't get a one year Visa. A Trump era type thing.
What do you mean? If he has a contract until 2021 he should have a Visa for that time too, shoudln't he?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:25 am
rovert1 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:55 am
What do you mean? If he has a contract until 2021 he should have a Visa for that time too, shoudln't he?
I think he is saying he thought it was a two year deal because RUSH had a visa that ran for two years, but in reality he actually has a one year contract but a two year visa. Though RUSH has confirmed himself he has a two year contract unless hes confused about the situation too.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

DELIRIOUS, MINI DELIRIOUS TANGLE WITH MYSTERIOUS LUCHADORS JÉFE COBBO, EL LETHÁL AT UNAUTHORIZED
Colt Cabana is pulling out all the stops to make ROH Unauthorized: “Hanukkah Comes Early” an unforgettable night of entertainment on Nov. 3 in Columbus, Ohio.

To that end, Cabana — who is serving as host and matchmaker of the show — is bringing in the mysterious luchador tag team of Jéfe Cobbo and El Lethál to take on Delirious and Mini Delirious. The loser of the match will have to unmask.

Delirious has been competing in ROH off and on since 2004, but this match will mark the debut of Mini Delirious. Who knew The Edge of Sanity had more residents than just Delirious?

It also will be the official ROH debuts of El Jéfe Cobb and El Lethál. Very little is known about either of them, but it’s rumored that they were trained by legendary luchadors Nacho and Esqueleto.

Whose identity will be revealed in this unique attraction? Join us live in person or streaming for HonorClub to find out!
Yikes
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to dave roh will start airing on some of rsns next month while getting a small cut of the ad revenue
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:18 pm
DELIRIOUS, MINI DELIRIOUS TANGLE WITH MYSTERIOUS LUCHADORS JÉFE COBBO, EL LETHÁL AT UNAUTHORIZED
Colt Cabana is pulling out all the stops to make ROH Unauthorized: “Hanukkah Comes Early” an unforgettable night of entertainment on Nov. 3 in Columbus, Ohio.

To that end, Cabana — who is serving as host and matchmaker of the show — is bringing in the mysterious luchador tag team of Jéfe Cobbo and El Lethál to take on Delirious and Mini Delirious. The loser of the match will have to unmask.

Delirious has been competing in ROH off and on since 2004, but this match will mark the debut of Mini Delirious. Who knew The Edge of Sanity had more residents than just Delirious?

It also will be the official ROH debuts of El Jéfe Cobb and El Lethál. Very little is known about either of them, but it’s rumored that they were trained by legendary luchadors Nacho and Esqueleto.

Whose identity will be revealed in this unique attraction? Join us live in person or streaming for HonorClub to find out!
Yikes
These shows are always ridiculous that’s the idea
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

WON on ROH: They are looking at bringing in Tam Nakano from Stardom.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

P. sure Texas shows aren’t happening
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

please explain.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:04 am please explain.
What is so hard to understand?
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:22 am
Perhaps he would like to know why you are pretty sure they aren't happening and from where you deduced this likelihood?

It's a stretch, I know.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

You are such a dumbbass..
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:34 am
Perhaps he would like to know why you are pretty sure they aren't happening and from where you deduced this likelihood?

It's a stretch, I know.
Yeah..but forget it