Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

alexsmellzzz wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:31 pm
monster mafia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:33 pm maybe 2 matches each night at vegas...why you people cry for everything..,damn.
It’s just annoying that ROH is terrible now :/

Just a couple years ago all the big shows were great.

Now Matt Taven is the world champ lol
It's just your non-stop complaining about ROH and Taven is exhausting. Multiple post daily, saying the same things, just twisted. Of course, you want the best show at Vegas. I want the best show for Dearborn. There are a handful of things i could complain about for Dearborn. When is the last time Detroit even got an ROH title match??? Not many in the past 10 years... but at the same time we've gotten some great shows with NJPW talent, and now CMLL too.

So the glass can always be half full / half empty. Just be happy ROH is running a PPV and TV Taping in your local market. How many years did it take ROH to even start running shows there?? Think about the market that got sacrificed so they could run Vegas. Boo Taven, Cheer for the faces. Hope the other 7 matches on the card are good.... Everyone here wants ROH to be the best, but rebuilding doesn't happen overnight.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Y'all complaining about who gets better ROH cards.

Meanwhile ROH, TNA/Impact, MLW, AEW, AAA, and NJPW have run a combined zero shows in Denver. Since WCW died, the only major promotion to run a show here is WWE. We don't even get the decent sized indies.

I think TNA did a single house show about 100 miles away about 13 years ago.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Imagine really disliking all the actors in a film or the film generally, then buying a ticket to see it again. Hoping it’s going to have a different set of actors or somehow be a better film when it hasn’t advertised it’s going to be. Amazing really.

This place is honestly hilarious at times and certainly not a good way. Oh lol......
Montana

Post by Montana »

I’m sorry if my post came across wrong, but I was basically saying we can always find something to complain about, BUT in actuality we should be thankful for getting the show in the first place, as many do not get the chance.

Even sub-par ROH cards are typically fun too. I think ROh probably goes out of their way to have at least 1 special match on each show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"TK O'Ryan is out of action due to multiple concussions. He was a guy who seemed to have a future in wrestling. He'd been having issues with it, and resulting depression, dating back several months" - Observer

This sucks.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Montana wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:42 am I’m sorry if my post came across wrong, but I was basically saying we can always find something to complain about, BUT in actuality we should be thankful for getting the show in the first place, as many do not get the chance.

Even sub-par ROH cards are typically fun too. I think ROh probably goes out of their way to have at least 1 special match on each show.
Your post was spot on man, I totally agree with it's sentiment

and Yeah that really sucks for TK, I wish him a happy and healthy recovery in all aspects and I hope ROH is their too help him and all wrestlers too. Even if he is with ROH in backstage position he shouldn't be away from the company
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 am Imagine really disliking all the actors in a film or the film generally, then buying a ticket to see it again. Hoping it’s going to have a different set of actors or somehow be a better film when it hasn’t advertised it’s going to be. Amazing really.

This place is honestly hilarious at times and certainly not a good way. Oh lol......
Imagine enjoying a play and buying tickets for their next show based on that, only for the troup to have lost most of its top billing actors and "replace" them with the nothing, secondary characters you saw the first time.

Nah, that's just crazy talk as usual.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thelone wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:17 am
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:21 am Imagine really disliking all the actors in a film or the film generally, then buying a ticket to see it again. Hoping it’s going to have a different set of actors or somehow be a better film when it hasn’t advertised it’s going to be. Amazing really.

Imagine enjoying a play and buying tickets for their next show based on that, only for the troup to have lost most of its top billing actors and "replace" them with the nothing, secondary characters you saw the first time.

