Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

ROH's website has improved a lot. They even have weekly reports for the TV show. Great work with that, almost everyday they update the site (as they should have done way before).

Funny thing is that the Code of Honor now is just shaking hands before and after matches if you want. Bc, you know, it would make sense to put you cannot attack officials or have interferences when Delirious booker these type of things in every match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Flip Gordon will team with Volador Jr. and Caristico (the original Sin Cara) to face Mephisto, Ultimo Guerrero, and Kojiima at CMLL's 84th Anniversary Show
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Brutal Bob should seriously be the color commentator.

Colt Cabana is fantastic but I, like many of you, would rather see Colt in the ring. And then we wouldn't get a jarring, rotating cast of replacements every time Colt wrestles for ROH or takes an indie booking.

Whitmer has been bad on commentary

Scurll was pretty bad this week.

Brutal Bob is knowledgeable, he's well spoken, it's not like he's going to be busy and miss dates, etc.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

Ian, Colt and Bob are fun as a 3 man team during the top prospect tournament matches. Why not make the 3 man team of Ian, Bob and Colt permanent?
Rich of Honor

Post by Rich of Honor »

TYFDK wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am Flip Gordon will team with Volador Jr. and Caristico (the original Sin Cara) to face Mephisto, Ultimo Guerrero, and Kojiima at CMLL's 84th Anniversary Show
I'm really looking forward to see this match. I think Gordon's style will mesh nicely with the guys in this match and the crowd will appreciate what he's able to do.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am Ian, Colt and Bob are fun as a 3 man team during the top prospect tournament matches. Why not make the 3 man team of Ian, Bob and Colt permanent?
I hate the three man team as a regular thing. It works when you're selling a specific angle or using one to translate from another language but otherwise give me the two man booth all day.

And, again, I'd rather have Colt Cabana in the ring.
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I enjoy a 3 man booth I think they can work when you have the right people.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 am
WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:24 am Ian, Colt and Bob are fun as a 3 man team during the top prospect tournament matches. Why not make the 3 man team of Ian, Bob and Colt permanent?
I hate the three man team as a regular thing. It works when you're selling a specific angle or using one to translate from another language but otherwise give me the two man booth all day.

And, again, I'd rather have Colt Cabana in the ring.
All of this. A three man booth is just too much talking going on, and there are rarely three announcers' worth of points to be made about any given angle.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

This week's Throwback Thursday is a hidden gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jbf7l5 ... e=youtu.be

I've read some completionists (Big Red Machine and McXal) saying that, despite this sow beign one of the worst they've ever produced, this match is really worth your time.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 am This week's Throwback Thursday is a hidden gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jbf7l5 ... e=youtu.be

I've read some completionists (Big Red Machine and McXal) saying that, despite this sow beign one of the worst they've ever produced, this match is really worth your time.
Actually what I said was that a lot of people think it is one of the worst, but I, personally, don't. It's definitely not one of ROH''s best (or even in the top half) but both this match and the main event (AOTF vs. Go & Marufuji), and there are some moments on the show that are either important to the storylines at the time (particularly with Rhett, Daizee, and Delirious), or nice ways to wrap up storylines of the past (like Aries and Shelley finally burying the hatchet).
maxx_powerz

Post by maxx_powerz »

Considering tonight's sad news, Strong & Evans w/ Cornette vs Cabana & Jacobs w/ Bobby would be a good choice for a Throwback Thursday.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AlexROH wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:00 am Briscoes are going to wXw's World Tag League this October. Plus, they're going on August to WCPW. First time the Briscoes have been in Europe, not for a ROH show, since 2011. Cool to see if this means they're going to take more bookings or maybe they'll be freelancers, idk.

For The Briscoes fans: wXw announced the blocks for the Tag League. Mark & Jay will face 3 greats teams in what would be a hell of a weekend for them:

- The Rottweilers (Low Ki & Homicide)
- RIngkampf (WALTER & Timothy Thatcher)
- EYFB (current GFW/Impact Wrestling tags champions).

The Briscoes had been so regular in ROH that I stopped thinking about dream matches for them.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Wow, those all sound damn good. Jay and WALTER pulverizing each other sounds like a delight.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Could be that ROH and wXw are going to start working together. They're the only NJPW partner that ROH doesn't work with (the others being CMLL and RevPro)
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

famicommander wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 am Could be that ROH and wXw are going to start working together. They're the only NJPW partner that ROH doesn't work with (the others being CMLL and RevPro)
NJPW hardly ever uses his partnership with wXw. The Briscoes thing is just an external book. I mean, they are free to accept booking outside Europe, that's why they worked with WCPW, RPW and wXw this year.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

It may have been a double pin in a 2/3 falls six man tag team match, but Flip Gordon still scored the deciding pinfall against Ultimo Guerrero at the CMLL 84th Anniversary Show.

That's a pretty big feather in the cap for a guy who made his pro debut in March 2015.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Chris Jericho will host a cruise trip with live music, podcasts and wrestling! ROH has now confirmed that they'll host an outside 12-men tournament in the cruise!

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 2043676678
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

If Ashley Remington isn't one of the participants in the Sea of Honor Tournament then they are dumb as fuck.
Big Red Machine

AlexROH wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:54 am Chris Jericho will host a cruise trip with live music, podcasts and wrestling! ROH has now confirmed that they'll host an outside 12-men tournament in the cruise!

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 2043676678
This seems like something that should be bigger news, as it will probably make WWE rather unhappy with Jericho.
Big Red Machine

WebConn wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:59 am If Ashley Remington isn't one of the participants in the Sea of Honor Tournament then they are dumb as fuck.
Alas, Bobby Fish has left us.