Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
The Dragon Saga

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Looking at ticket sales for BITW and Fairfax, there are over 500 tickets left for BITW while there's less than 250 left for the taping at Fairfax. I can't recall a time when a next day TV taping outdrew a PPV but unless there's a big spike in ticket sales for BITW, Fairfax most likely will.

BITW ticket sales are very scattered too so they'll probably have to move everyone to the right of the hard cam and see how far they can stretch it over and try not to shoot or light the left hand side.
The Dragon Saga

And the Fairfax show has drawn this well without much publicity. Now they have cornered off two sides of the stands but had they done the PPV in Fairfax and loaded it like they have BITW, which for the Baltimore crowd isn't getting asses in the seats ROH would have probably liked it to in their essential "home base", I think they could have potentially sold-out Fairfax and drawn over 4,000 people. Whereas BITW at best right now might draw 3,000 - which isn't anything to sneeze at but isn't all that great.
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

They would probably be able to draw better if they switched up the cards every once in a while. Just so boring watching the same stuff from show to show. But obviously it works for them, I guess, so they're going to keep doing it. The title will probably go from Cody to Dalton to Cody to Lethal to Dalton to Cody to Dalton to Lethal to Cody. Who knows lol
The Dragon Saga

I don't think you get how this whole "pay-per-view" thing works with how they build matches.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:55 am And the Fairfax show has drawn this well without much publicity. Now they have cornered off two sides of the stands but had they done the PPV in Fairfax and loaded it like they have BITW, which for the Baltimore crowd isn't getting asses in the seats ROH would have probably liked it to in their essential "home base", I think they could have potentially sold-out Fairfax and drawn over 4,000 people. Whereas BITW at best right now might draw 3,000 - which isn't anything to sneeze at but isn't all that great.
I think 3,000 is pretty darn good considering that I don't think ROH has ever even drawn 1,000 in Baltimore before, and 3,000 would probably put it in the top five crowds of all time for ROH. I understand where you're coming from about it being ROH's "home base," but no matter where the offices ROH, NYC, Philly, and Chicago will always feel a lot more like "home base" than Baltimore.
It's great to hear that Fairfax is moving so well. Hopefully they've finally learned their lesson about not running the TV tapings in the same city as the PPV.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Bix getting a shout out on the recent TV episode was something.
The Dragon Saga

Big spike in sales for BITW tickets. There are less than 100 tickets left and it looks like there'll be over 3,000 in attendance. While the arena does seat 6,000 they'll have the floor and first level of seats pretty much full. Considering the previous record attendance in Baltimore was probably just below 1,000, this is a success for ROH. Another achievement for the year.

Fairfax ticket allocation is also pretty much gone with around 50 seats left - there are a dozen on re-sale but once the ticket is bought what do they care? That's a ticket allocation of around 2,000 sold for this show albeit in a very large arena. I think ROH would be smart to book the arena again for a PPV rather than TV. But again, there'll be over 5,000 people in attendance at ROH shows this weekend which is a great number.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

If the Briscoes go over the Bucks tonight at BITW do you think that leads to and IWGP titles match at the G1 Final if the Bucks keep the titles in San Francisco?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

dhads7161 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:32 am If the Briscoes go over the Bucks tonight at BITW do you think that leads to and IWGP titles match at the G1 Final if the Bucks keep the titles in San Francisco?
Seems reasonable, and a Bucks win there would set up for yet another rematch at DBD where they could blow things off.
The Dragon Saga

Taeler Hendrix has made an allegation that the reason she was let go from ROH was because Jay Lethal asked her to sleep with him and she said no, so he got her released. Yup. That Jay Lethal who has a very good reputation and who seems to be nothing other than a stand-up guy.

She has a reputation for being bat shit crazy and is known for being an egomaniac - two weeks ago she was posting that nobody deserved to be in the MYC more than her and that she is better than anyone else they could get for it, now shes said in a tweet that the HOT should have been called "House of Hendrix" and that Truth was also behind her release.

Obviously in today's society of these allegations, look at the whole picture. There's no evidence of this and shes coincidentally timed this right as Jay has won the ROH World title again. Unless she can provide more I'm going to assume what just about everyone else assumes on the topic - she's looking for sympathy, attention and is striking while the iron is hot and Jay's name is "in the newz" so to speak.

