Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
famicommander

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by famicommander »

SweetDaddy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:20 pm Ill take Ryback over 2/3 of the current ROH roster.
This is a horrible opinion.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

SweetDaddy wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:20 pm Ill take Ryback over 2/3 of the current ROH roster.
this shit is not serious.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Do you find it odd that Ryback hasn't found much/any work, and in other major promotions since being let go?? It's probably because he's not as good as he, or you think he is. Sure I'd take Ryback over one of the ROH dojo students, but at the same time I'd rather pay someone like Bandido, Rush, Cobb, Juice, etc... bc i assume Ryback is not a cheap price tag. Plus judging by wikipedia, it doesn't look like he wants to lose/put ppl over bc he supposedly hasn't lost an indy match in almost 2 years.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

This gimmick is so lame. It's 2019 are we really gimmick posting still?
Captain Podcast
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Montana wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:36 pm
Do you find it odd that Ryback hasn't found much/any work, and in other major promotions since being let go?? It's probably because he's not as good as he, or you think he is. Sure I'd take Ryback over one of the ROH dojo students, but at the same time I'd rather pay someone like Bandido, Rush, Cobb, Juice, etc... bc i assume Ryback is not a cheap price tag. Plus judging by wikipedia, it doesn't look like he wants to lose/put ppl over bc he supposedly hasn't lost an indy match in almost 2 years.
Isom and Nova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ryback
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I'd take Ryback over Nzo and CazXL
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Do you think with sinclair replacing or phasing out Roh employees joe koff will get replaced because he signed off on all in
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Joe Koff is a businessman and ROH has done great business under his watch. He's the biggest advocate ROH has at Sinclair. He'll have his job as long as he wants it in all likelihood.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

God knows I've knocked Delirious on here and elsewhere personally and professionally. But his stoner absentee landlord approach is way more preferable to Bubba and Mercury. At least Delirious knows how to deal with Japanese wrestlers and promotions.

Hope you like brawling, man on woman violence and ball shots.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:52 pm God knows I've knocked Delirious on here and elsewhere personally and professionally. But his stoner absentee landlord approach is way more preferable to Bubba and Mercury. At least Delirious knows how to deal with Japanese wrestlers and promotions.

Hope you like brawling, man on woman violence and ball shots.
You pretty much described 2018 ROH booking really, how many times did Brandi go through a table or had some move done to her, the amount of times Cody or Taven kicked each other in the nuts just became a joke at one point and the brawling was always around.

To break down the points,

Brawling if used to highlight animosity is absolutely fine by me, it’s when it becomes hardcore matches for no reason or all of the time then there’s a problem.

It depends what you mean by violence against women, if it’s say through angle like Beulah Mcgillicutty, honestly I think it can still work but the idea has to right and people involved have to draw the emotion. I certainly don’t think it could be a Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth style angle as it cuts to close to real domestic abuse and in no way should that get highlighted. Also anything repetitive like the stuff with Mula and Mae Young is just a big no. If it ever leads to inter gender matches I will be truly done with ROH.

Ball shots really are the last thing I need considering how much of it was on my TV last year.

My main concerns that I hope they address is talent is listened too and not disregarded like what happened with Delirious, how many guys left, or were signed by other companies because of the culture and unprofessionalism he had during his time at the top.

They can focus on multiple talents and create layers for everyone without having to blend it all together.

Actuall quality talent is signed and given a light to shine rather than just being a gimmick say like The Bouncers, Cheeseburger etc.

If all that happens I’ll be perfectly fine with them at the top.

Create stories that can grasp an audience from the inside and pull it out through a hell of a lot of noise.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Let's see how this ends up going. I personally always liked Bully's way to understand the business from what I've hear from him both on interviews and Busted Open Radio. I've also loved 2019 ROH so far, so if that's what they wanna present, I'm all in.

However, if what we've seen this year is Delirious' work and Bully/Mercury want to turn this into a more WWE/TNA company, I'm not gonna support this creative team.

I've never been a Delirious hater as main writer, at least he was part of ROH for a long time and knew the history of the company and the type of wrestling fans like. So my main problem with Mercury and Bully is them not having all this knowledge and respect for the company itself.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The ROH book should have gone to Steve Corino, BJ Whitmer, Kevin Kelly, and George Caroll. But Steve was at the top IMO.

