Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:37 am
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:27 pm It’s a shame also Matt Lancie isn’t getting the singles match, much the better wrestler. Either way hopefully they both impress.
Is he good?
I think he has talent, his basics are more than solid and he’s got a good ish size etc to him. He’s the type of guy that should really develop in ROH if he starts from the ground. He’s the type you would want in the top prospect tournament and you would think yeah he’s got something just as a pro, reminds of someone like Ray Rowe, Hanson level.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Montana wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:11 am Not the first time saying this... but ROH is really dropping the ball in marketing themselves on YouTube and social media.

What has ROH done this week to promote glory by honor? Nothing on YouTube, nothing on their website. Can they honestly be surprised if attendance is down and viewership?

Agree 100% with Wilson on aew. HonorClub May struggle with in the future with so much quality wrestling for free on tv.
And the change in television format doesn't really help either. It doesn't do much to hype up potential matches and the highlights-based format doesn't really allow them to attract prospective new audiences because some will tune out due to the lack of full matches.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:11 pm Eck's Files

* The highly controversial Bully Ray also will be in attendance at Glory By Honor. What he has planned is anyone’s guess. Like the proverbial bad penny, Bully resurfaced at Death Before Dishonor, where his heinous behavior was again on display.
Yay, that should draw the fans in. :(
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

According to the latest news, CMLL is forcing promotions not to use Rush and Dragon Lee if they want to book CMLL talent

FUCK CMLL
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

My understanding is that some of the old guard came back in and took power away from the forward-thinking Sofia Alonso, daughter of the late Paco.

CMLL did what it always does when times are tough: dig back into their set ways. It's extremely frustrating but it's also part of why they're the world's oldest wrestling promotion.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

LuchaBlog and Rob Viper have given good insight into what's happening and happened in CMLL for RUSH to leave.

A lot of is centred around one person in particuler who isn't really too interested in wrestling as a whole more the money coming in. It's why certain wrestlers are still around when they clearly shouldn't be and names that have been overused. If people thought ROH was a mess CMLL is a whole different thing all together.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

And just remember, what CMLL calls its most chaotic day in history, AAA calls "Tuesday"
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:15 pm And just remember, what CMLL calls its most chaotic day in history, AAA calls "Tuesday"
You are VERY wrong, sir, AAA calls it "martes" because Spanish, you know.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Not if Vampiro is running AAA (he's not anymore, but still).

The guy speaks like 5 languages, none of them close to fluently.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Spoiler: show
Final Battle Main Event is set: Rush vs. PCO
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:46 pm
Ay ay ay, ROH.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:46 pm
This is terrible
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I'm all for this. You guys will shit on anything if it doesn't involve giving Marty Scurll the belt. I'd take PCO a thousand times over Marty Scurll. PCO-RUSH sounds like a banger. Wish they were doing it at the Hammerstein.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
indyfan

Post by indyfan »

Mike Adamle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 am I'm all for this. You guys will shit on anything if it doesn't involve giving Marty Scurll the belt. I'd take PCO a thousand times over Marty Scurll. PCO-RUSH sounds like a banger. Wish they were doing it at the Hammerstein.
PCO really hasnt had a banger in singles in ROH. Marty has. ROH is doing everything against what the fans actually want. I guess Scurll will be AEW bound afterall. I hope im wrong.

You know whats crazy..... theres not even a discussion going on in the glory by honor thread on a ROH fan forum. Look i love ROH and always will, but christ its like they dont care at all about their fanbase
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

indyfan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:17 am
Mike Adamle wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:31 am I'm all for this. You guys will shit on anything if it doesn't involve giving Marty Scurll the belt. I'd take PCO a thousand times over Marty Scurll. PCO-RUSH sounds like a banger. Wish they were doing it at the Hammerstein.
PCO really hasnt had a banger in singles in ROH. Marty has. ROH is doing everything against what the fans actually want. I guess Scurll will be AEW bound afterall. I hope im wrong.

You know whats crazy..... theres not even a discussion going on in the glory by honor thread on a ROH fan forum. Look i love ROH and always will, but christ its like they dont care at all about their fanbase
Has PCO really had the opportunity to have a banger in ROH? His one world title match with Matt Taven was pretty well received from what I remember.

I'm excited for this. Really hope PCO can get a world title run in. He's earned it with this run.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

well, at least they have 2 moths to create some really buzz for the main event.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:30 pm I spent some time thinking about who I want to win the number one contender's tournament and decided to rank them, curious of everyone else's. My rankings assume Rush wins at DBD and retains at Final Battle.

1) Marty. Since it's far from a sure thing he'll still be here, I'd love for him to agree to stay thru the end of the year for one more title shot. He's the most over wrestler in the tournament and you don't have to worry about protecting him in defeat assuming he's not staying long term.
2) Lethal. The other guy in the tournament who is over as a main event guy no matter what. Match hasn't happened a bunch already like it has with the other former champion in the bracket.
3) PCO. This is subjective, but I feel like he is the only "new guy" in the tournament who would benefit more from being in the main event than he would be hurt by losing. Plus he's physically imposing enough that it would look good for Rush even if PCO hasn't been presented as a main event guy consistently.
4) Haskins. He's already challenged Lethal and Taven for the belt, so a loss here wouldn't hurt him exactly, but I don't think it would do much for Rush either.
5) Bandido. I don't expect Rush to lose here, and I don't think the crowd will either. If you have him signed for next year, build towards this for the anniversary show or Best in the World.
6) Castle. We've seen enough of Rush & Castle imo.
7) Cabana. He shouldn't be anywhere near the main event of Final Battle, but I'd be interested at Rush versus Colt somewhere down the line, maybe next time ROH is in Chicago.
8) King. I don't hate Kenny on anything, but anything above the TV title is beyond his level.
I'm ok with PCO, obviously Marty would have been better because it would mean he would be booked for Final Battle, which I sort of doubt will happen now.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I think PCO winning the tournament pretty much confirms that Scurll.is gone when his contract is up.
Montana

Post by Montana »

The other thing to think about, maybe ROH pegged Bandido to win originally, and they had to come up with another plan.

I'm sure Marty is weighing his options, and has some good offers on the table. I assume a final decision hasn't been made yet.. but probably leaning one way or another.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Put bandido when he returns and make a triple threat!
Last edited by monster mafia on Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.