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/stat ... 9006514176
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

heandrix looking for attention as always.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Yeah not buying this at all. She was taken off TV because without Truth and with Lethal outgrowing his heel run she and the HOT wERE no longer needed. If she would have been better in the ring maybe she would have rang in the WOH division but she was very mediocre in that respect so that's why she's not on ROH TV.
Zhuge1

Post by Zhuge1 »

Random Thoughts/Questions:

- Why is J-Rocc doing commentary on recent Future of Honor matches?
- Is QT Marshall back to being out of the picture? Fine if he is, just odd that he showed up after being gone for a long time; had a couple of FoH matches; and then had the short-lived feud with Josh Woods.
- Coleman's Pulpit seemingly had run its course, but they added recent episodes to the YouTube channel with Silas and Punishment Martinez. Speaking of Coleman -- he had a great match with Jay Lethal and hasn't been seen since in the ring.
- I'm glad to see them continuing to use One Mean Team -- they have been one of the most frequent participants in Future of Honor matches since Ryan Nova and Eli Isom.
- Given that the title has switched back to Lethal, I wouldn't mind seeing them expand on the Scurrl - Helms story for a few shows.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

monster mafia wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 pm heandrix looking for attention as always.
Not surprised at this take at all.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:24 pm Taeler Hendrix has made an allegation that the reason she was let go from ROH was because Jay Lethal asked her to sleep with him and she said no, so he got her released. Yup. That Jay Lethal who has a very good reputation and who seems to be nothing other than a stand-up guy.

She has a reputation for being bat shit crazy and is known for being an egomaniac - two weeks ago she was posting that nobody deserved to be in the MYC more than her and that she is better than anyone else they could get for it, now shes said in a tweet that the HOT should have been called "House of Hendrix" and that Truth was also behind her release.

Obviously in today's society of these allegations, look at the whole picture. There's no evidence of this and shes coincidentally timed this right as Jay has won the ROH World title again. Unless she can provide more I'm going to assume what just about everyone else assumes on the topic - she's looking for sympathy, attention and is striking while the iron is hot and Jay's name is "in the newz" so to speak.

https://twitter.com/Taeler_Hendrix/stat ... 9006514176
Yep, it is unthinkable that Sinclair owned ROH has a history of sexual exploitation. Truth Martini completely disappered from Wrestling overnight just because. Just that simple.
The Dragon Saga

You like to say this now but made NO reference to it previously. In fact I recall you alleging that Martini and Delirious had a falling out and that Truth left because he didn't like his creative direction.

I'm 100% sticking to the fact you were totally clueless about any of this and are now putting your spin on it. I mentioned in the previous thread that someone on Reddit has linked to a response you have made saying shes made these accusations before and that someone should use a search function to find them yet nobody can find anything. Why was she teasing she could return last November? If you have examples produce them. Back up something you say for once.

No doubt you'll wait anxiously for Meltzer to address it and make some snide marks if he doesn't because there's almost no info or background to the claims coming from someone who is obviously very emotional.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 am You like to say this now but made NO reference to it previously. In fact I recall you alleging that Martini and Delirious had a falling out and that Truth left because he didn't like his creative direction.

I'm 100% sticking to the fact you were totally clueless about any of this and are now putting your spin on it. I mentioned in the previous thread that someone on Reddit has linked to a response you have made saying shes made these accusations before and that someone should use a search function to find them yet nobody can find anything. Why was she teasing she could return last November? If you have examples produce them. Back up something you say for once.

No doubt you'll wait anxiously for Meltzer to address it and make some snide marks if he doesn't because there's almost no info or background to the claims coming from someone who is obviously very emotional.
a) information is sensitive, how and if it should be relayed receives a lot of labor
b) a lot of new, vital information may have found more broadcast during the past 24 hours
c) you've purposefully inflated and misreported ROH attendance numbers here, and I just have to point that out again because I'm very shaky on how keen you are toward ethics
d) I'm having less and less faith here that you aren't being misogynistic for the sake of it
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

The Dragon Saga wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:28 am You like to say this now but made NO reference to it previously. In fact I recall you alleging that Martini and Delirious had a falling out and that Truth left because he didn't like his creative direction.
Link or withdraw this claim.

Simply makes no sense whatsoever. Huge reach.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

rovert1 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 am
monster mafia wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:32 pm heandrix looking for attention as always.
Not surprised at this take at all.
look who is here...give us the scoop of this news..lets go.
rovert1

Post by rovert1 »

When you write in full sentences.