Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm I have to say sinclair is owned the company almost ten years and other than a few things like a streaming service and production improved a bit nothing really changed
Except under their ownership they provided the company the structure to enter more than a dozen new markets, grow their coverage in the millions, form new relationships with outside promotions like as New Japan Pro Wrestling and CMLL, tour foreign countries, battle WWE for the exclusivity of a number of people by providing financial power, book MADISON SQUARE GARDEN and have broken every single record and then broken them again that ROH has ever had.

Literally everything changed. That's why there are still a few dozen dorks who want the "''ol ROH back".

They need Delirious to go. Bully as a performer was fine, he's an actual heel and does actual heel things and gets an actual heel reaction, but his influence has grown too much and its effected the promotion.

And also, when I left here you were shit poster and after months of not being on here I come back to see... you're even worse. How did that happen?!
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 pm I really even don't know what qualified delirious for the job in the first place
Notorious ass kisser and overall willing to stab his friends in the neck to help himself.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

How am I a bad poster I actually think roh is putting on a decent product right now I just get frustrated at sinclair sometimes because it feels they don't know what to do with roh
AnHonorableMention

The Dragon Saga wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:30 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:45 pm I have to say sinclair is owned the company almost ten years and other than a few things like a streaming service and production improved a bit nothing really changed
Except under their ownership they provided the company the structure to enter more than a dozen new markets, grow their coverage in the millions, form new relationships with outside promotions like as New Japan Pro Wrestling and CMLL, tour foreign countries, battle WWE for the exclusivity of a number of people by providing financial power, book MADISON SQUARE GARDEN and have broken every single record and then broken them again that ROH has ever had.

Literally everything changed. That's why there are still a few dozen dorks who want the "''ol ROH back".

They need Delirious to go. Bully as a performer was fine, he's an actual heel and does actual heel things and gets an actual heel reaction, but his influence has grown too much and its effected the promotion.

And also, when I left here you were shit poster and after months of not being on here I come back to see... you're even worse. How did that happen?!
Yeah there's been a lot of positives which is why a company like Sinclair is afraid of change, it's the republican culture of their corporation. If it's getting by and cheap don't touch it. Unfortunately a lot of the growth has been in spite of anything they've done from management on up and most due to other outside circumstances like Bullet Club access and NJPW wanting to work in the states. CMLL, came via NJPW, UK Tours came via Rev Pro, MSG came because they have lawyers and money WWE can't fight. They're willing to do enough to stay still. That last sentence alone is why the whole thing needs blown up and you have to get back to what brought ROH to the dance. NXT & AEW are Ring of Honor on a bigger stage. A little more grunge, and hip hop, and less shiny bright lights, with good stories being told and ROH will be fine even if it's owned by a bunch of scumbags.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I know a few fans that isn't on here said they recently started watching ROH after not liking it because it focused too much on wrestling and after watching recently the show said it has a great balance between wrestling and stories which made them roh fans now
Captain_44

Post by Captain_44 »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:37 pm
Captain_44 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:56 pm Have they said ROH will be getting a new booker (s)?
No, but it's long past due.
I agree.
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:56 pm I know a few fans that isn't on here said they recently started watching ROH after not liking it because it focused too much on wrestling and after watching recently the show said it has a great balance between wrestling and stories which made them roh fans now
That’s not what ROH used to be and the stories now, combined with how talent is mismanaged has ROH at its lowest point. Those fans probably aren’t your audience.
Captain Podcast
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Tickets are not moving well for the Best in the World PPV this Friday. I would estimate they have sold around 700 tickets sold in a big venue that can hold around 5,000 fans for a concert. That’s not good in a venue that size even if they configure the arena a certain way, it’s going to be tough to make 700 fans look good on PPV this Friday. In more positive news for the company, ROH has only around 160 tickets last as of earlier today for the TV tapings in Philadelphia on June 29.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:48 pm How am I a bad poster I actually think roh is putting on a decent product right now I just get frustrated at sinclair sometimes because it feels they don't know what to do with roh
Don't worry about it. It's coming from a known liar. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4998&p=144622#p144622
If TDS calls you a bad poster, it means you're doing something right.

And TDS, if the guy being such a bad poster offends you then why didn't you just stay away from here instead of coming back and immediately insulting someone for no good reason. Whatever anyone thinks of Chrisvegas27's posts, one thing I don't believe can be disputed is that he has been nothing but civil to everyone on this forum, and so for that alone he deserves similar respect from the rest of us.
Now why don't you go crawl back into whatever hole you came out of and leave us alone, or this a sort of Mr. Mxyzptlk situation where I have to do that thing where I rebut your points and challenge you explain to me why my proposal for integrating the old booking scheme into the current TV-based product won't work and instead of trying to answer you just disappear for three months?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

From what I read and heard stadium going to be given roh more opportunities in the near future
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

