Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:58 am . , ; : ? !

Just putting those out here for no particular reason.
I appreciated this randomness.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:19 pm good news by the way.

https://twitter.com/TheJonGresham/statu ... 8052319235
What's he gonna say? He trains the kids there. Is he gonna bury them?
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:26 pm

oh man thanks...you are so smart.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I hope it's the case, if it isn't we will soon find out through Future of Honor shows and Youtube matches.
AnHonorableMention

monster mafia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:35 pm

I mean really, Gresham is a hell of a talent but the FOH guys are generally pretty awful based on what we’ve seen from the top prospect tourney. It came off rather defensive and comical.
Captain Podcast
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am

I mean really, Gresham is a hell of a talent but the FOH guys are generally pretty awful based on what we’ve seen from the top prospect tourney. It came off rather defensive and comical.
Yeah, they stink. Top Prospect Tournament has been a joke the last few years. It's just something they do nowadays to fill time. I've seen a bunch of Josh Woods matches, he's still pretty bad. They should retire the concept already, rather than put those terrible matches out on shows. Nobody wants to see those guys. Go back to getting regional indie guys and having them fill the spots on shows.

Imagine if you were watching ROH with a friend who hadn't seen much wrestling, and a Top Prospect Tournament match came on. How would you even defend something like that? It's just bad.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If you don't have a certain experience or skill level you shouldn't even be invited to be part of FOH. I can name 10 guys who are based in my region that are head and shoulders better than most of these bums that are part of Future of Honor.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Is 14 years, where Rhett Titus is your biggest success, enough time to call the academy / dojo a flat out scam?

Also, I really miss when ROH used regional guys. And it was pretty successful for ROH. Delirious, Matt Sydal, Eddie Edwards, Elgin, Silas, Bobby Fish, etc. all started as regional guys, probably some more that I am forgetting. But no money to be made off rubes that way so *shrug*
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

A impact insider is saying anthem in the early stages of talking with sinclair to buy roh
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

I spent some time thinking about who I want to win the number one contender's tournament and decided to rank them, curious of everyone else's. My rankings assume Rush wins at DBD and retains at Final Battle.

1) Marty. Since it's far from a sure thing he'll still be here, I'd love for him to agree to stay thru the end of the year for one more title shot. He's the most over wrestler in the tournament and you don't have to worry about protecting him in defeat assuming he's not staying long term.
2) Lethal. The other guy in the tournament who is over as a main event guy no matter what. Match hasn't happened a bunch already like it has with the other former champion in the bracket.
3) PCO. This is subjective, but I feel like he is the only "new guy" in the tournament who would benefit more from being in the main event than he would be hurt by losing. Plus he's physically imposing enough that it would look good for Rush even if PCO hasn't been presented as a main event guy consistently.
4) Haskins. He's already challenged Lethal and Taven for the belt, so a loss here wouldn't hurt him exactly, but I don't think it would do much for Rush either.
5) Bandido. I don't expect Rush to lose here, and I don't think the crowd will either. If you have him signed for next year, build towards this for the anniversary show or Best in the World.
6) Castle. We've seen enough of Rush & Castle imo.
7) Cabana. He shouldn't be anywhere near the main event of Final Battle, but I'd be interested at Rush versus Colt somewhere down the line, maybe next time ROH is in Chicago.
8) King. I don't hate Kenny on anything, but anything above the TV title is beyond his level.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:03 pm Is 14 years, where Rhett Titus is your biggest success, enough time to call the academy / dojo a flat out scam?

Also, I really miss when ROH used regional guys. And it was pretty successful for ROH. Delirious, Matt Sydal, Eddie Edwards, Elgin, Silas, Bobby Fish, etc. all started as regional guys, probably some more that I am forgetting. But no money to be made off rubes that way so *shrug*
Yeah, ROH is about as carny as it gets at this point. It's sad. Used to be no-frills, best wrestling around. Now it's like a weird WWE-lite promotion that at the same time doesn't seem to have much of an identity at all. Now you'll see better wrestling out of pretty much every OTHER promotion.. lol. Funny how that works.
AnHonorableMention

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:05 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:13 am

Yeah, they stink. Top Prospect Tournament has been a joke the last few years. It's just something they do nowadays to fill time. I've seen a bunch of Josh Woods matches, he's still pretty bad. They should retire the concept already, rather than put those terrible matches out on shows. Nobody wants to see those guys. Go back to getting regional indie guys and having them fill the spots on shows.

Imagine if you were watching ROH with a friend who hadn't seen much wrestling, and a Top Prospect Tournament match came on. How would you even defend something like that? It's just bad.
I do have hopes for Draper and Gunn. However, those hopes are very minimal pending creative changes(which will never happen). Everyone else is very green, and I don't think they have any future.
Captain Podcast
AnHonorableMention

maxx_powerz wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:03 pm Is 14 years, where Rhett Titus is your biggest success, enough time to call the academy / dojo a flat out scam?

Lots more! Rhett and Jake Something are ROH grads. I think both are pretty great, friendship with Rhett aside. If he had better creative he'd have been in NXT by now.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

This one for anhonorablemention do you think sinclair would be open to listening to anthem or anyone that wanted to buy roh and if so would they sell since there a impact insider claiming anthem approached sinclair to buy roh and that sinclair actually listening to anthem
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:18 pm This one for anhonorablemention do you think sinclair would be open to listening to anthem or anyone that wanted to buy roh and if so would they sell since there a impact insider claiming anthem approached sinclair to buy roh and that sinclair actually listening to anthem
Amongst that jumbled mess of question, there's not one legit source reporting a word of what you've said/guessed/speculated/made up. I think that answers your question.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

I’ve no doubt Anthem will look into ROH at some point, but they got bigger fish to fry getting their currently owned promotion stable in its new home. Now, if the ROH ticket sale struggles continue through Final Battle, it might be a subject to take serious in 2020.
Hopefully, ROH turns things around prior to that
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well that rumor is making rounds on social media so hopefully it will either get confirmed or denied by more people but even the ceo of anthem said they wasn't stopping at buying axs and anthem was looking at other opportunities to buy or produce more original content
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Impact isn't doing good and now RoH is struggling, I don't really understand what good would come out of trying to own both brands. And Sinclair probably would ask for RoH way more than it is worth.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

We can hear 5TIME! 5TIME! 5TIME ROH Champion at Impact ?
(Nobody did that and I don't know who in ROH can Spin-a-Roonie)