Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Montana »

famicommander wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:01 pm I think ROH has been run so conservatively that they can absorb a tough year or two without much trouble.

Being so conservative is a big reason why they're in this mess in the first place, but it's also what's probably going to see them through it. Attendance is down but salaries have got to be down a lot too with how many people they've lost.
That's a good point. As much doom and gloom fans think ROH is having, they are probably still profitable, and noticeably more so than their direct competition. Yeah they may only have had 1,000+ in Toronto but the cheapest seats were 60-$100+... Impact and MLW probably run a fraction of the shows ROH does too, at a fraction of the ticket price. Even AEW tickets are relatively cheap in comparison.

Plus using Dojo guys for a smaller contract helps spend more on the big names.

The other thing that some people may not be thinking about, is just because a venue is bigger, doesn't always means it cost more. I'm not going to get into specifics, but the show they had in grand rapids had a large venue, but it was necessarily an expensive venue. In fact, that specific venue was probably more happy renting it out, than not.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Memphis Mark wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm Talent . Bring back Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana. Add in Kyle the Beast and Alex Shelly and you have the return of the Embassy . Get your toilet paper ready.

You can bring in the Doom Patrol to work with Briscoes. Money feud.

Bring in Joey Lynch . Awesome and overlooked talent . That is off the top of my head .

More free agents. Eric Watts , Barrett Brown , Clayton Gainz , Schaff , Artemis Spencer , Jaxon Stone. , Tyler Bateman , Tony Deppen , AJ Gray , John Silver , Alex Reynolds, Steve Manders , Arik Royal , Dom Garrinni , Bear Country , Butcher and the Blade , Besties in the World , Alexander James , Alex Zayne , R.D. Evans , Nick Gage , Robert Anthony , Kobe Durst , Craig Mitchell , Pat Monix , Tim Donst , Logan Easton LaRoux , Daniel Makabe , Fred Yehi , AC Mack , O'Shay Edwards , Drew Adler , Harlem Bravado , Tracer X , Erik Stevens and many more. Also think the Dirty Blondes. Parrow and Odinson are available.

I am not saying all the guys are great . However they are bound to be keepers in the bunch . I spent about 15 minutes on this list. i sure they are twice as many guys that I did not list.

Plus all of the NXT and AEW signees will survive. The release should start in the next 6 months or so.

My point is that the ROH office should be scouting talent on this leve and bringing them in for tryouts . Just depending solely on the ROH Dojo for the future win't work. Just my take.
I've seen Deppen wrestle several times live at GCW shows. He's the real deal. He had a match with Gresham in Asbury Park thatwas excellent. If I'm ROH I'm reaching out to him before BOLA because he's going to break out.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

You know another thing ROH can do is work with Impact. Everybody loves an invasion angle and they draw money. Jeff Jarrett ran the invasion angle in Memphis six times. The territory was invaded by Florida, World Class , Global , WWF , Smoky Mountain and ECW .

You could have Eddie Edwards return to ROH to show Matt Taven is the best ROH champion of all time and more importantly , Boston's greatest champion . Moose will return to show the ROH office he was always destined to be ROH champion . The North , Ethan Page and Josh Alexander , could return seeking revenge on ROH for not signing them . Both men were hugh ROH fans. Plus , Alexander could blame ROH for his neck injury. Sami Callihan could go on a violent rampage in ROH . Callihan would be bitter towards ROH not signing him before he went to Evolve.

On the Impact side , the Briscoes could invade Impact to prove their dominance . Dem boys could say that AMW , Beer Money and LAX stayed in Impact because they were afraid of the Briscoes. Now the Briscoes will take the Impact tag belts just for the hell of it.

Jay Lethal would show up to take the Impact title. Jay could say Russo screw him over years ago. Lethal is a ROH legend and he would be an Impact legend if politics had not have gotten in the way. Lethal will take the Impact title and give it to Cary Silken to use as a door stop.

Settle the feud on PPV . Final Battle . Fight with out Honor. 5 on 5. This would hot shot two struggling promotions. The programs just write themselves.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:08 pm
Memphis Mark wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm Talent . Bring back Jimmy Rave and Prince Nana. Add in Kyle the Beast and Alex Shelly and you have the return of the Embassy . Get your toilet paper ready.

You can bring in the Doom Patrol to work with Briscoes. Money feud.

Bring in Joey Lynch . Awesome and overlooked talent . That is off the top of my head .

More free agents. Eric Watts , Barrett Brown , Clayton Gainz , Schaff , Artemis Spencer , Jaxon Stone. , Tyler Bateman , Tony Deppen , AJ Gray , John Silver , Alex Reynolds, Steve Manders , Arik Royal , Dom Garrinni , Bear Country , Butcher and the Blade , Besties in the World , Alexander James , Alex Zayne , R.D. Evans , Nick Gage , Robert Anthony , Kobe Durst , Craig Mitchell , Pat Monix , Tim Donst , Logan Easton LaRoux , Daniel Makabe , Fred Yehi , AC Mack , O'Shay Edwards , Drew Adler , Harlem Bravado , Tracer X , Erik Stevens and many more. Also think the Dirty Blondes. Parrow and Odinson are available.

I am not saying all the guys are great . However they are bound to be keepers in the bunch . I spent about 15 minutes on this list. i sure they are twice as many guys that I did not list.

Plus all of the NXT and AEW signees will survive. The release should start in the next 6 months or so.

