Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Chrisvegas27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Unlike the past Roh is only advertising hear from the new champions this Saturday but no matches have been announced not even one last time I checked
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:19 pm Unlike the past Roh is only advertising hear from the new champions this Saturday but no matches have been announced not even one last time I checked
They’ve been announced in those Eck’s Files things they do on their website.

Columbus

- 30 Minute Tag Team Iron Man Match: Jay Lethal & Jonathan Gresham vs. Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams
- ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Championship: Villian Enterprises (c) vs. The Kingdom
- RUSH vs. Soberano Jr.

Pittsburgh

- Mark Haskins & Tracy Williams vs. Vinny Marseglia & TK O’Ryan
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Thinking Lethal & Gresham win the ROH Tag Titles off G.O.D.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:15 pm Also Scurll, Flip, Gresham and Bandido announced for BOSJ this year.
War of the Worlds May 12th.
BOSJ is from May 13th,
How they work for both?
WHG

Post by WHG »

dhads7161 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:24 pm Thinking Lethal & Gresham win the ROH Tag Titles off G.O.D.
Lethal talked about wanting to make a run at the Tag Titles after his first World Title reign ended because it was the only title he hadn't held (6-man didn't exist yet). It'd be a good next move with him, I think and they'll be an awesome team.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

People are spamming Roh social media on every post chewing them out about Saturday and the post match interview with guerillas of Destiny throwing the Roh belts and ripping into Roh
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

They deserve to be ripped on for even considering bringing someone like Enzo in.

I'd rather see them trot out ECW geezers like Impact than Enzo. At least Sabu was good once.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I think roh thinking is we need people talking about roh instead aew and putting on thirty minute or more good wrestling matches is only going to take you so far specially with aew and others trying to build their brands up Roh doesn't want to get lost in the conversation
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 am I think roh thinking is we need people talking about roh instead aew and putting on thirty minute or more good wrestling matches is only going to take you so far specially with aew and others trying to build their brands up Roh doesn't want to get lost in the conversation
You can see top level work rate from many indy promotions now. It's not something ROH can lean on to stand out like 10/15 years ago. Now what the answer is to stand out is a question I don't have an answer to. I doubt the answer is Enzo and Cass invading but I will say I respect them trying something different.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I very much agree you can't just have it be about top level matches anymore
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

People are hating on Roh for going into a sports entertainment direction but last year there was reports of njpw talent fighting against management about wanting to westernize the new japan product into something you would see in a American product
WHG

Post by WHG »

Couple of thoughts on the Enzo thing, which I personally hate btw:

The problem for fans is that Sinclair ROH has always equated strong negative reaction with "heat"...which honestly the line is pretty thin on. Matt Hardy was a good example of everyone strongly rejecting. Taven is an example to a certain degree on the home-grown front. The loud boos and "FU Enzo" chants in the Garden probably make them think that whatever they were doing worked. Ignoring it and not blowing up social media probably would have been more effective.

I hate the idea of worked shoots in modern wrestling. They almost always flop terribly, look stupid for being obvious works, or kind of look real but serve no purpose. I will give them this: I didn't think people could be fooled by an "invasion" being a shoot, but a lot of people bought it. The issue today with social media is the window of time where people are fooled is SO minimal.

Enzo sucks, but playing devil's advocate...many people reported (some with disgust) that his line was the longest of anyone's at Wrestlecon. There might be more of a market for him than we want to admit.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

If the job in all of this is to get GOD over with an ROH crowd that this actually a really good way to do it. Tama was always going to do this and if they are going to be a strong team in ROH than what better way to shit on shitty booking and I hope they do it love even more.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Honestly, people shouldn't boo Enzo and Cass. Only three reactions are appropriate:
1. Dead silence
2. Turn your back to the ring
Or
3. Get up and go to the bathroom/concessions until the Enzo segment is over.

Don't let ROH cling to the notion that it's heel heat. Let them know that we don't want these guys at all, in any capacity.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

that guerillas of Destiny thing about the roh tittles is wilddddddd

https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/1 ... 9412893697
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I really suggest people listen to bully ray on Chris Jericho from last week he knows what he talking about and sounds like paul heyman I have no problem with him and joey booking the show he wants to build storylines from week to week and ppv to ppv he admits he watches all wrestling products to stay up to date on what working and what not
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

kovs27 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:55 am
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:29 am I think roh thinking is we need people talking about roh instead aew and putting on thirty minute or more good wrestling matches is only going to take you so far specially with aew and others trying to build their brands up Roh doesn't want to get lost in the conversation
You can see top level work rate from many indy promotions now. It's not something ROH can lean on to stand out like 10/15 years ago. Now what the answer is to stand out is a question I don't have an answer to. I doubt the answer is Enzo and Cass invading but I will say I respect them trying something different.
The thing that made them standout, to me, is their PPVs being so consistently good. They can really pack a 3 hour ppv full of good stuff. The last PPV in Vegas was awesome.

I'm not sure the wrestling quality will still be there a few years from now, as their roster slowly turns into WWE rejects and indy jobbers. The rest of the roster is mostly ROH lifers that no other company would ever want in a million years.

And the best guys are all getting older. How much longer can Lethal keep up what he's been doing? How much longer do the Briscoes have? I think ROH is not really planning that far ahead. And if the rumors about the NJPW relationship coming to an end soon are true, I think ROH is about to really enter a slump.

The best stuff on that MSG show was the NJPW show without question. The ROH side of that show sucked. The decisions they made and the guys they're deciding to push. The standouts on ROH cards right now are always guys that are just using it as a launching pad. Jeff Cobb, Bandido, etc. Those guys aren't going to be in ROH in a couple years. They'll be on to bigger and better things. Scurll is one of the most over in the company, by far. You think he'll be in ROH for much longer? I seriously wonder what the roster will look like in just a year or two. I am not optimistic.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

crockett cup brackets.

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Man. The first three matches actually sound really fun.

Hope Robert Gibson pulls off another Canadian Destroyer on a Briscoe.

This show will air live on Honor Club by the way.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:08 pm Man. The first three matches actually sound really fun.

Hope Robert Gibson pulls off another Canadian Destroyer on a Briscoe.

This show will air live on Honor Club by the way.
Or Ricky Morton. Whichever.