Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:59 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm
TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:37 am 2 of the 24 ROH world champions have written for Marvel.

CM Punk had a Drax series a few years back, amongst other things, and Christopher Daniels wrote a story for the Merry X-Men Holiday Special released earlier this month.

I might be the only one interested in that little factoid, but still.
As a struggling independent comic book writer, I'm curious, were they any good?
I got the first issue and plan to get the rest next year since I just started collecting, but I can tell you tomorrow!

And hope that just because you’re struggling doesn’t mean you’ll give up!
I'm not. Just a really difficult industry to break into. Everything about the comic book industry related to the movie Chasing Amy by Kevin Smith is 100% accurate. Thanks for the positive remark, I sincerely appreciate it.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

https://www.pwtorch.com/site/2018/12/23 ... -analysis/

Multiple sources have confirmed that Jonathan Gresham was held off the ROH TV tapings held in Philadelphia last weekend after leaving the building during Final Battle after his match with Zack Sabre Jr. Gresham was said to have been extremely upset after the match, but the main issue with him leaving the venue is that he was supposed to interfere in the semi-main event, which saw Jay Lethal successfully defend the ROH World Title against Cody Rhodes.

Gresham is currently getting the biggest push of his career with a spotlight match against Zack Sabre Jr. at Final Battle and a long-term feud with Jay Lethal that concluded with a standout MOTYC on ROH TV last September. Gresham had recently also began teaming with Lethal in tag team matches. Multiple sources tell PWTorch that Gresham is extremely difficult to work with when it comes to putting together matches and is difficult to work with. One ROH source told PWTorch he would have fired Gresham if it were up to him for leaving the building during the Final Battle PPV.

Radican’s Analysis: I was surprised to hear this news about Gresham, but when talking to various talent that has worked with Gresham and other independent promoters, Gresham has a reputation for being difficult to work with, especially when it comes to planning matches. Gresham was getting a big push in ROH and doing really well, as he had the best feud of 2018 in the company with Jay Lethal and got a spotlight singles match with Sabre at Final Battle.

There is no word on if there will be any further punishment for Gresham other than him being removed from the TV tapings in Phildelphia last weekend. Hopefully this all blows over and Gresham can continue to get a big push, as he brings something unique to the table for ROH.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

There was supposed to be f*cking interference in the title match? Delirious couldn't just have Cody do a f*cking clean job?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:08 pm There was supposed to be f*cking interference in the title match? Delirious couldn't just have Cody do a f*cking clean job?
Wonder if there was supposed to be interference from the Elite too then?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:41 pm
BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:49 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm

As a struggling independent comic book writer, I'm curious, were they any good?
He wrote a series for both Drax and Thor, Thor from what I remember didn't sell particulerly well, his writting is well rather Punk himself it felt like. Drax may have fared much better considering the length of the series. I haven't seen anything of Daniels yet,
I thought Punk's run on Drax was decent enough.
I have't read any of his Drax stuff, i'll have to give it a shot.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Gresham is still booked for Atlanta, and considering they have updated the roster for the event with Haskins and Bandido I would say he is still going to be used.

This may well be strike one and they all move on.

Red, just to say alot of the interferance stuff has generally been down to Cody's wishes, and also we don't know where the interference would have led, it could have actually fleshed out gresham's charachter and may well have got rid of the all brandy stuff in the match which would have been a good thing.

I do think it's interesting and a good thing that ROH wants to keep using SCU and not the Elite, I imagine ROH management want a clean break from the whole group and make ROH it's own again which has been disappearing more so with the Elite on board than Delirious at the helm. They probably aren't worried that SCU would have to go over in every match.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:08 pm There was supposed to be f*cking interference in the title match? Delirious couldn't just have Cody do a f*cking clean job?
All the stupid things you saw in the match with Brandi and Hangman weren't Delirious' ideas. It was all Cody this time.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Didn't know Gresham was difficult to work with. Hope everything is OK going into 2019.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh gresham... :( :(
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:51 am

Red, just to say alot of the interferance stuff has generally been down to Cody's wishes, and also we don't know where the interference would have led, it could have actually fleshed out gresham's charachter and may well have got rid of the all brandy stuff in the match which would have been a good thing.

Based on Cody's history, I highly doubt ANYTHING would get him to remove some Brandi Rhodes interference from the match.

And if the interference was Cody's insistence then 1) he never should have been given any booking power in ROH because he clearly had no understanding of what it is supposed to be, and 2) what kind of piece a crap won't put the world champion over clean on his way out?

I'm skeptical about your claims that this might have been used to "flesh out Gresham's character," but even if it was, a world title match on PPV is not the place to do such a thing.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

We will never know what the purpose was...
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wasn't the interference against Lethal? That actually makes Lethal look good for overcoming that.

We don't even know what Gresham's interference would have actually been to do? Cost Cody? Even out the interference that was on Cody's behalf? Maybe even turn on Lethal?
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I doubt the story but I hope that isn't true he a great talent. Someone stated that he had to head to the u.k. for shows
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Since Haskins won that tournament in the UK shouldn't he realistically be in line for a title shot of some sort upon his full time debut?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

dhads7161 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 am Since Haskins won that tournament in the UK shouldn't he realistically be in line for a title shot of some sort upon his full time debut?
He got it at the end of the tour
Wrestlingisback

Post by Wrestlingisback »

christopherclinton55 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:25 pm I doubt the story but I hope that isn't true he a great talent. Someone stated that he had to head to the u.k. for shows
Don’t think he headed to the U.K. but Final Battle was on the 14th, tapings were on the 15th and Gresham was on a cruise to the Bahamas (where he and Jordynne Grace got engaged)on the 16th. When you take into account the travel schedule, I imagine he was never scheduled for the tapings
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:02 am
dhads7161 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:48 am Since Haskins won that tournament in the UK shouldn't he realistically be in line for a title shot of some sort upon his full time debut?
He got it at the end of the tour
It was the best ROH World Title match since Lethal vs. Cole in the UK, and is definitely worth going out of your way to see.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Amazon and sinclair are teaming to try to buy 80% of the yes channel which is a Yankee network maybe they could put Roh on there
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Ok the Yankees are teaming with sinclair and Amazon to buy back the 80% from Disney
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Seth Rollins w/ Necro Butcher.

Can ROH bring in Necro in any on screen capacity? What a dramatic change in looks, I bet he can make something work.