Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

KL_ wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:22 pm Ray Rowe engaged

I dnid't know they were dating, but if I did, this is exactly what I would have expected their proposal to look like. My assumption is that they live together in a log cabin that they built in the middle of the woods, and hunt or forage their food for all meals.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I picture them as more road warrior types, attacking unsuspecting station wagons on the highway in a dune buggy with a harpoon gun mounted on top.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

kovs27 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am lio rush: good wrestler, dumb person.
I knw this is the Random Thoughts thread but that was really random. Did he say or do something stupid?
he wrote this about emma release and everybody in nxt and wwe are angry

https://411mania.com/wrestling/lio-rush-emma-negative/
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

It's no secret he's an over confident dickhead. I still attest that him leaving ROH wasn't that big a loss in the end.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

im agree...i think now after all this time lio rush was not a big loss for roh...

a big loss? dijak and keith lee
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I can't believe they let Keith Lee go.

ROH could just put the TV Championship on Gresham and have him put on 15-20 clinics.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:01 pm
kovs27 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 pm
monster mafia wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am lio rush: good wrestler, dumb person.
I knw this is the Random Thoughts thread but that was really random. Did he say or do something stupid?
he wrote this about emma release and everybody in nxt and wwe are angry

https://411mania.com/wrestling/lio-rush-emma-negative/
Thank you. Coming from someone his positon, not a smart move by Lio.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

You do wonder what goes through peoples heads sometimes, even at a young age. The appology then just made it worse.

The amount of obvious sub tweeting was great I have to say.

It wouldn't surprise me if he has been in this situation before and not learnt from it, I wonder if this will be the time.

It was interesting how some of the higher ups stood up for him.

If ROH wanted something different for their shows, and general feel for the company having the Pure title back would be great, wether or not the current fan base could accept it would be another thing. Personally I loved the matches and talents involved, became a big fan of John Walters during that time. Having it as a lower title would be a good idea, especially for someone like Gresham, it could also bring in an audience for those who like a more techincal style which has been missing from ROH as a whole.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I can't believe it didn't hit me until now, but Bryan Danielson was the last Pure Champion.

If he really does come back, that would be the perfect way to bring back the belt and whomever eventually pinned him for it would get the biggest boost imaginable.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I was watching some random stuff on HSWN and I found a Cody vs O'Reilly match from DEFY Wrestling from June. Man, really loved that match. One of the finnest performances Cody has had on the indies (with their matches with Lethal, Okada, Bad Bones and Riddle).

He was able to work as a babyface. He had a 20 minutes match and yeah, you know, O'Reilly is great, but Cody did a great job too. Good limbwork, selling and timming. I wish ROH would book him in these kind of matches, with no interferences of bullshit at the beginning. He can really have cool matches. Not amazing or anything like that, but really cool matches.

- Cody Rhodes vs Kyle O'Reilly - DEFY4 Gigantic: Night One ⭐⭐⭐3/4 - ⭐⭐⭐⭐

(I've found the match on YouTube, so anyone can watch it --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofw9zCPEmlg)
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Also of note in regard to Callis: When Impact management visited Pro Wrestling NOAH a few weeks back, they made a visit to one of the New Japan events and while there, Scott D'Amore addressed the NJPW locker room and told them Impact would love to work with New Japan again and specifically mentioned Callis was coming to work for Impact. D'Amore also, during that same meeting, specifically apologized to IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada for how he was used in TNA years ago. At the time, Okada was booked to dress like Kato from The Green Hornet and play Samoa Joe's lackey. It was not good, and it looked even worse when Okada returned to NJPW and exploded into one of the best workers in the world overnight. We are told that New Japan already have two potential replacements in mind as an announcer if/when Callis does depart. We were also told New Japan is quite aware how badly Impact wants to work with them but NJPW is still focused on working with Ring of Honor.
Impact showed up groveling on NJPW's doorstep, got sent away like a drunk ex at 3:30 AM.