Nah, that's just crazy talk as usual.
It's not based on that though is it, we know the play already has changed and who the charachters are no one is going into this blind or surprised.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:44 am "TK O'Ryan is out of action due to multiple concussions. He was a guy who seemed to have a future in wrestling. He'd been having issues with it, and resulting depression, dating back several months" - Observer

This sucks.
I thought that he looked rather good against Rush in his debut match, but last few months he looked really bad and I wondered whats up with that. This explain it I guess. I hope that this leads to Kingdom being disbanded.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BurningHammer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:20 amIt's not based on that though is it, we know the play already has changed and who the charachters are no one is going into this blind or surprised.
I guess goodwill and brand reputation don't exist in your bubble. If a show coming to town is consistantly good for years, you're mostly likely buying tickets no matter who's headlining. If you start giving them shit or just the same quality they could very well see in their local promotion for a lot cheaper, then they won't come back for a while, if at all.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thelone wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:54 am
BurningHammer wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:20 amIt's not based on that though is it, we know the play already has changed and who the charachters are no one is going into this blind or surprised.
I guess goodwill and brand reputation don't exist in your bubble. If a show coming to town is consistantly good for years, you're mostly likely buying tickets no matter who's headlining. If you start giving them shit or just the same quality they could very well see in their local promotion for a lot cheaper, then they won't come back for a while, if at all.
It does exist in "my bubble" and that's why I'm giving my support to ROH through this period because they are actually trying to sort their shit out after delivering for so long. Generally If a company is coming to my town (which doesn't happen where I live and I have to travel and minimum four hours to see a show) and constantly giving me good to great shows for years and then they don't because of variety of reasons, then yes, I would give them a by and still go. The last event in Las Vegas was probably the best ROH show this year in terms of match quality and if you aren't happy with that type of event then honestly you probably aren't really a fan of ROH and would want something different and should go find it because you'll be a happy wrestling fan.

No one in ROH is saying 'look if you don't buy a ticket your life is ending'. ROH's possition in wrestling isn't unkown, especially if you are following the product, if you like it you should go, if you don't or are in the hope of something unlikely I just don't see point of it, it feels like a waste of money. They have their roster and will likely use it within it's fullest capacity taking in booking plans etc.

I will as I have always said for however bloody long say, ROH's roster needs to be better to allow for better quality of matches, and the booking does need to create better match up's but throughout these last few months there certainly has been cards with matches that I would want to go and see as they would deliver. They just need a lot more of it.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Woohoo!!!! That Matt Taven news makes me want to throw a party!

Please be true. Please let that contract run out and use that money on somebody else, ROH. PLEASE
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe there are some other superstars with contracts ending soon....worrying
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:37 am maybe there are some other superstars with contracts ending soon....worrying
Bar Taven everyone is locked in until the end of the year, or going into the next couple.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cobb and marty too?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

also...taven is not in the uk tour poster

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:13 am cobb and marty too?
I believe both are the end of the year, Meltzer stated Cobb was end of the year and Marty is rumoured to be November but with a gentleman’s hand shake I imagine that can be moved to end of the year. I’m guessing ROH will try to get Marty to Final Battle.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Two former ROH World Champions are among the first four entrants announced for the upcoming tournament to determine the challenger for the ROH World Title in the main event of Final Battle in December.

Jay Lethal, the record-holder for most combined days as ROH World Champion, and Dalton Castle, who held the title for nearly 200 days in 2017-2018, are confirmed for the eight-man tournament, as are “The Villain” Marty Scurll and Kenny King.

Lethal has said repeatedly that being world champion is an obsession for him, and Castle announced during Saturday Night at Center Stage in Atlanta last week that he is focused once again on regaining the title, which he won at Final Battle 2017 over Cody.

Scurll, the CEO of Villain Enterprises and a co-holder of the ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Title, has come close to winning the ROH World Title on several occasions, most recently at G1 Supercard before a sellout crowd at Madison Square Garden in April. King, a two-time former ROH World Television Champion and former ROH World Tag Team Champion, is enjoying one of the greatest years of his career, highlighted by winning a best-of-three series over Lethal.

The remaining four entrants will be announced tomorrow on ROHWrestling.com. The bracket will be revealed this coming Monday.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I wonder what happened to roh is adding a lot of stuff to their social and doing photoshoots for their talent and for merchandise
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Now the decision to make Taven the champ over Marty has gone from baffling to downright absurd.

How much crack is Delirious smoking, that's what I wanna know. Or was it too many chairshots, maybe?