LifeBlood still has not received an answer from Flip Gordon as to whether he will become a member of the group, but I’m told the offer is still on the table. Meanwhile, PJ Black has certainly put himself on LifeBlood’s radar. Black has made a real effort to show that he embodies everything LifeBlood stands for. When LifeBlood’s Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams were being beaten down by Bully Ray, Shane Taylor and The Soldiers of Savagery a few weeks ago, Black stepped up and took a bullet for them. The following week, Black, Haskins and Williams teamed up to win a six-man tag match over Shinobi Shadow Squad, thus earning them a shot at ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, PCO and Brody King) on the Best in the World pay-per-view in Baltimore on Friday night. Will Black end up becoming a full-fledged member of LifeBlood? If so, where would that leave Gordon? On the other hand, if Gordon accepts LifeBlood’s offer, what would that mean for Black? Is it possible both men could join the group? It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Speaking of Villain Enterprises, they will unveil their personalized six-man title belts on the pay-per-view. Scurll asked PCO and Destro to design the new belts, and the monster and his creator did exactly that. Clearly, Scurll is confident Villain Enterprises will be holding onto the titles for a long time, but turning back the challenge of Haskins, Williams and Black won’t be easy.

In addition to revealing their new title belts, expect Villain Enterprises to also reveal their fourth member in Baltimore.

It seems a lot of fans have a pretty good idea of who is behind the “Maneater” video that surfaced recently on social media. I have it on good authority that the person in question is likely to make their presence felt in Baltimore and at the Best in the World international television taping Saturday in Philadelphia.

In case you missed it, NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis announced that the mystery man who will team with him in place of the injured Colt Cabana against the Briscoes in a grudge tag match on the Best in the World pay-per-view just signed a contract with the NWA. I’ve learned that Aldis’ partner is a former world champion. His identity will be revealed during the Best in the World pre-show Friday, which airs live and for free at 8:30 p.m. Eastern on Ring of Honor Wrestling Facebook Live, FITE TV and all major cable and satellite operators.

Kudos to ROH officials for putting a main event-worthy match such as Gordon versus the undefeated RUSH on the free pre-show. According to a member of the ROH office, the company made the decision as a way of giving back to its loyal fans, but also to prove once again to all wrestling fans that ROH lives up to its moniker of “The Best Wrestling on the Planet.”

An interesting development took place when Silas Young visited the ROH Dojo recently. Young said he was going to teach the students “how to win,’ but his teaching methods left a lot to be desired, as he proceeded to bully and humiliate one of the smaller students. When Young asked if any of the other students wanted to challenge him, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound Dak Draper stepped right up. Young’s demeanor immediately softened. He told Draper his opportunity would come and then exited the ring.

Draper’s opportunity might be coming very soon. According to a source, Draper is at the top of the list of possible participants for the upcoming Top Prospect Tournament, which begins on July 21 at Mass Hysteria in Lowell, Mass.

The Soldiers of Savagery will make their official ROH in-ring television debut in Philadelphia.

The Flex Express will roll into Philadelphia, as Rhett Titus has been booked against Shane Taylor. If Taylor retains the ROH World Television Title against Bandido the night before, there’s a chance the Titus-Taylor bout could be for the championship, but that’s not official. Titus is in peak physical condition and he’s a wily veteran, but he’ll obviously have his work cut out for him against the dangerous Taylor.

Popular backstage correspondent Quinn McKay will be conducting interviews in Baltimore and Philadelphia.

Entertaining underdogs Master and Machine (Marcus Kross and Griff Garrison) return to ROH for the first time since January to meet Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) in Philadelphia. Kross and Garrison lost to The Bouncers in their last appearance in ROH earlier this year, but they put forth a spirited effort despite giving up nearly 350 pounds.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

LifeBlood still has not received an answer from Flip Gordon as to whether he will become a member of the group, but I’m told the offer is still on the table. Meanwhile, PJ Black has certainly put himself on LifeBlood’s radar. Black has made a real effort to show that he embodies everything LifeBlood stands for. When LifeBlood’s Mark Haskins and Tracy Williams were being beaten down by Bully Ray, Shane Taylor and The Soldiers of Savagery a few weeks ago, Black stepped up and took a bullet for them. The following week, Black, Haskins and Williams teamed up to win a six-man tag match over Shinobi Shadow Squad, thus earning them a shot at ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champions Villain Enterprises (Marty Scurll, PCO and Brody King) on the Best in the World pay-per-view in Baltimore on Friday night. Will Black end up becoming a full-fledged member of LifeBlood? If so, where would that leave Gordon? On the other hand, if Gordon accepts LifeBlood’s offer, what would that mean for Black? Is it possible both men could join the group? It will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

Speaking of Villain Enterprises, they will unveil their personalized six-man title belts on the pay-per-view. Scurll asked PCO and Destro to design the new belts, and the monster and his creator did exactly that. Clearly, Scurll is confident Villain Enterprises will be holding onto the titles for a long time, but turning back the challenge of Haskins, Williams and Black won’t be easy.

In addition to revealing their new title belts, expect Villain Enterprises to also reveal their fourth member in Baltimore.

It seems a lot of fans have a pretty good idea of who is behind the “Maneater” video that surfaced recently on social media. I have it on good authority that the person in question is likely to make their presence felt in Baltimore and at the Best in the World international television taping Saturday in Philadelphia.

