Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AnHonorableMention

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:49 pm What did Meltzer say?
Get a subscription. I pay for it every week, no reason to give it away for free.
Captain Podcast
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 am
Lynx wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 am I don't understand why you'd stay in RoH if you had opportunity to start AEW.
In reality, sbg is worth triple what the Khan family is worth. They just don’t spend it.
I'm sure that they spend money on things that they consider a priority. But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

As part of the international flavor of Summer Supercard in Toronto on Aug. 9, a traditional trios match between six top CMLL stars has been signed for the extravaganza.

The special attraction, which is sure to be fast-paced and high-flying, pits tecnicos Caristico, Soberano Jr. and Stuka Jr. against rudos Barbaro Cavernario, Hechicero and Templario.

Caristico, who became one of Mexico’s biggest stars just over a decade ago under the name Mistico, is still very much at the top of his game. He proved that when he made his much-anticipated ROH debut in April.

Soberano Jr. and Stuka Jr. have both competed in ROH in recent years. Soberano Jr. is the current holder of the Mexican National Welterweight Championship, a title he has successfully defended since May 2017. Stuka Jr. is a former co-holder of the CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship, a title he held for over four and a half years uninterrupted.

Cavernario, the Mexican National Light Heavyweight Champion, will be making his ROH debut, but he is no stranger to HonorClub members. He teamed with RUSH to defeat Matt Taven and Volador Jr. in a Hair vs. Hair Match in the main event of CMLL’s 85th Anniversary Show, which streamed live for HonorClub, last September.

Hechicero, an 18-year veteran, is a former NWA World Historic Light Heavyweight Champion. This will be his first appearance in ROH since 2016. Templario, 27, was trained by the legendary Ultimo Guerrero. He will be making his ROH debut.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

As part of the international flavor of Summer Supercard in Toronto on Aug. 9, a traditional trios match between six top CMLL stars has been signed for the extravaganza.

The special attraction, which is sure to be fast-paced and high-flying, pits tecnicos Caristico, Soberano Jr. and Stuka Jr. against rudos Barbaro Cavernario, Hechicero and Templario.

Caristico, who became one of Mexico’s biggest stars just over a decade ago under the name Mistico, is still very much at the top of his game. He proved that when he made his much-anticipated ROH debut in April.

Soberano Jr. and Stuka Jr. have both competed in ROH in recent years. Soberano Jr. is the current holder of the Mexican National Welterweight Championship, a title he has successfully defended since May 2017. Stuka Jr. is a former co-holder of the CMLL Arena Coliseo Tag Team Championship, a title he held for over four and a half years uninterrupted.

Cavernario, the Mexican National Light Heavyweight Champion, will be making his ROH debut, but he is no stranger to HonorClub members. He teamed with RUSH to defeat Matt Taven and Volador Jr. in a Hair vs. Hair Match in the main event of CMLL’s 85th Anniversary Show, which streamed live for HonorClub, last September.

Hechicero, an 18-year veteran, is a former NWA World Historic Light Heavyweight Champion. This will be his first appearance in ROH since 2016. Templario, 27, was trained by the legendary Ultimo Guerrero. He will be making his ROH debut.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Is Dragon Lee on that card?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

just put the graphic bro.

AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 am
Lynx wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:25 am I don't understand why you'd stay in RoH if you had opportunity to start AEW.
In reality, sbg is worth triple what the Khan family is worth. They just don’t spend it.
I'm sure that they spend money on things that they consider a priority. But I'm not sure what that has to do with anything?

Relatively speaking wrestling is easier to make money with than the majority of their assets. They refuse to invest short term costs for long term benefit
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Start your own wrestling promotion. You always seem to know better than these rich dudes what they should do with their money.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:36 am Start your own wrestling promotion. You always seem to know better than these rich dudes what they should do with their money.
As someone who has learned from promoters and has access to many in the business. I’ll stick to my real job. I’m not pulling these opinions out of thin air, they’re based on industry wide views. Not to mention you’ve contributed nothing that helps here so let me know when you’ve done something.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

The difference here is I don't spend all day on a forum with only like 12 regular members shilling my podcast and generally trying to make myself seem important.

Your act is tired.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:33 am The difference here is I don't spend all day on a forum with only like 12 regular members shilling my podcast and generally trying to make myself seem important.

Your act is tired.
Bro, I have a cell phone with unlimited data, I am not important. Nor do I talk down to people unless they disrespect me which you're doing, to me and everyone else. Our podcast has shed a light on something Ring of Honor has ignored, it's history. Why you're choosing to be a total dick is up to you, man. Hopefully you're able to find some happiness.
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You talk down to everybody, all the time. I barely interact with you myself but you do it constantly.

Just because I called you out on it this time doesn't mean I'm disrespecting anybody else, nor does it mean I'm unhappy in the broad sense.
AnHonorableMention

famicommander wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:21 pm You talk down to everybody, all the time. I barely interact with you myself but you do it constantly.

Just because I called you out on it this time doesn't mean I'm disrespecting anybody else, nor does it mean I'm unhappy in the broad sense.

I simply post what I know or have been told. If that offends you I suggest thicker skin. Or hit ignore.
Captain Podcast
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

GOD booked for Summer Supercard.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:50 pm GOD booked for Summer Supercard.
Figure whoever wins at Manhattan Mayhem between them and the Briscoes will defend the titles against
Spoiler: show
Dragon Lee & Rush as they have a win over The Briscoes at the Philly tapings putting this as a spoiler since I'm not sure if it's aired yet
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cant see the spoiler.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:24 pm cant see the spoiler.
I can never get them to drop down for me. I always have to do like I'm replying to a comment to see them
AnHonorableMention

Lynx wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 am
In a sense yes, like republican political donations and developing ad campaigns around candidates that fit the agenda of SBG top execs. They have a well spread portfolio but the bulk of their spending in done on an agenda driven basis where wrestling does not fit.
Captain Podcast
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

https://twitter.com/jaybriscoe84/status ... 4598315008

So I wonder when this match takes place.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a member of villain enterprises have a match for the nwa tittle set for toronto i think we can see this match in atlanta or nashvile

jay briscoe is the goat.