Joe Koff views/viewed Delirious like a son by all accounts. Also, Koff is at an advanced near retirement age. His successor is pegged to be Greg Gilleland who isn't as deeply rooted in the Sinclar Broadcasting side as Joe is/was. ROH politically/as a corporate asset doesn't fit their portfolio.

Anyway, I have zero trust in Mercury/Bully. Expecting a House of Hardcore/TNA living in the past direction.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If they are looking to that direction then it is going to be the worst type of ROH we have seen for some time, I would hope that isn't the case though.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

rovert1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm Also, Koff is at an advanced near retirement age. His successor is pegged to be Greg Gilleland who isn't as deeply rooted in the Sinclar Broadcasting side as Joe is/was. ROH politically/as a corporate asset doesn't fit their portfolio.
Aggh, Greg always look like he doesn't really care about ROH, at least Koff was pasionate with wrestling/ROH.
rovert1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:26 pm Anyway, I have zero trust in Mercury/Bully. Expecting a House of Hardcore/TNA living in the past direction.
This. This is I think we are gonna get if nobody stops them, I mean, Bully/Mercury can have good ideas, but having them as the head bookers, maaan, they think HoH is a good company that present a good product lol.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

More about Enzo/Cass, via WON:
We haven’t heard any negativity from the New Japan side over the MSG show, but the fact four of their wrestlers were in the match and that angle was kept from them is notable
Enzo & Cass were not at either ROH show this weekend, nor are they booked on anything announced going forward. They have been given no future dates and right now are not factored into anything. There were key people very upset with that segment internally and as noted before, internal divisiveness whether to do it. The idea of why was explained last week, but not everyone bought that. The original idea was to do a very quick bit that would take place in the corner by the guard rails. Enzo was to grab Mark Briscoe and Mark was to shove Enzo and that would be it. It would be so quick so as not to sound the alarms. People on TV may or may not see it, but people would hear about it. I guess the idea, since Enzo did interrupt a WWE show legit, was to play off that. Security was to then take Enzo away to make it look real. The idea is that if there was a buzz, maybe they’d follow up, but if nobody cared, it was so short that people would just assume it was real. It got out of control and right now there are no plans to bring them back, but there are also different people with different viewpoints involved with creative and it’s not clear how the wind will blow
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Enzo and Cass not being booked is best news ever man.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Hopefully it stays that way, I guess right now Bully Ray is looking for publicity for ROH, I certainly think there are better talents to use and he certainly shouldn't have in no way done it at Supercard but I can understand the thinking at least.

He just needs to get what talent belongs with ROH in that type of segment and it's roster.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

AlexROH wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:25 am Enzo and Cass not being booked is best news ever man.
Yeah, if they take the hint and bail on that stupid idea it's extremely good news.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

By Kevin Eck

Here’s the latest ROH news and notes:

A match between arguably the two best teams in the industry has been signed for May 12 when the War of the Worlds tour -which features the top stars in ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling -- makes a stop in Chicago for an international television taping.

However, if G.O.D. loses the ROH belts before then -- specifically at the War of the Worlds show in Buffalo, N.Y., on May 8 (streaming live for HonorClub) -- their match with the Briscoes will still take place in Chicago because of the bitter grudge between the two teams.

G.O.D. left Madison Square Garden with two sets of belts, but they made it clear in a profanity-laced tirade afterwards that they didn’t care about the ROH titles.

Naturally, the 10-time former ROH World Tag Team Champion Briscoes took offense. They responded on social media with their own profanity-laced tirade.

The time for talking is over now. Fans can expect to see an all-out war when the Briscoes and G.O.D clash at War of the Worlds in Chicago.

There are rumors circulating that LifeBlood the faction consisting of Juice Robinson, Bandido, Mark Haskins, Tracy Williams and David Finlay is trying to recruit Flip Gordon. Those rumors intensified when Robinson and Haskins came to Gordon’s aid at G1 Supercard and the trio went on to defeat Bully Ray, Silas Young and Shane Taylor in a New York City Street Fight six-man tag match.

NJPW L.A. Dojo Young Lions Clark Connors, Karl Fredericks and Alex Coughlin have been signed to compete on the four War of the Worlds shows. All three appear to have very bright futures.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ecks- ... d-taven-be
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Looks like some NJ official talked with Tama Tonga. He has deleted the tweet he made after the MSG match when he said "fuck ROH" and he has "deleted" his RT to the article I shared here this week that was shitting about ROH.

Now he's more focused on the kayfabe things with the dual champion thing and the feud with The Briscoes. Good move.