Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:16 am Ok even Dave said it's a possibly so it's out there and I'm not making it up
you always making up everything.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Anthem buys AXS TV: Wrestling Observer Radio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxaUj3rC4tg
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

He said it's a possibly for anthem to influence njpw to partner impact axs and other people online have suggested I think it was rovert or trevor dome that anthem could force njpw to keep their t.v. presence and given that roh wants nothing to do with impact njpw would be forced to drop roh in favor of keeping their t.v. deal if njpw didn't have anywhere else to go
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 pm I have given up on creative being changed because until delirious gives up the position himself he not losing that role
I have too. Delirious has been booker longer than, Gabe and Pearce combined. He isn't going anywhere for some unknown reason. I hear he is close to Koff. Ok, but ROH needs a fresh coat of paint. The decision makers don't see it and sure aren't listening to the fans any more. Don't expect a change any time soon.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I think Dave was speculating rather than reporting. I doubt much changes because of this. AXS will want to keep New Japan happy especially if they put Impact on the same night.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Captain_44 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:39 pm I have given up on creative being changed because until delirious gives up the position himself he not losing that role
I have too. Delirious has been booker longer than, Gabe and Pearce combined. He isn't going anywhere for some unknown reason. I hear he is close to Koff. Ok, but ROH needs a fresh coat of paint. The decision makers don't see it and sure aren't listening to the fans any more. Don't expect a change any time soon.
At this stage I think there would be more interest in ROH the moment a Delirious being removed from booking was announced. It almost wouldn't matter who would be put in charge. Now say they were able to get Jimmy Jacobs in role and I think even more positive buzz would be built.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Especially because njpw one of the top rated shows on there I would be curious to see if njpw out draws impact on there
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

. , ; : ? !

Just putting those out here for no particular reason.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

NJPW already airs on Anthem's Fight Network so I figure if they really could pressure NJPW into forming partnership then it would have already happened.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:57 am
Captain_44 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:53 am
At this stage I think there would be more interest in ROH the moment a Delirious being removed from booking was announced. It almost wouldn't matter who would be put in charge. Now say they were able to get Jimmy Jacobs in role and I think even more positive buzz would be built.
More on this specific topic being possible on the 9/17 episode of An Honorable Mention when Jimmy Jacobs joins us
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

He is still with TNA?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

monster mafia wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:15 am He is still with TNA?
Yes. Still behind the scenes and he’s been doing interviews on screen lately.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Rd evans and Jimmy Jacob would be good for the roh creative team
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Why haven't ROH management petitioned Sinclair to get NJPW on their channels to make a wrestling block for instance? Good idea i think.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's already starting i think of njpw ends up on one of sinclair networks it would make Roh and njpw relationship stronger
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

I'm sure New Japan would love to have their show air in the middle of the night on nine billion local channels instead of 9pm on a relatively big national channel.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Thelone wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:01 pm I'm sure New Japan would love to have their show air in the middle of the night on nine billion local channels instead of 9pm on a relatively big national channel.
The numbers NJPW touts for their show are usually in the 200-300K per week range, which is considerably less than the ROH viewership the last time anybody bothered to check their Nielsen syndicated ratings (which was, admittedly, in May 2015 but it's hard to imagine ROH's viewership has declined much if at all since then). ROH was in an average of over 350K households per week back then, which translated to maybe 450-500K individual viewers not including online/DVR viewers.

You have to figure between the newer Sinclair local channels, Stadium, Charge, Honor Club, and FITE TV they're doing considerably more than that right now.

AXS would be nice to have in addition to ROH's current syndicated footprint but not instead of it. It's a tiny network still. We have to take AXS's press releases at their word for viewership because they're too small for Nielsen to even track.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I heard say bruiser wants to become a trainer for the dojo