Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:10 am
Montana wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:18 pm The crowd for the show doesn’t look that bad. Not sold out, but seems like a decent sized venue. Odd timing for the show, like others said, I hope no one gets hurt. Doesn’t look like rush or hot sauce are holding back.
Yeah, they moved some tickets at the end and the building looked as bad as I first though.
It looked pretty similar to the last show in Baltimore. The tickets shown available on Ticketmaster looked much worse. The Briscoes seem to draw a good amount of crowd at this venue. The last two shows it seemed they had two full sections of fans.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Since the new shows just began airing is that mean we won't get the fallout of Supercard for about three weeks
IanRiccaboni

Post by IanRiccaboni »

kovs27 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 4:19 am
AlexROH wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:10 am
Montana wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:18 pm The crowd for the show doesn’t look that bad. Not sold out, but seems like a decent sized venue. Odd timing for the show, like others said, I hope no one gets hurt. Doesn’t look like rush or hot sauce are holding back.
Yeah, they moved some tickets at the end and the building looked as bad as I first though.
It looked pretty similar to the last show in Baltimore. The tickets shown available on Ticketmaster looked much worse. The Briscoes seem to draw a good amount of crowd at this venue. The last two shows it seemed they had two full sections of fans.
We tend to get a very strong push at the end of our Baltimore events. The Briscoes are a big part of that but we also collectively do tons of local Baltimore media on our Sinclair stations that help spread the word. Felt like slightly more than last October but I cannot confirm or deny that because I legitimately do not have that information.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The crowd looked better last night then last time I was expecting it to be lower because I kept mainly from impact fans how tickets for the show wasn't selling well I should have known better because they said the Vegas ppv and tapings but the the crowds looked great
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Probably moved a lot at the doors so people could avoid those pesky Ticketmaster fees.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:31 am The crowd looked better last night then last time I was expecting it to be lower because I kept mainly from impact fans how tickets for the show wasn't selling well I should have known better because they said the Vegas ppv and tapings but the the crowds looked great
I feel like a vast majority of your posts are you mentioning Impact fans and it's like, if you're that concerned about them, maybe stop reading what they have to say? There's no reason for that kind of negativity from them. You can like both Impact and ROH, like I do, and not be negative about either.

And yeah, Ticketmaster blows. I'm paying for my tickets to a show soon at a box office instead of there.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm just pointing out Roh fans don't do that at least from what I have seen to anyone fanbase but it's like those kind of fans have nothing better to do than comment on a company they don't watch or like to make it seem what they watch is better I guess I point out the pettiness that some fans with go through I mean for the most part this forum and fanbase is respectful to to any and everyone
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

What I'm keep hearing Joey Mercury is gaining a lot of power backstage it wouldn't surprise to see him take over creative
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

The always outspoken Bully Ray recently did an interview with Sporting News, discussing what ROH needs to do to stay ahead of the game.

"Ring of Honor, after The Garden, is going to be put under a microscope because if you go in front of 16-17,000 people, when you go to your regular live events in smaller venues, you need to make sure those smaller venues are sold out, standing room only and a line out the door to see your product," said Bully. "People are going to look at that. They're going to compare the amount of people that were at Madison Square Garden to the normal business that Ring of Honor does. Like I said, they will be under a microscope."

Bully continued, "I believe the second task that Ring of Honor has is with the creation of AEW that, for the first time, Ring of Honor will have direct competition for their fanbase because AEW fans are Ring of Honor fans. I think the thing that Ring of Honor needs to work on is identity. We've always known who they are for 17 years. Some of the best wrestlers, some of the best athletes, some of the most exciting wrestlers and matches we've seen but now they have to take the next step as they're carving out their identity. I think Ring of Honor needs to become very unpredictable. I think Ring of Honor needs to take chances that they're not used to taking. Maybe look for some talent that they wouldn't normally go after."
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ecks- ... erent-side

New Eck's Files. Here's the notes:

- No one knows who attacked Mark Haskins in Baltimore
- Rush vs. Soberano Jr. in Columbus
- Kingdom vs. Villain Enterprises for ROH 6-Man Tag Titles also in Columbus
- Haskins/Williams vs. O'Ryan/Marseglia, originally scheduled for 13th Anniversary, happening at Pittsburgh TV tapings
- Tracy Williams, Jonathan Gresham, Rhett Titus and Coast 2 Coast entering the Honor Rumble
- Nick Aldis on commentary for ladder match at MSG
- "Stadtlander, Steelz, Ortiz and Rivera are all expected to get more opportunities in WOH."
- An interview with PJ Black airs on ROH TV this weekend
- After their loss to 3S w/ Colin Delaney, " LSG and Ali left the ring separately from their partner and were overheard complaining about Delaney, who dropped the fall."
- "To prepare for the Arm-Wrestle Kingdom armwrestling tournament sponsored by the World Armwrestling League at G1 Supercard Festival of Honor on April 5, Titus has been seen backstage working out furiously with the Shake Weight. What is especially impressive is that Titus never lost his grip on the pulsating Shake Weight even though he was all lubed up with baby oil."
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

TYFDK wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:13 pm
- After their loss to 3S w/ Colin Delaney, " LSG and Ali left the ring separately from their partner and were overheard complaining about Delaney, who dropped the fall."
Sounds like a step in the direction of turning C2C heel... which seems to make as much sense as the "issues" Dalton Castle and the Boys have had.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

c2c heels with ortiz as her manager.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Given a lot of presale tickets were sold on honorclub do you think roh could have sold out msg by themselves
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This weekend, possibly.

On any other weekend? Nope.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

No.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Is anyone else getting the feeling now that aew is a thing so called Roh fans are turning on roh and moving to being fans of aew
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:28 pm Is anyone else getting the feeling now that aew is a thing so called Roh fans are turning on roh and moving to being fans of aew
We'll see once AEW actually gets up and running, but such is my theory about what will happen. Those fans bought into a cult of personality. When the personalities leave, their "fun" leaves, too, so they follow the cult leaders. That's a large part of the reason why I objected to sacrificing ROH's identity so much. It's that identity that could/should have been used to keep fans from abandoning ROH even if those fans do choose to patronize AEW as well.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

ROH is trying to have more characters and stories to try to get more fans
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Should ROH try to sign up Eli Drake?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Bully which is one of the bookers now said Roh needs to go after talent they normally go after