Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

If he wins it they need to be there for his celebration at the post Final Battle tv taping.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

The Boys will most likely reemerge for Castle's Final Battle entrance. There still there, but were taken out by Cody in the UK.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Remember the storyline with Silas taking control of The Boys? The way Kevin Kelly yelled, "What's Silas Young going to do with those boys!" made Silas seem like a chomo.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I can see either Castle or Cody bringing the boys out in the case they were put in. If they are in the case I hope they get out of it without falling over.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dhads7161 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:14 pm If he wins it they need to be there for his celebration at the post Final Battle tv taping.
If you're going to bring The Boys back, this would be the time I guess. I personally like the no nonsense Castle right now. I get it, The Boys are part of his character, but they have been played out to me a long time ago.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So nothing's been said yet, but I'm sure we're getting a Top Prospect Tournament in 2018. Who would everyone like to see in it?

I'm watching the Beyond Wrestling pre-game show and Josh Briggs is a guy who should be given a look. MJF is also someone who should get in.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

TYFDK wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:41 am So nothing's been said yet, but I'm sure we're getting a Top Prospect Tournament in 2018. Who would everyone like to see in it?

I'm watching the Beyond Wrestling pre-game show and Josh Briggs is a guy who should be given a look. MJF is also someone who should get in.
Bringing in MJF without Stoke would pick at my soul.

You can probably look at their Future of Honor playlist to come up with a realistic sense of whom ROH will probably showcase: one or both of the Carnies, Howie Timberche, Cauliflower Jadrool/Lemon Party, Derek Neal (who seems great), and hopefully more of the Glory Pro roster, namely Myron Reed.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Funny to see Cody on Twitter asking a fan to remove the Confederate flag from his avatar... I hope neither of The Briscoe brother read that hahaha.
thebrettclark

Post by thebrettclark »

I’d second Josh Briggs and would add names such as Sage Phillips, Mance Warner, Myron Reed, Gary Jay and Donovan Danehausen for the TPT.

Sign The Carnies and bring back Curt Stallion too. I’d also like to see some Anthony Henry if he’s not locked down to Evolve.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

great names guys but remember the Tryout camp... :lol: :?

they need to examine the scene and look beyond the camp.

plus: bring back curt stalion and put myron reed on the tpt.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I have very little idea about TV in the USA, so, can anybody explain me how big is this channel and in which newers markets will ROH enter with this relationship?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

by wikipedia...it looks like a huge get for roh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_(sports_network)
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Unless I’m mistaken, Stadium also streams their channel live on Twitter.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:10 pm by wikipedia...it looks like a huge get for roh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadium_(sports_network)
It's co-owned by a company called Silver Chalice and good ol' Sinclair. Over-the-air TV market coverage is the same, the program is just now available through this new OTT sports service.

Hopefully Stadium can stream at a better bitrate than ROH's home website.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This is another good get for ROH. It will air on their web feed, iOS app, Android app, Pluto TV feed, and of course their actual TV feed.

If and when the Tribune merger goes through, ROH will be in more homes via over the air TV than WWE reaches via cable. WGN would just be icing on the cake.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

OMG (via PWSheet):
The Young Bucks and Cody Rhodes are planning something big for 2018. Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the Bullet Club members are in talks with multiple venues to put on a 10,000 seat event.

As you may recall,The Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer tweeted earlier this year saying ROH wouldn’t sell out a 10K seat show “any time soon” and Cody responded saying he’d “take that bet.”

Sources tell us the wrestler has been dedicated to making it happen since, so the trio recently decided to take things into their own hands by self-financing the event — which is tentatively being called “All In” — and things have been rapidly progressing the past few weeks towards an official announcement.

Cody tweeted a photo last weekend showing the group on a scouting mission with Marty Scurll.

We’re told the current front-runner locations for the show are Chicago, London, San Francisco and Ontario, California (where Bullet Club’s WWE invasion took place).

Our sources say Matt Jackson, Nick Jackson and Rhodes are looking to partner with ROH, who they have exclusive domestic contracts with, but it’s unclear if an official deal has been worked out yet.

Cody’s “Spend it Now, Make More Later” catchphrase has never been more appropriate.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

That's amazing, and I'm very glad to see those three are this committed to making ROH work.

2018 is going to be the biggest year for ROH yet. More TV, streaming service, new website, bigger venues.

Honestly, with the exception of Omega or maybe Tama, the ROH side of Bullet Club is way more over than the NJPW side. Cody, the Bucks, Page, and Scurll are all orders of magnitude more over than Fale, Tanga Loa, Leo Tonga, Yujiro Takahashi, or Chase Owens.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

OFFICIAL:

On December 8th, at RPW's Uprising 2018, Cody will defend the ROH World Title against Jay Lethal.

This is, I'd say, the second time the world title has been defended in RPW. The first one was Lethal vs Haskins back at High Stakes 2016.
It has been agreed with ROH officials that Cody will make one final defense of his ROH gold on his journey to Final Battle.

In a world championship clash which will have huge ramifications for ROH’s biggest show of the year Cody will put his gold on the line against ROH’s franchise and former heavyweight Champion Jay Lethal at Friday December 8th’s ‘Uprising’.

To ensure that Dalton Castle gets his contracted championship match at Final Battle, should Lethal be victorious then two scheduled matches would become one as the Final Battle main event would turn into a 4 way.

Such a match would create history as not only would Castle get his shot, but it would also mark Lethal’s first defense, Cody’s re-match and perhaps most interestingly Cody’s Bullet Club stablemate ‘The Villain’ Marty Scurll’s first ever shot at the ROH World Title.

York Hall, Bethnal Green is a very important place for the ROH World Title, it was in this very venue that the ROH gold became a recognized world championship after Samoa Joe defended his belt against The Zebra Kid, Roy Knight in 2003.

The two subsequent title matches in that very building have featured Jay Lethal, once as champion in a successful defense against Mark Haskins at Revolution Pro Wrestling at High Stakes 2015 and once as challenger against Adam Cole during ROH’s Reach For The Sky Tour in November 2016, on Friday December 8th another important chapter in the championships history will be written between the historic walls of UK’s most iconic combat sports venue as Cody & Lethal will go to war again!
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I'd hope ROH partners with them. Might as well, right? Also, "All In" is a good name. Cody commented on the story and said he couldn't say much about it, and ended the tweet with 'dare to Dream,' which would also be a good name.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

TYFDK wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:01 am I'd hope ROH partners with them. Might as well, right? Also, "All In" is a good name. Cody commented on the story and said he couldn't say much about it, and ended the tweet with 'dare to Dream,' which would also be a good name.
Given that they have exclusive domestic contracts with ROH, I would assume it's a safe bet they will be doing this.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld