Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Impact signed rd evans for their creative I wanted him and jimmy on Roh creative
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Bushiroad, the parent company of NJPW, has acquired STARDOM.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Jordynne Grace is trying to get Maria manic in impact even roh is trying to sign her still to a longer contract
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:44 pm Bushiroad, the parent company of NJPW, has acquired STARDOM.
I don't watch but Stardom champion is AEW roster.
6 months from MSG no doubt it was last stardom in ROH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Bushiroad will probably keep the matter of course when it comes to Stardom's cross-promotional relations. It may be that the AEW/Stardom relationship accelerates things as they become promotions of more similar size, but I still don't know if that would necessarily exclude ROH's women's division. But I don't think Stardom sees any potential reason to work with ROH at this point other than pro forma booking to keep the relationship alive.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Considering the sorry state that WoH is in I don't really see what Stardom would really get from working with RoH now.

Edit: What I mean by that is that they don't really have anyone to work with in RoH so they'd basically have to send 4 people to wrestle with each other on RoH shows? Sounds pointless.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thats sad because girls like mayu were really happy to work with roh and perform in msg

stardom now have the power to put shows in the usa without help of anybody.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 61184?s=21

Isn't it a bit unusual to do this for free? And this is when Marty's contract is supposed to end, no?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Lynx wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:13 am https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 61184?s=21

Isn't it a bit unusual to do this for free? And this is when Marty's contract is supposed to end, no?
Ticket sales haven't been the rosiest on their own lately.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Pco did a interview with wrestling inc before last week show and said roh with sinclair help is working on some things he can't talk about but it will surprise some people and big things are planned for Roh next year
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It's nice to hear there are plans for 2020 and there have obviously been discussions with talent regarding it, hopefully it means great investment and a serious nature taken to equiring talent plus a much more focused and modern approach taken to production, media and structure within the company.

I do wonder why he mentioned lawyers though, unless it was a call back to what happened with MSG.

This may all be talk I have no idea, but there is one that is coming across in the talent interviews and that's actually passion and a desire too make ROH a much talked about wrestling company again but this time for the right reasons. Hopefully everything that PCO is alluding too pays off and we will see better and bigger things, quite honestly all I need is the Bouncers and Bully Ray off my screen and I'll be happy but if I get that plus a lot more then I will really enjoy the product, because right now they are close to either being garbage or fantastic and I just can't take the Seesawing from one to the other.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

MLW just officially announced a women's division.

I give it a month before it's better than WOH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Voices of Wrestling have just come together to provide their optimal booking for ROH's The Experience:

Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom
The Briscoes vs. Master & Machine
Jonathan Gresham vs. Mark Haskins 2 Out Of 3 Falls
Flip Gordon vs. Tracy Williams Last Man Standing
RUSH & Dalton Castle vs. Jay Lethal & Matt Taven
Villain Enterprises vs. "Kingpin" Brian Milonas, "Double Duty" Eli Isom, & "Reap What You Sow" Delirious
https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/votin ... experience
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wilson wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am Voices of Wrestling have just come together to provide their optimal booking for ROH's The Experience:

Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom
Jonathan Gresham vs. Tracy Williams Last Man Standing
Villain Enterprises vs. "Kingpin" Brian Milonas, "Double Duty" Eli Isom, & "Reap What You Sow" Delirious
Wow, people mocking on roh..surprising
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Wilson wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 am Voices of Wrestling have just come together to provide their optimal booking for ROH's The Experience:

Dragon Lee vs. Eli Isom
Jonathan Gresham vs. Tracy Williams Last Man Standing
VOW doing this isn’t surprising and yes I realise ROH makes really stupid mistakes but this just feels so petty and lame. If your going shit on something at least do it constructively.

Also Tracey Williams isn’t facing Gresham and as far as I know there isn’t that option for Greshams match only Flips which considering their feud it works. Also that’s such a shitty thing to do for Eli, who, considering is only a year in, is better than most and deserves better understanding from a wrestling site like VOW. They are what they are though.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Isom and Nova need to ditch Burger and either go solo separately or become a serious tag team.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I really didn't think posting memes of a careless and inconsequential show would be so controversial, though I guess that's the deal when referencing VOW (who I'm not generally high on myself). The format is bad and the show looks bad because of it. The wrestlers and the fans deserve better. Gotta bury it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Eck's Files:

* The first two entrants in next month’s Survival of the Fittest tag team tournament have been announced by ROH officials.

ROH World Champion RUSH will team with his brother Dragon Lee, and the recently reunited tandem of Jay Lethal and Jonathan Gresham will also compete in the tournament, which features tag teams for the first time in the event’s history. The winning team will receive a future shot at the ROH World Tag Team Championship (currently held by Jay and Mark Briscoe).

Survival of the Fittest begins on Nov. 9 in Dallas and concludes on Nov. 10 in San Antonio.

In addition to the two aforementioned teams, I’m told that a debuting team is also entered in the tournament. Keep it locked onto ROHWrestling.com and ROH social media for more announcements regarding the tournament participants.

* Not only will Colt Cabana be the host of ROH Unauthorized, he’ll also be the matchmaker for the show, which is titled “Hanukkah Comes Early.”

Cabana is putting together “eight crazy matches” for the event, which takes place on Nov. 3 in Columbus, Ohio. Cabana will begin announcing matches for the show next week.

* I’ve done some digging on Shane Taylor Promotions and learned that the enterprise is backed by an unidentified wealthy entrepreneur.

STP recently purchased time on ROH programming to air a promotional video of ROH World Television Champion Shane Taylor, who is not under contract with ROH. STP also funded Taylor’s trip to the UK for the upcoming Honor United tour (Oct. 25-27).

* Speaking of voting, fans in Pittsburgh may have an opportunity to vote for the name of the tag team of “the Last Real Man in Pro Wrestling” Silas Young and Josh “The Goods” Woods.

ROH’s odd couple was discussing possible names recently -- I liked Josh’s suggestion of Real Goods, but sourpuss Silas shot it down -- when Woods said they should let the fans decide. Young, who was tired of discussing the subject, agreed.

ROH officials are considering letting the fans at The Experience choose the team name through a vote.

* Ultimo Guerrero will appear at The Experience. The CMLL legend will compete in a Four Corner Survival Match against three of the following competitors: PJ Black, Jeff Cobb, Eli Isom and Kenny King. Fan voting will determine which of those four faces Dragon Lee that night; the other three will participate in the fourway with Guerrero.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/first ... trepreneur
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wilson wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:28 am I really didn't think posting memes of a careless and inconsequential show would be so controversial, though I guess that's the deal when referencing VOW (who I'm not generally high on myself). The format is bad and the show looks bad because of it. The wrestlers and the fans deserve better. Gotta bury it.
i disagree i think the format is fine and people have options to create some really good matches, but for twitter everything that roh does sucks so nevermind.