Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by dhads7161 »

Batista thread :lol:
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

famicommander wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:50 am
kovs27 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am I don't think IMPACT sending the olive branch to other companies is a bad thing. At the least getting back on a good page with ROH and NJPW is a good thing for everyone. That doesn't mean they have to work together today or tomorrow but down the road is a nice option to have. ROH being on the Fite App already has means there is a relationship.
First of all, Fite has nothing to do with Impact. Anthem owns Fight Network, not Fite TV.

Fight Network does broadcast ROH TV in Canada but that's the extent of it.

If Impact wanted to work with ROH they probably shouldn't have sent those legal threats regarding the Broken Hardys. They got an ROH PPV pulled from some cable providers with their bullshit.

Impact is a sinking ship. There is absolutely nothing ROH could gain from working with them at this point.

The only reason Impact wants to mend fences is because they are desperate. Anthem just fired all the journalists from Fight Network and the entire channel could end up dead due to sunk costs on Impact.
I don't know why I thought they were the same company. I guess Fight and Fite being so similar.

I'm not saying ROH should work with IMPACT. My argument is it's okay to be on good terms. It's better for the wrestling industry that companies have open line of communication. By no means am I saying Impact and ROH should be trading talent tomorrow and doing interpromotional shows. IMPACT has nothing to offer ROH today.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

NJPW has just announced another USA show for 2018:

NJPW Strong Style Evolved - March 25th
Walter Pyramid (Long Beach)

It is a 5.000 seat building.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Maybe ROH isn't in the title picture in ROH, but now he's IWGP Jr. Champ!

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Cody Rhodes vs Kota Ibushi for the ROH World Title at WK 12:

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

damn....so they spoiled us the result of the final battle main event?

i would like to see ibushi back in us for roh.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Not necessarily, Dalton can still win the Championship and they can announce that Dalton is defending the Championship against Ibushi at Final Battle. Or they could do a triple threat, New Japan does triple threats right?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

WebConn wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:06 am Not necessarily, Dalton can still win the Championship and they can announce that Dalton is defending the Championship against Ibushi at Final Battle. Or they could do a triple threat, New Japan does triple threats right?
Singles triple threats are VERY rare. And with the Jr. Heavyweight match being a FFW, I doubt they would do a triple threat on the same show.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I think they are missing the boat if they don't put the strap on Dalton, I mean that too. He's a homegrown ROH guy, he's over the ROH audience love him and I think he's ready for a run. Plus Dalton would get over in Japan and him a Ibushi would tear the house down. So would Cody and Ibushi but you get what i'm saying.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

WebConn wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am I think they are missing the boat if they don't put the strap on Dalton, I mean that too. He's a homegrown ROH guy, he's over the ROH audience love him and I think he's ready for a run. Plus Dalton would get over in Japan and him a Ibushi would tear the house down. So would Cody and Ibushi but you get what i'm saying.
I think so too, but I can see some merit, financially at least, if they can get Aries and PAC and Bryan, in Cody title matches against them.

Dalton really SHOULD win at Final Battle, don't get me wrong. I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate here.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

It is ROH's title...if ROH wanta to give Dalton the title at FB, NJPW should have no qualms about letting it be a triple threat.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

SandsShifter wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:08 pmI think so too, but I can see some merit, financially at least, if they can get Aries and PAC and Bryan, in Cody title matches against them.

Dalton really SHOULD win at Final Battle, don't get me wrong. I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate here.
He's Cody Rhodes, him vs. any of those guys isn't a dream match or a bigger deal than Dalton vs. them. Those guys coming back is the draw, not a boring ass match with Cody fucking Rhodes.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

The only issue I'd have with Dalton winning the title is I've really come to dislike these short reigns. The Reigns of Elgin, O'Reilly, Cole III, Daniels have really turned me off to ROH. Sure there were circumstances beyond the company's control with Elgin but that O'Reilly reign was mentally retarded and Daniels reigns was so uninspiring after the awesome win. Dalton winning it though would be so fulfilling as I don't think there are any fans of ROH from the hardest of hardcore to Johnny Casual who doesn't like Dalton and would welcome him so much as champion. Then again if Jericho does get brought in there may be more money to be made with him feuding over the title with Cody who does have more of a casual following than Dalton and with the larger venues ROH is attempting to run Cody would be the better choice on paper to be champion.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Castle is winning the title at Final Battle. It's not that I don't think he should win it, but I feel Delirious and Koff have overestimated Cody's value and are perfectly content keeping the title on him for the long run.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Castle is winning the title at Final Battle. It's not that I don't think he should win it, but I feel Delirious and Koff have overestimated Cody's value and are perfectly content keeping the title on him for the long run.
I really hope you are wrong about that. I just can't fathom a scenerio that Dalton doesn't win at Final Battle. Plus Cody vs. Ibushi doesn't need a belt involved anyway. If Ibushi was going to get a ROH title shot I'd rather it be in North America. It would feel a lot more special.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what about ibushi winning the tittle at wk?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:11 pm
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm I don't think it's a forgone conclusion that Castle is winning the title at Final Battle. It's not that I don't think he should win it, but I feel Delirious and Koff have overestimated Cody's value and are perfectly content keeping the title on him for the long run.
I really hope you are wrong about that. I just can't fathom a scenerio that Dalton doesn't win at Final Battle. Plus Cody vs. Ibushi doesn't need a belt involved anyway. If Ibushi was going to get a ROH title shot I'd rather it be in North America. It would feel a lot more special.
Believe me, I hope I am wrong too. Cody's title matches have been shit to average at best. He hasn't done anything to elevate his matches to a must see. Castle I can see having a more inspiring reign at least.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Cody/Ibushi strongly, strongly suggests that Cody is retaining at Final Battle. That angle being filmed with the championship belt in frame practically secures the bout under title stipulations.

To recap ROH's World Title matches at the Dome: wasting a SOTF winner, a title change that nullifies two years of booking, and a match that spoils the Final Battle main event. Get these matches off Wrestle Kingdom.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BUT THE PRESTIGE OF WORKING THOSE MATCHES AT THE DOME IN FRONT OF A DISINTERESTED CROWD!!!
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

ROH has repeatedly advertised matches in its history with a title on the line and then the title switches hands before said match.

This means nothing for the result of Final Battle. Literally, zero.