Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

ROH has to offer top-billing star money to Marty, which i'm sure they are. They'll put him in a position to lead the company. Free Agents are going to be tough to come by, and ROH needs to do what it can to keep talent from leaving. I know WWE/AEW won't have a main event role for Marty, at least not right off the bat. Plus maybe he wants to check the box as ROH champ. Could be wishful thinking.... but it's entirely possible Marty is closer with guys like Haskins/Hendry, and i know he asked ROH to bring in Brody in PCO. Who knows. (or maybe Hendry was bought in to replace like a Scrull or Castle)
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to that villain enterprises series flip no longer in the group
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think its a joke for the show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Royce Prophet and Thomas Latimer defeated PCO and Brody King to become the new NWA Tag Team Champions at the Ring of Honor event in Chicago.

The title change was necessiatated by the end of the NWA-ROH working relationship and the NWA needing to have control of the Tag belts leading into their first TV tapings in Atlanta.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They are setting coast 2 coast is taking advice from kenny king
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

It may all be for nothing from ROH's side, I guess it will depend on how Marty feels about being king of a mountain and his group as a headline act or if AEW will play down his role which might not even be the case and he comes in straight away as a top guy. AEW could be offering something that ROH cannot match money wise regardless of how connected I'm sure he feels to the rest of the group. I would guess ROH is going to have come up with something from 400,000 to top six figures if they ever have a hope of persuading him.

If Rovert is right and the salary budget has increased and ROH do end up keeping a lot of their new stars they have a hope of building something strong again.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Just watched this week's televised show. I haven't caught the last few and know there's a new format. Hopefully this was mostly a clip show or something, because I thought it was quite bad. The show used to primarily be wrestling with little to no backstage segments or interviews. The first half of this show was all clips, interviews, and backstage segments (which weren't good).
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

BurningHammer wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:32 am It may all be for nothing from ROH's side, I guess it will depend on how Marty feels about being king of a mountain and his group as a headline act or if AEW will play down his role which might not even be the case and he comes in straight away as a top guy. AEW could be offering something that ROH cannot match money wise regardless of how connected I'm sure he feels to the rest of the group. I would guess ROH is going to have come up with something from 400,000 to top six figures if they ever have a hope of persuading him.

If Rovert is right and the salary budget has increased and ROH do end up keeping a lot of their new stars they have a hope of building something strong again.
They have zero chance of rebuilding until creative is changed completely.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I have given up on creative being changed because until delirious gives up the position himself he not losing that role
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Jeff Cobb will compete for the ROH World Championship on ROH’s Honor United UK tour stop in Bolton on Oct. 27. The announcement was made during last night’s broadcast of Global Wars Espectacular from Milwaukee live on Honor Club.

Cobb earned the title opportunity by winning a Defy or Deny match two weeks ago at Honor For All in Nashville, Tenn. He will face the winner of the upcoming match between reigning ROH World Champion Matt Taven and RUSH, which headlines the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view in Las Vegas on Sept. 27.

This will be Cobb’s second shot at the ROH World Title. Cobb unsuccessfully challenged Taven at Best in the World in Baltimore on June 28. That remains Cobb’s only loss in singles competition in ROH since signing with the company a year ago.

Will the second time be the charm for “The Hawaiian Juggernaut?”
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I thought Rush vs. Cobb was going to be the main event of Glory By Honor, and now I'm watching it live in Bolton next month. Great newsss!!
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It looks like njpw might be forced to drop a partnership with roh to keep a us t.v. presence in the states on axs
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

NJPW will probably leave AXS TV
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Do you think they would have another channel lined up or do they buy a channel and put it on there
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:25 am It looks like njpw might be forced to drop a partnership with roh to keep a us t.v. presence in the states on axs
Ok...why?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The rumors so take it for what it's worth anthem wants impact to be their us partner or risk losing their us tv presence and some fans are begging for anthem to do it
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I doubt there is any validity to this. Impact already has a partnership with Noah which seems to be on strong footing with Marufuji coming in for Bound for Glory.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:39 am The rumors so take it for what it's worth anthem wants impact to be their us partner or risk losing their us tv presence and some fans are begging for anthem to do it
You need to stop men.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ok even Dave said it's a possibly so it's out there and I'm not making it up
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Jeff Cobb will be wrestling in the Philippines on October 12th so he won’t be at Glory by Honor.