Now they have to go home and get back into bed with NOAH and AAA.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pm
Also of note in regard to Callis: When Impact management visited Pro Wrestling NOAH a few weeks back, they made a visit to one of the New Japan events and while there, Scott D'Amore addressed the NJPW locker room and told them Impact would love to work with New Japan again and specifically mentioned Callis was coming to work for Impact. D'Amore also, during that same meeting, specifically apologized to IWGP champion Kazuchika Okada for how he was used in TNA years ago. At the time, Okada was booked to dress like Kato from The Green Hornet and play Samoa Joe's lackey. It was not good, and it looked even worse when Okada returned to NJPW and exploded into one of the best workers in the world overnight. We are told that New Japan already have two potential replacements in mind as an announcer if/when Callis does depart. We were also told New Japan is quite aware how badly Impact wants to work with them but NJPW is still focused on working with Ring of Honor.
Impact showed up groveling on NJPW's doorstep, got sent away like a drunk ex at 3:30 AM.

Now they want to start a relationship with ROH ahahahah, or thats what WON said today. You gotta love LOLTNA.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

If ROH didn't want to work with them when both shows were airing back to back on Destination America, I see no reason ROH would want to now.

And Impact has to know that working with ROH and NJPW means they'd have to drop NOAH and AAA, right? Because I don't see CMLL being happy about a company working with AAA.
The Dragon Saga

Jesus H. Christ!

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/rep ... ring-honor
According to sources, iMPACT! Wrestling wants to work with Ring of Honor again. There were talks that the two sides were going to work together many months ago and a deal was worked out to feature a lengthy Hardy Boys vs. Young Bucks program. Of course, The Hardys wound up leaving iMPACT! Wrestling and that was followed by a host of legal issues, including iMPACT sending them a cease and desist letter. That letter caused the Dish Network to pull the ROH pay-per-view featuring The Hardys vs. Young Bucks at the very last minute.

iMPACT! Wrestling creative team member Sonjay Dutt and Ring of Honor booker Hunter “Delerious” Johnson are said to have a good relationship.
They stink of desperation. Like that guy who constantly stabs people in the back and wonders why nobody normal wants to be his friend.

I'll give Impact two pieces of advice

a) Fuck off.

b) Give Gabe a call. Two irrelevant struggling promotions coming together to form one larger irrelevant, struggling promotion would be entertainment in my eyes.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:05 pm

Hey man, apologizing for Vince Russo's booking decisions is a full time job.
kovs27

Post by kovs27 »

I don't think IMPACT sending the olive branch to other companies is a bad thing. At the least getting back on a good page with ROH and NJPW is a good thing for everyone. That doesn't mean they have to work together today or tomorrow but down the road is a nice option to have. ROH being on the Fite App already has means there is a relationship.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

fuck tna
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

kovs27 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:44 am I don't think IMPACT sending the olive branch to other companies is a bad thing. At the least getting back on a good page with ROH and NJPW is a good thing for everyone. That doesn't mean they have to work together today or tomorrow but down the road is a nice option to have. ROH being on the Fite App already has means there is a relationship.
First of all, Fite has nothing to do with Impact. Anthem owns Fight Network, not Fite TV.

Fight Network does broadcast ROH TV in Canada but that's the extent of it.

If Impact wanted to work with ROH they probably shouldn't have sent those legal threats regarding the Broken Hardys. They got an ROH PPV pulled from some cable providers with their bullshit.

Impact is a sinking ship. There is absolutely nothing ROH could gain from working with them at this point.

The only reason Impact wants to mend fences is because they are desperate. Anthem just fired all the journalists from Fight Network and the entire channel could end up dead due to sunk costs on Impact.
The Dragon Saga

Not to mention Impact's business model makes zero sense.

Their about to do a PPV and five nights of TV tapings all back-to-back. Whether the PPV sells out or not becomes irrelevant if the rest of those days don't make money, which to do, they need good crowds.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:06 am fuck tna
Between this and yesterday's Batista thread, I'm worried that I time warped into 2007. Punching down something while its at its most vulnerable is as toothless as anything I can imagine. Really, I just have sympathy for those involved with Impact/TNAright now. Apparently, the shows are still managing to be okay, despite all their troubles.