Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Sinclair officially owns 20% of the yes network
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:36 am Now the decision to make Taven the champ over Marty has gone from baffling to downright absurd.

How much crack is Delirious smoking, that's what I wanna know. Or was it too many chairshots, maybe?
This is the same man who once held a locker room meeting announcing Matt Taven would never be booked after he moonsaulted on George the Animal Steele. The same man who told Cabana he wasn't funny and comedy wrestling wasn't a fit for ROH. The same man who buried Joe Hendry and then booked him. The same man who said Christopher Daniels was overrated in front of Christopher Daniels without realizing he was standing 3 feet from him. Delirious doesn't smoke crack, but all that green has flooded his brain.
Captain Podcast
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:14 pm
alexsmellzzz wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:36 am Now the decision to make Taven the champ over Marty has gone from baffling to downright absurd.

How much crack is Delirious smoking, that's what I wanna know. Or was it too many chairshots, maybe?
This is the same man who once held a locker room meeting announcing Matt Taven would never be booked after he moonsaulted on George the Animal Steele. The same man who told Cabana he wasn't funny and comedy wrestling wasn't a fit for ROH. The same man who buried Joe Hendry and then booked him. The same man who said Christopher Daniels was overrated in front of Christopher Daniels without realizing he was standing 3 feet from him. Delirious doesn't smoke crack, but all that green has flooded his brain.
Can I just ask when did he say that about Hendry because it really wasn’t until about last year that he really started to deliver and get everything together. Who was also pretty bad in his time in Impact and his matches within ROH. It’s why I am glad he did get signed because there won’t be a lot of improving needed.

Apart from the Chris Daniels thing everyone is certainly allowed to change their mind, more do in the wrestling business than anywhere really. These things don’t bother me compared to the ignoring calls, delaying on talent etc.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:14 pm

I think your “source” needs to check their info this is getting ridiculous. Like how you were told Ken Dixon was responsible for the Bully incident when as it turns out he wasn’t even at the shows.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Three competitors who burst onto the scene in ROH this year and one longtime ROH star fill the four remaining spots in the upcoming tournament to determine the challenger for the ROH World Title in the main event of the Final Battle pay-per-view in December.

PCO, Bandido, Mark Haskins and ROH veteran Colt Cabana join previously announced entrants Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle, Marty Scurll and Kenny King.

With two members of Villain Enterprises (PCO, Scurll) and two members of LifeBlood (Bandido, Haskins) in the tournament, we very well could see faction mates competing against one another. The bracket will be revealed on Monday.

PCO, Bandido and Haskins have all made a huge impact in ROH since signing with the company eight months ago. They immediately won over fans and achieved main event status.

Cabana made his ROH debut in 2002, the company’s first year in existence. A two-time ROH World Tag Team Champion, Cabana has had a very successful career, but the ROH World Championship has eluded him. Now that he divides his time between wrestling and doing color commentary on ROH broadcasts, this may be Cabana’s last shot at competing for the richest prize in the sport.

First-round matches of the tournament will be held at Sam’s Town Live in Las Vegas at the Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view on Friday, Sept. 27 and Death Before Dishonor Fallout on Saturday, Sept. 28.

The semifinals and finals take place at Glory By Honor in New Orleans at UNO Lakefront Arena on Saturday, Oct. 12. Tickets for Glory By Honor go on sale this coming Wednesday, Sept. 4 at 10 a.m. Central for HonorClub members and Friday, Sept. 6 at 10 a.m. Central for the general public. All eight participants in the tournament will take part in the meet and greet.

The winner of the tournament faces the ROH World Champion (currently Matt Taven) at Final Battle on Friday, Dec. 13 at Baltimore’s UMBC Event Center.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

No Cobb. No Rush. I know both are probably getting title shots before Final Battle, but in kayfabe they probably should have announced those title matches before announcing the tournament field.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Colt wrestling is always a good thing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

good 8 man field, lets wait the pairings

rush next world champion, cobb next challenger ... maybe theyre gonna make rush vs cobb before final battle
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

gresham injured at rev pro tonight....hopefully not serious

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Bascially the expected names for the tournament, which is a good thing. ROH has such a logjam of good midcard/upper midcard talent that they could do a NOAH-sized round robin tournament and it'd probably be excellent. I hope every match in the tournament is given a legit opportunity to shine--I think all seven matches can change the way this entire year is remembered, or at least by people who were keeping track of the actual content of the shows.

(By the way, when how many times ROH done a singles elimination tournament in recent years? I can basically only recall the tournament at the beginning of 2017 and the one where Cole won the title.)
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Cabana being in the tournament is a surprise. I think Haskins has a real shot at winning this thing.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Not really liking the tournament but hopefully this gives some new blood into World Title division
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I would have liked to have seen Shelley/Gresham or both in there, I hope PCO doesn’t go far or at least has his legs underneath him on those nights. Apart from Bandido and Cabana have everyone has a right to be there from finishes and match wins so I’m cool with that.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I'm not a big fan of Cabana so I could have taken some else in his place, but overall this looks like a solid tournament. I feel that if they wanted they could "make" Haskins here. Granted, execution would be very important as well.

In other news CMLL's Gran Prix ended and from RoH's side nothing really noteworthy happened asides of Rush getting DQed when he tried to literally murder Taven and some time later Volador pinned Taven. Maybe those moments will get played in some promo video for Taven/Rush and Taven/Volador matches.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i always have this dream of hiroshi tanahashi becoming roh world champion

now he just beat zsj and is the new UNDISPUTED BRITISH HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

nice rev pro.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:07 am VETV - Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3O_305 ... pp=desktop
This was fun. Hopefully it just shows then traveling and behind the scenes. No skits needed.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

marty is really creating a brand with VE...i dont know if he can make that in aew or nxt, i hope he stays in roh...thats my dream.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

ROH really needs to make/let the #1 contender tournament shine. This is really current ROHs strong point, all they need to do is give the matches time and a showcase and not screw up the finishes.

What happens if Marty leaves. Does VE continue on in ROH without him successfully?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

EvanKnight wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:35 pm ROH really needs to make/let the #1 contender tournament shine. This is really current ROHs strong point, all they need to do is give the matches time and a showcase and not screw up the finishes.

What happens if Marty leaves. Does VE continue on in ROH without him successfully?
If PCO and Brody stick around, I kinda think they'll end up as Los Ingobernables de Estados Unidos.