Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
kovs27

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by kovs27 »

I went to both Baltimore shows last year. I am not going to this one specifically because of going to Wrestlemania weekend shows. I'm sure I'm not the only person. That has to be hurting sales.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a inopportunely show , I hope nobody is injured
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

kovs27 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:57 am I went to both Baltimore shows last year. I am not going to this one specifically because of going to Wrestlemania weekend shows. I'm sure I'm not the only person. That has to be hurting sales.
SmackDown is also in Baltimore two days later, there's that too.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Yeah this show is REALLY poorly timed by ROH. I don't expect it to do well at all, and I hope it doesn't kill them using the UMBC Events Center, as that building is great.
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Maybe it wouldn't make a difference attendance wise, but I wish they booked this show like a proper go home show and not just a random house show.

I'd keep the tag title match, but think something like Lethal & Scurll versus the Kingdom would be more interesting than the three team tag that was booked. I think a In Your House: Final Four style match between Kenny King, Silas Young, Juice Robinson and Shane Taylor where elimination is by pin, submission or over the top rope would be a good preview for the Rumble while still being a good match. Have Cobb & Bandido pick up singles victories over Mark Haskins and PJ Black to build some momentum heading into their big singles matches. You can keep the random six man tag and women's tag and Rush-Hot Sauce, and I think that's just as good of a card as what they've put together while doing more to actually build to G1 Supercard.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

ROH news and notes:

A big main event has been signed for Masters of the Craft in Columbus, Ohio, on April 14, as Lethal and Jonathan Gresham will face LifeBlood’s Mark Haskins and “Hot Sauce” Tracy Williams in a 30-minute Iron Man tag match. It’s fitting that a match involving four of the most technically sound and honorable competitors in ROH headlines an event called Masters of the Craft. At last year’s Masters of the Craft in Columbus, Lethal defeated Gresham in an instant classic.

ROH officials, who have been scouting female competitors from around the globe, will be keeping a close eye on the Women of Honor triple threat tag match at Road to G1 Supercard in Baltimore between the teams of Sumie Sakai and Jenny Rose, Kris Stadtlander and Tasha Steelz, and Gabby Ortiz and Karissa Rivera

Silas Young has added incentive for his match against Haskins in Baltimore. Young has not forgotten that Haskins defeated him in Haskins’ first match in an ROH ring, at War of the Worlds in Liverpool, England in 2017, and he’s made it clear that the LifeBlood member has a target on his back. ...

Speaking of Young, “The Last Real Man in Pro Wrestling’s” Twitter rants in which he criticizes ROH officials for not booking him in a match at G1 Supercard are not sitting well with ROH management.

Veteran independent wrestler Colin Delaney, who won a couple dark matches in ROH last year and also had a good showing in a Survival of the Fittest qualifying match, will have another opportunity to impress ROH officials when he teams with Coast 2 Coast against Shinobi Shadow Squad (Cheeseburger, Eli Isom and Ryan Nova) in a six-man tag match in Baltimore. …

A former ROH World Tag Team Champion has expressed interest in returning to ROH. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him competing in an ROH ring in the near future.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

monster mafia wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am A former ROH World Tag Team Champion has expressed interest in returning to ROH. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him competing in an ROH ring in the near future.
Lots of folks this could be -- anyone know who?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Ricky Reyes, Amazing Red,Jimmy Jacobs, Matt Sydal, ????
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Zhuge1 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am
monster mafia wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:59 am A former ROH World Tag Team Champion has expressed interest in returning to ROH. It wouldn’t surprise me to see him competing in an ROH ring in the near future.
I don't follow Impact closely enough to confirm, but Matt Sydal's Wikipedia page says he's out of contract. Him or Shelley would be my guess.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Shingo?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Shingo would make sense. It would give Rush someone to tag with too.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

shingo is msg bound i think.

just put the world tittle on shingo and fuck everybody.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Low K... wait. Nope. Can't be him.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Davey Richards, lol. Then he retires again not long after returning.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

I wouldn't mind to see Sydal back
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Just a quick thought for all the impact fans hating on roh about being bigger other then YouTube roh is not far behind on the rest of the social media has someone might think given impact has more deals around the world and Roh doesn't even have a lot of internationals deals
Montana

Post by Montana »

The crowd for the show doesn’t look that bad. Not sold out, but seems like a decent sized venue. Odd timing for the show, like others said, I hope no one gets hurt. Doesn’t look like rush or hot sauce are holding back.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Really hope ROH gets Chris Brookes and Kid Lykos in for some matches, if not just Brookes teaming with Gresham. CCK is pretty underrated.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

cck for six man champs.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Montana wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:18 pm The crowd for the show doesn’t look that bad. Not sold out, but seems like a decent sized venue. Odd timing for the show, like others said, I hope no one gets hurt. Doesn’t look like rush or hot sauce are holding back.
Yeah, they moved some tickets at the end and the building looked as bad as I first though.