Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Find talent un Australia, uk, Canada.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:04 am Find talent un Australia, uk, Canada.
Who?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Just look bola 2019 field.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

The problem with looking at Bola is WWE already had the in road there. Since they have been in sign everyone mode ROH or any other non-major company doesn't have much to offer.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Most of the PWG lucha talent is from AAA, so it's highly unlikely we will ever see those guys and Flamita seems an odd one out as he's kept pretty independent and is used all over.

CMLL still has a lot of great guys to use, from Titan, Fuego, Mistico, Audez, Angel De oro/Niebla Roja Tag team, Atlantis Jnr is begining to improve but still has a long way to go. The rest of the best we are going to see this weekend again or were at Summer Supercard show. Along with RUSH and Dragon Lee that's enough guys to pick and choose from to create some very good match ups. ROH just needs to catch up wrestlers wise.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Almost half of Bola is already under contract with ROH and AEW. I imagine the rest probably is getting offers from top companies.

I think ROH needs to look at how they structure their contracts, and look at bringing in some younger guys with potential and sign them for more years. I'd also be more open with part time - non exclusive contracts, or even like one off appearances. Bring some of these guys in a show and see what the reaction is.

As for the Tag Division, i think Lethal & Gresham is the answer. They are more than capable of deliver a main event level match. I think Haskins/WIlliams could also carry that division, but just don't have the star power that Lethal brings. PCO and Brody would be fine as champs as well. Would be nice to get one more top team in the fold. I like the idea of throwing C2C in , and see if they sink or swim.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

do you guys think they need to fix the prices for the shows?

https://twitter.com/bennyowens/status/1 ... 9917585409
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:10 pm do you guys think they need to fix the prices for the shows?

https://twitter.com/bennyowens/status/1 ... 9917585409
Yes!!!!! They are so out of line with the marketplace.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yes as a whole and from what I can see they are to a point especially with GA for TV, Las Vegas has tickets as low as $18 that’s a steal.

This is slightly different considering it’s a UK tour and I don’t know if the logistics of that are being taken into consideration. From plane rides, transport within country, hotels using UK talent, building costs etc. They have to want to make it profitable tour too a point. Do I think they should be have it at say £30-£25 yeah probably but this isn’t Rev Pro who most likely aren’t covering the New Japan talent costs and only have to worry about the building and even then, they probably have a deal with the owners for York Hall considering how many times they run it.

If the cards are good enough they’ll be worth the price, and honestly even the £30 I spent on a ticket to Summer Sizzler wasn’t worth it considering the quality of matches.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ring of Honor is proud to announce that Lanny Poffo, who entertained millions of pro wrestling fans around the world in the 70s, 80s and 90s with his acrobatics, poems and genius intellect, will appear as a special guest at Glory By Honor in New Orleans’ UNO Lakefront Arena on Oct. 12.

Fans at the show will have an opportunity to interact with Poffo, who will take part in the meet and greet in addition to appearing on the show.

Poffo, a member of a famous wrestling family that includes his brother “Macho Man” Randy Savage and father Angelo Poffo, is a self-professed “huge fan of Ring of Honor. He sat in on commentary during the main event of the ROH live event in Atlanta recently.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"As a reminder, the bracket for the tournament will be revealed on ROHWrestling.com on Monday."

still waiting..
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:08 pm "As a reminder, the bracket for the tournament will be revealed on ROHWrestling.com on Monday."

still waiting..
Yeah, they re-wrote stuff to say it’ll be announced “this week”

ROH is so fuckin wack. I’m sure they’re just booking this shit now because everybody that runs ROH is lazy as hell. Wonder if we’ll even get brackets this week lol.

It’s almost certain that this Vegas ppv is going to be a let down. What a bummer.
Dave Gruber Allen

Post by Dave Gruber Allen »

Here is who the Gruber would sign:

- Ted Dibiase Jnr

- Cornette

- The Gruber

- Billy Corgan

- Trent Reznor (for music)

- Mark Madden

I'd also do the following:

- Less women

- More bell to bell wrestling

- Get the product on UK TV
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder why their bringing in lanny poffo all the sudden it's curious
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well I don't he can wrestle so he must be helping out backstage or something
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ban this guy..
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Didn't they already do the Lanny/Lethal thing a while back? Such a waste of everybody's time. Definitely not something worth announcing like it's some major happening. So Lethal can turn into Macho again.. who cares.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

ROH did it at some random Florida show and All In last year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Sports Illustrated has an update on the contract details for ROH talent Marty Scurll. According to the new report, Marty Scurll’s current contract with ROH will expire in November, After that, he will be a free agent.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

and 8 month reign of marty as world champion is not that bad...

jesus roh.