Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
SandsShifter

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by SandsShifter »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:57 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:49 pm Did anyone hear when Coleman was doing a interview teasing Roh could be negotiating a cable deal
They've had a couple opportunities I'm aware of but at the end of the day it comes down to nobody in today's climate wanting to deal with SBG. One particular broadcast company went with another company.
WGN with Ring Warriors I'm guessing?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:49 pm Did anyone hear when Coleman was doing a interview teasing Roh could be negotiating a cable deal
I don't know if it's cable (can you get regional cable?) but Sinclair are in midts of bidding for a 22 regional Fox sports network, plus Sinclair could actually end up with WGN as Tribune have just been bought out by Nexstar who will be looking offload a few things with WGN being one of them. Lavi would be able to give a more detailed analysis of what could happen but that's as much as I can say right now.

Ring Warriors isn't even on WGN anymore they've just moved to Amazon prime and if you saw any of it, my word was it terrible.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Well there goes my guess on AEW's potential TV if SBG has secured WGN.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I thought wgn wanted nothing to do with sinclair
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 am I thought wgn wanted nothing to do with sinclair
WGN wouldn't have a choice in the matter I don't think they can say no to being owned by Sinclair if Nexstar are willing to do business, there aren't controlling their destiny anymore it's all up to Nexstar and what they want to do with all of these subsiduries they now own having bought Tribune.

It would be a huge win for ROH if it were too happen.

This may all not work out but I imagine they would be exploring the possiblity.
AnHonorableMention

Post by AnHonorableMention »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:01 am I thought wgn wanted nothing to do with sinclair
This is correct. Unless something has changed in the last six weeks, WGN is not happening. Nor were they the network I mentioned earlier.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

Well pop t.v. just dropped impact they could go on there if pop still wants wrestling
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Pop is worthless. Plus they're going to air AroLucha last I heard.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

If I'm roh next year goal would be getting international deals
AnHonorableMention

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:16 pm If I'm roh next year goal would be getting international deals
Personally this should have been the goal 2 years ago when the bullet club brand was not at its peak.
Captain Podcast
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

What networks could be interested in roh in the us I think if not wgn it could be pop on a barter deal since roh already gets a barter from sinclair stations
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

2 of the 24 ROH world champions have written for Marvel.

CM Punk had a Drax series a few years back, amongst other things, and Christopher Daniels wrote a story for the Merry X-Men Holiday Special released earlier this month.

I might be the only one interested in that little factoid, but still.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm
Chrisvegas27 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:16 pm If I'm roh next year goal would be getting international deals
Personally this should have been the goal 2 years ago when the bullet club brand was not at its peak.
Didn't they have some in Europe at some point?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

They have a Portugal and India deal
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:47 am They have a Portugal and India deal
I hope they take a risk and run shows in both countries and have International Cups there in 2019.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:37 am 2 of the 24 ROH world champions have written for Marvel.

CM Punk had a Drax series a few years back, amongst other things, and Christopher Daniels wrote a story for the Merry X-Men Holiday Special released earlier this month.

As a struggling independent comic book writer, I'm curious, were they any good?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:08 pm
TYFDK wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:37 am 2 of the 24 ROH world champions have written for Marvel.

He wrote a series for both Drax and Thor, Thor from what I remember didn't sell particulerly well, his writting is well rather Punk himself it felt like. Drax may have fared much better considering the length of the series. I haven't seen anything of Daniels yet,
AnHonorableMention

Big Red Machine wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:42 am
AnHonorableMention wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm
Didn't they have some in Europe at some point?
Something in France at one point for sure, no idea if that still exists or how long it lasted if it's done.
Captain Podcast
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:49 pm

He wrote a series for both Drax and Thor, Thor from what I remember didn't sell particulerly well, his writting is well rather Punk himself it felt like. Drax may have fared much better considering the length of the series. I haven't seen anything of Daniels yet,
I thought Punk's run on Drax was decent enough.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I got the first issue and plan to get the rest next year since I just started collecting, but I can tell you tomorrow!

And hope that just because you’re struggling doesn’t mean you’ll give up!