Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 am I thought the CMLL main event was pretty good. I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it but I thought it was well done and the turn caught me by surprise.
Good in ring. A lot of emotion but that end was stupid booking, IMO.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

As per Twitter it was announced at the CWFH tapings Cody will make his first title defense at the Vegas tapings against Wille Mack.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Willie Mack is awesome at least.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Did Ronnie Garvin stiff you on an autograph when you were younger? Cuz you have it out for the NWA Championship something fierce.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Possibly because it's a sad joke that represents the section of the wrestling world that is stuck in the past. It's the Jim Cornette of belts.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

willie fucking mack!
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

famicommander wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:17 pm Possibly because it's a sad joke that represents the section of the wrestling world that is stuck in the past. It's the Jim Cornette of belts.
You can't even poke fun at your seemingly irrational distain for a Championship belt in a predetermined sport.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

AlexROH wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:06 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:00 am I thought the CMLL main event was pretty good. I don't want to ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it but I thought it was well done and the turn caught me by surprise.
Good in ring. A lot of emotion but that end was stupid booking, IMO.
Since I don't regularly watch CMLL I wasn't sure what the heel/face roles were. Seeing Taven turn on someone to try to get out of getting his hair cut made sense to me in the moment. Maybe with more background I'd have felt the same way.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Alex has an advantage in CMLL since he speaks Spanish.

I speak English and very, very basic Japanese (like, a four year old could probably talk circles around me but I can at least read both common alphabets and around 100 Kanji characters).
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:23 am Alex has an advantage in CMLL since he speaks Spanish.

I speak English and very, very basic Japanese (like, a four year old could probably talk circles around me but I can at least read both common alphabets and around 100 Kanji characters).
Do you speak Botchi?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm
TYFDK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:08 am The Briscoes return to CMLL on 10/5 for the Gran Prix 2018. Joining them will be David Finlay and someone named Dark Magic (@therealfredo, whose timeline I got this info from, was unsure of who it was. Apparently wrestled in WWE and ROH.) Their four partners will be revealed later tonight.

Matt Taven will be main evening the 85th Anniversary show for CMLL teaming with Volador Jr. against Rush and Barbara Cavernario in a hair vs. hair match.
Flip Gordon joins the foreigner side, as does Michael Elgin, Okumura, and Ricky Banderas.
On the Mexico side will be Sanson, Cuatrero, Diamanté Azul, and Ultimo Guerrero. Their 4 partners will be announced next week.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Whoever did the promos from a camera perspective on Twitter with the guys because their in town for the show did the exact same camera pattern for each promo. Some crazy zoom five seconds in which I assume is to "enhance" what they say. For a second I thought I stumbled onto WWE's Twitter page.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

TYFDK wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:00 pm
TYFDK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:34 pm
TYFDK wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:08 am The Briscoes return to CMLL on 10/5 for the Gran Prix 2018. Joining them will be David Finlay and someone named Dark Magic (@therealfredo, whose timeline I got this info from, was unsure of who it was. Apparently wrestled in WWE and ROH.) Their four partners will be revealed later tonight.

Matt Taven will be main evening the 85th Anniversary show for CMLL teaming with Volador Jr. against Rush and Barbara Cavernario in a hair vs. hair match.
Flip Gordon joins the foreigner side, as does Michael Elgin, Okumura, and Ricky Banderas.
On the Mexico side will be Sanson, Cuatrero, Diamanté Azul, and Ultimo Guerrero. Their 4 partners will be announced next week.

A few things about this:

- Will now be 9v9
- Matt Taven added to international side, Volador Jr. added to Mexico side

Teams look like this:

International
- Matt Taven
- Jay Briscoe
- Mark Briscoe
- Flip Gordon
- Michael Elgin
- David Finlay
- Gilbert el Boricua
- Dark Magic
- Okumura

Mexico
- Volador Jr.
- Diamante Azul
- Sansón
- Último Guerrero
- Carístico
- Euforia
- Hechicero
- El Terrible
- El Cuatero
KL_

Post by KL_ »

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

KL_ wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:48 am Image
ROH posted an article about this exact fight, saying Woods will still be in ROH.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/josh- ... -goods-bjj
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jesus Christ this site was down forever.
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

I'm glad this is back up because that impact asylum I don't know what to think of it I tried to talk about roh in the global thread and my comment had to be approved because they don't want you talking to positively about another company on that forum at all
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Finally, back up! How's everyone doing?
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Chrisvegas27 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 pm I'm glad this is back up because that impact asylum I don't know what to think of it I tried to talk about roh in the global thread and my comment had to be approved because they don't want you talking to positively about another company on that forum at all
Is that the site where the guy running it faked his own death?
Chrisvegas27

Post by Chrisvegas27 »

No that was tna mecca lol they have a thread to talk general wrestling on impact asylum but when you post a comment you have to wait for approval for your post because they don't want to have someone on there talking positive about another company