Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I do like their looking at new talent
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Luke was good when he was Altar Boy Luke back in the day doing crazy stuff in XPW. Now he’s big but doesn’t really do much. Hard for me to see it being a good match.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Don't most promoters use Luke Hawx's license when they run NOLA. Thought I read somewhere that that was the case for several of the independents on WM weekend in 2018.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I really hope the slow burn between Gresham and Lethal pays off, but I'm just not feeling it. One of my favorite storylines in ECW was the Lance Storm/ Chris Candido angle (which later included Rob Van Dam and Sabu). It​ was a perfectly executed storyline with an excellent payoff. I wish Lethal and Gresham would have something similar to work with. Hot shot the tag team titles on them to keep the slow burn building. I have a feeling based on the past several years that this will end up no different than the 2 fucking other times Cheeseburger had his partners turn on him. Gresham will wind up jobbing out to Lethal and then fall back into mid-card purgatory.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

dhads7161 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:17 am Don't most promoters use Luke Hawx's license when they run NOLA. Thought I read somewhere that that was the case for several of the independents on WM weekend in 2018.
correct
Captain Podcast
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:58 pm
dhads7161 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:17 am Don't most promoters use Luke Hawx's license when they run NOLA. Thought I read somewhere that that was the case for several of the independents on WM weekend in 2018.
correct
So assuming ROH is doing the same for this show. Probably have him booked as a favor.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:36 pm I really hope the slow burn between Gresham and Lethal pays off, but I'm just not feeling it. One of my favorite storylines in ECW was the Lance Storm/ Chris Candido angle (which later included Rob Van Dam and Sabu). It​ was a perfectly executed storyline with an excellent payoff. I wish Lethal and Gresham would have something similar to work with. Hot shot the tag team titles on them to keep the slow burn building. I have a feeling based on the past several years that this will end up no different than the 2 fucking other times Cheeseburger had his partners turn on him. Gresham will wind up jobbing out to Lethal and then fall back into mid-card purgatory.
And end Briscoes run that has so far been one of the best things in RoH this year?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I hope the Briscoes win the CMLL World Tag Team titles. They are missing lucha titles on their resume:
11X ROH World Tag Team Champions
2X ROH World Champion (Jay)
1X ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions
1X IWGP Tag Team Champions
2X NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions
1X GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions

They've won tag titles, trios titles, heavyweight tag titles, junior heavyweight tag titles, American titles, Japanese titles.

It's too bad they're in AEW/AAA, because I would pay good money for an extended Briscoes vs Lucha Brothers feud.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

One of them needs the TV title too.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

famicommander wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:30 am I hope the Briscoes win the CMLL World Tag Team titles. They are missing lucha titles on their resume:
11X ROH World Tag Team Champions
2X ROH World Champion (Jay)
1X ROH World Six Man Tag Team Champions
1X IWGP Tag Team Champions
2X NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Champions
1X GHC Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions

They've won tag titles, trios titles, heavyweight tag titles, junior heavyweight tag titles, American titles, Japanese titles.

It's too bad they're in AEW/AAA, because I would pay good money for an extended Briscoes vs Lucha Brothers feud.
I think the Briscoes like being with ROH. But as a fan, I'd love to see them take on SO many tag teams. They're pretty much stuck on an island of crap being with Ring of Honor. Thankfully they wrestle a lot of non-ROH teams, like GOD, etc. But yeah, the indies are full of teams that would be great opponents for the Briscoes. Would be cool to see them take on AEW teams, Impact teams, etc.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The Briscoes really are a treasure and I feel like ROH fans have begun to take them for granted. They've been around so long they're like furniture, but there's no context in which it's possible they have a bad match. Anywhere on the card, anywhere in the world, in any type of match, any night of the year, against any opponent.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The Tag team division needs a huge injection of talent, it's just about hanging by a thread through The Briscoes, LifeBlood, Lethal and Gresham, and thankfully G.O.D coming in and putting on the best matches of their careers.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ring of Honor Wrestling and Shane Taylor have agreed to terms on a buyout of his contract, effective immediately.

ROH is currently in negotiations with Taylor for him to make his advertised defense of the ROH World Television Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams in a Triple Threat Match.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/offic ... sion-title
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This is interesting I must say
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I wish it was real. Lol.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:35 am Ring of Honor Wrestling and Shane Taylor have agreed to terms on a buyout of his contract, effective immediately.

ROH is currently in negotiations with Taylor for him to make his advertised defense of the ROH World Television Title at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Sept. 27 in Las Vegas against Flip Gordon and Tracy Williams in a Triple Threat Match.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/offic ... sion-title
Hm. I was hoping that this would be the lead in to the match getting cut so that the main and semi-main both end up getting an extra seven minutes or so. Paring back the card definitely helped the anniversary show this year. Also, the triple threat match has always looked awkward to me on paper, especially with Flip still working hurt.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It looks like aaa is coming to axs I swear it feels at this point roh Is going to get left behind because at least a lot of promotions are making moves I just hope we get announcement about more Roh programming on stadium or those fox channels
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Invading NY AAA show is airing on AXS this Friday....thats the only announcement so far.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AAA Invading NY will air on AXS TV this Friday at 7 pm. The press release mentions the four advertised matches. Not sure if that means just those four, or if they just didn’t know the other matches when they wrote the press release. I would assume this is the Hugo/Striker version of the show. AAA’s relationship with Impact, whose parent company also owns AXS, is probably the reason this is happening. AXS currently airs NJPW, Women of Wrestling and will be adding Impact in October. They seem to be dropping a lot of their original programming, especially on the MMA side, so there may be an opening for affordable programming. AAA’s got English language programming from every taping that currently isn’t really being used. This could be just one show (or two shows with the LA one), but it could turn into more.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

So their going to go with Shane Taylor promotions vs ring of honor feud it seems