My point is that the ROH office should be scouting talent on this leve and bringing them in for tryouts . Just depending solely on the ROH Dojo for the future win't work. Just my take.
I've seen Deppen wrestle several times live at GCW shows. He's the real deal. He had a match with Gresham in Asbury Park thatwas excellent. If I'm ROH I'm reaching out to him before BOLA because he's going to break out.
Garrinni despite being a local, stinks, his trainees are better than he is. Nick Gage is a hard no due to prison record. Donst is one of the worst wrestlers on the scene. If you want guys that can draw money instantly it's not anyone you named.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I was not aware that Rush, PCO, Brody, Bandido, Williams and Hendry are from RoH dojo. Sure, RoH are trying to create their own stars with the dojo, but I really don't agree that they are depending on it. At the moment it looks like they are just filling out the undercard.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

out of the list that would genuinely help ROH become a far more stable company in ring wise and gets people interested in matches. I would say Artemis Spencer (guy has it all), Yehi, Deepen, Bear Country, Gainz, Bateman. I would also add Effy and Serpentico to the list Effy’s promos are gold for me, while Sepentico has improved a tone and deserves a shot, I think that would fill the roster with variety and quality. Need another tag team though.

Makabe would be there but he is just way to ‘Indy’ looking right now. If he got in better shape he would be a cert, fantastic technical wrestler overall.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

Memphis Mark wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:19 pm You know another thing ROH can do is work with Impact. Everybody loves an invasion angle and they draw money. Jeff Jarrett ran the invasion angle in Memphis six times. The territory was invaded by Florida, World Class , Global , WWF , Smoky Mountain and ECW .

You could have Eddie Edwards return to ROH to show Matt Taven is the best ROH champion of all time and more importantly , Boston's greatest champion . Moose will return to show the ROH office he was always destined to be ROH champion . The North , Ethan Page and Josh Alexander , could return seeking revenge on ROH for not signing them . Both men were hugh ROH fans. Plus , Alexander could blame ROH for his neck injury. Sami Callihan could go on a violent rampage in ROH . Callihan would be bitter towards ROH not signing him before he went to Evolve.

On the Impact side , the Briscoes could invade Impact to prove their dominance . Dem boys could say that AMW , Beer Money and LAX stayed in Impact because they were afraid of the Briscoes. Now the Briscoes will take the Impact tag belts just for the hell of it.

Jay Lethal would show up to take the Impact title. Jay could say Russo screw him over years ago. Lethal is a ROH legend and he would be an Impact legend if politics had not have gotten in the way. Lethal will take the Impact title and give it to Cary Silken to use as a door stop.

Settle the feud on PPV . Final Battle . Fight with out Honor. 5 on 5. This would hot shot two struggling promotions. The programs just write themselves.
You had me until you mentioned Sami. Hard pass.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

It's not going to happen because impact almost cost roh a ppv with the broken hardy stuff
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I still think it might be best to just wait for Impact to die and then pick at the carcass.

I know the office isn't on the best terms with Court Bauer but I think MLW would be a more effective partner.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TNA is forever.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

The company won’t partner with anyone outside of the NJPW and CMLL group. They think it’s beneath them. It’s been that way forever and will remain. Ps: no callihan forever
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:32 am The company won’t partner with anyone outside of the NJPW and CMLL group. They think it’s beneath them. It’s been that way forever and will remain. Ps: no callihan forever
Then what the hell was all that NWA, The Crash, RevPro, STARDOM, MCW, etc stuff the last couple years?
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:56 am I still think it might be best to just wait for Impact to die and then pick at the carcass.

I know the office isn't on the best terms with Court Bauer but I think MLW would be a more effective partner.
Long wait. Anthem needs Impact to succeed to survive. Only way Impact goes under is if Anthem does. Sinclair doesn’t need ROH to succeed to survive. That’s why ROH would probably die before Impact.

And Bauer has zero love for ROH and that goes back to before he was running a direct competitor to them because of the way he felt they treated his boy George Carroll and Kevin Sullivan
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Anthem doesn't need Impact to survive. They'd be better off just killing it, no way it's been revenue positive at any point since they bought it.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Champions vs. All-Stars, a Ring of Honor staple in which the ROH World Champion, World Television Champion and World Tag Team Champions join forces to face a team of top stars in an eight-man tag team elimination match, will headline Saturday Night at Center Stage in Atlanta on Aug. 24.

The marquee match pits champions Matt Taven, Shane Taylor and the Briscoes against an all-star team consisting of Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb, RUSH and Kenny King.

Because of the unique concept, bitter rivals can suddenly find themselves being teammates. Such is the case with Lethal and King. Conversely, King and Taylor, who have been allies in the past, will now be on opposite sides.

The match presents a golden opportunity for the members of the All-Star team to set themselves up for a future title shot, while the champions will be looking to prove their superiority over those who want what they’ve got.

It will be especially interesting to see what happens if Taven and RUSH are in the ring together. The undefeated RUSH made it clear at Summer Supercard in Toronto last Friday that he wants a shot at Taven’s title.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Wow guys, you talk about roh dying , Sinclair etc...everyday..damn.
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

famicommander wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:23 am Anthem doesn't need Impact to survive. They'd be better off just killing it, no way it's been revenue positive at any point since they bought it.
Anthem’s main property is Fight Network-of which Impact is the majority and some of the highest rated content. It’s why they bought it in the first place. Impact goes under and they don’t have enough content for their main property.

Regardless, Impact, ROH and MLW will never work together. They’re competing for survival and two of the three are likely gone in five years
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

Wasn't Kenny King supposed to go to CMLL?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Lynx wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:52 am Wasn't Kenny King supposed to go to CMLL?
It was meant to be towards the end of the month so I’m guessing the week after this event, Taven’s meant to be heading over as well.

Nice Champions vs All Stars too,

Also this ROH dying is just getting boring now, the situation is what is. If that’s what the forum is going to be about it will probably die way before ROH does.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The booking is definitely been improvement last month or so