In case you missed it, NWA Worlds Champion Nick Aldis announced that the mystery man who will team with him in place of the injured Colt Cabana against the Briscoes in a grudge tag match on the Best in the World pay-per-view just signed a contract with the NWA. I’ve learned that Aldis’ partner is a former world champion. His identity will be revealed during the Best in the World pre-show Friday, which airs live and for free at 8:30 p.m. Eastern on Ring of Honor Wrestling Facebook Live, FITE TV and all major cable and satellite operators.

Kudos to ROH officials for putting a main event-worthy match such as Gordon versus the undefeated RUSH on the free pre-show. According to a member of the ROH office, the company made the decision as a way of giving back to its loyal fans, but also to prove once again to all wrestling fans that ROH lives up to its moniker of “The Best Wrestling on the Planet.”

An interesting development took place when Silas Young visited the ROH Dojo recently. Young said he was going to teach the students “how to win,’ but his teaching methods left a lot to be desired, as he proceeded to bully and humiliate one of the smaller students. When Young asked if any of the other students wanted to challenge him, the 6-foot-5, 240-pound Dak Draper stepped right up. Young’s demeanor immediately softened. He told Draper his opportunity would come and then exited the ring.

Draper’s opportunity might be coming very soon. According to a source, Draper is at the top of the list of possible participants for the upcoming Top Prospect Tournament, which begins on July 21 at Mass Hysteria in Lowell, Mass.

The Soldiers of Savagery will make their official ROH in-ring television debut in Philadelphia.

The Flex Express will roll into Philadelphia, as Rhett Titus has been booked against Shane Taylor. If Taylor retains the ROH World Television Title against Bandido the night before, there’s a chance the Titus-Taylor bout could be for the championship, but that’s not official. Titus is in peak physical condition and he’s a wily veteran, but he’ll obviously have his work cut out for him against the dangerous Taylor.

Popular backstage correspondent Quinn McKay will be conducting interviews in Baltimore and Philadelphia.

Entertaining underdogs Master and Machine (Marcus Kross and Griff Garrison) return to ROH for the first time since January to meet Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) in Philadelphia. Kross and Garrison lost to The Bouncers in their last appearance in ROH earlier this year, but they put forth a spirited effort despite giving up nearly 350 pounds.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:04 am Entertaining underdogs Master and Machine (Marcus Kross and Griff Garrison) return to ROH for the first time since January to meet Coast 2 Coast (LSG and Shaheem Ali) in Philadelphia. Kross and Garrison lost to The Bouncers in their last appearance in ROH earlier this year, but they put forth a spirited effort despite giving up nearly 350 pounds.
Happy to see Master and Machine getting booked again.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

According to Ian there Will be more opportunities for roh coming on stadium
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

So Grizzly Redwood has returned to ROH . Wow! Add Redwood to the likes of Cheeseburger, Ryan Nova , the Boys , the awful Bouncers gimmick , Little Willie and the collection of wives/ girlfriends , what do you have ? You have low tickets , low ratings and low PPV buys. Who in is going to pay the current ROH ticket prices to see this collection of " talent " ? The under card keeps getting worse. When will ROH management wake up ?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think he was just a joober for eli drake, chill.
EvanKnight

Post by EvanKnight »

Memphis Mark wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:45 pm So Grizzly Redwood has returned to ROH . Wow! Add Redwood to the likes of Cheeseburger, Ryan Nova , the Boys , the awful Bouncers gimmick , Little Willie and the collection of wives/ girlfriends , what do you have ? You have low tickets , low ratings and low PPV buys. Who in is going to pay the current ROH ticket prices to see this collection of " talent " ? The under card keeps getting worse. When will ROH management wake up ?
That seems way overstated. There are more than enough actual issues with the current product, but
Spoiler: show
he lost in a match to an NWA guy. He was brought in as a name” enhancement talent with ROH history. What is the better option? Eli pinning current ROH wrestlers? Eli not being on ROH tv?
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Ugh... Eli Drake!?

:(

ROH just can't get it right. Eli Drake sucks. And even worse than just him being in ROH... now when they come to Vegas, he'll probably be in big matches just because he used to wrestle here. I've been sitting front row when ROH comes to Vegas since 2014..... now I'll be paying to see Eli Drake matches. Great.
Lynx

Post by Lynx »

I think he is signed to NWA so he is going to be around as long as RoH/NWA partnership holds.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

Lynx wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 am I think he is signed to NWA so he is going to be around as long as RoH/NWA partnership holds.
Yeah :/ it makes sense from a business standpoint, but just doesn't make for good wrestling. That's the reason I'm not a fan. It wasn't that long ago that ROH's ppvs were great from top to bottom, with no filler. Now, it's like there's 1 or 2 good things to watch and almost the whole show is filler.

Alex Shelley, though, is a step in the right direction. I wish Taven wasn't the champ so we could get Shelley vs Lethal for the title. Or Shelley vs Jay Briscoe. Shelley vs anybody other than Taven.

Like, dude, Impact used to be the joke promotion with the bad roster. Now, they have LAX, Rascalz, Cage, Elgin, Ethan Page and Josh Alexander, lots of guys. And ROH is the one booking Eli Drake now lol. Just doesn't make sense.