Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Cody won't be at the G1 Climax. So, yeah, he's going to win the World Title this Friday...

Participants for the G1, as usual, no ROH talent:

- Hiroshi Tanahashi
- Togi Makabe
- Michael Elgin
- Kazuchika Okada
- Hirooki Goto
- Tomohiro Ishii
- Toru Yano
- YOSHI-HASHI
- Kenny Omega
- Bad Luck Fale
- Tama Tonga
- Tetsuya Naito
- SANADA
- Yuji Nagata
- EVIL
- Satoshi Kojima
- Juice Robinson
- Minoru Suzuki
- Zack Sabre Jr.
- Kota Ibushi
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lets go cody :lol: :lol:
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

So after he said he would be in it, all of a sudden he won't be?

Jesus, I wonder if he actually will beat Okada.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Marty-Cole Street Fight is now on VOD (1,50$). Good match! I liked as much as their SCOH battle. However, I thought the first and only 3 times champs would have a better farewell. Just a short promo (2 minutes) and a hug with Cary and Cruise.

[Philly Street Fight] Adam Cole vs Marty Scurll ⭐️⭐️⭐️1/2+
alexsmellzzz

Post by alexsmellzzz »

I don't know, I definitely think Lio is more polished than Dragon Lee. Dragon Lee does really wild stuff, but Rush has overall more complete matches, has more experience wrestling in the US working a modern non-lucha style. If WWE were going to be interested in one of them, I 100% believe they'd take Lio Rush over Dragon Lee. I think you guys favor Lee because he does a little bit crazier stuff. But Rush has stolen the show every time I've seen him live (which is atleast 4 or 5 times).

And Dragon Lee is somebody who like, had a GOOD match with Ospreay, but I think if he was THAT good, as good as you guys were saying, then that match would have been a lot better. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Who cares what WWE thinks? Those idiots have Jinder Mahal as a world champ with Baron Corbin having a title shot in hand.

Corbin just went over in a match that also included AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Steen, and El Generico.

So obviously in-ring prowess is not something that WWE cares about. Or if they do care, they seem to be awful at evaluating it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I consider the notion of Lio Rush being more polished than Dragon Lee at this point to be pretty absurd. Rush excels as a high flyer and he has the tools to do everything else, but he has not put it all together into a complete package yet. Lee can fly, he can strike, he can wrestle on the mat, he can execute throws, he can counter, etc. And he has a much better sense of timing and psychology.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

famicommander wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:43 am Who cares what WWE thinks? Those idiots have Jinder Mahal as a world champ with Baron Corbin having a title shot in hand.

Corbin just went over in a match that also included AJ Styles, Shinsuke Nakamura, Kevin Steen, and El Generico.

So obviously in-ring prowess is not something that WWE cares about. Or if they do care, they seem to be awful at evaluating it.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I consider the notion of Lio Rush being more polished than Dragon Lee at this point to be pretty absurd. Rush excels as a high flyer and he has the tools to do everything else, but he has not put it all together into a complete package yet. Lee can fly, he can strike, he can wrestle on the mat, he can execute throws, he can counter, etc. And he has a much better sense of timing and psychology.
I disagree. I don't watch much Lucha, so my only exposure to Dragon Lee has been ROH and New Japan, but his matches all seem to be build around doing some really big spot and then both guys sell for a while, over and over. I like his matches, but I think Rush has better psychology and better mat-work, and, due to the way he uses his size, often has matches that feel very different from what I could get from anyone else, whereas Dragon Lee, Hirumo, Ospreay and Volador Jr. all seem to be pretty interchangeable.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I think Jay Lethal's nickname is stupid. Shouldn't he claiming to be the absolute best wrestler in the world, not just the best first-generation wrestler in the world?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:28 am I think Jay Lethal's nickname is stupid. Shouldn't he claiming to be the absolute best wrestler in the world, not just the best first-generation wrestler in the world?
I still remember when he was World Champ and everybody chanted him "Best in the World" after his matches. I loved his reign, but he wasn't at BITW level.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Yes he was.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I bought Steve Corino's DVD and I've just finished the 2 Hour interview. Awesome interview! Steve is such an awesome guy, inside and outside the ring. Very interesting conversation with some funny moments, specially in the last 25 minutes and a lot of good stories. Worth the price and highly recommended!
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

Daniels and Kazarian wrestle each other in Episode 5 of the new GLOW series on Netflix.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The more I watch Keith Lee wrestling, the more I hate Delirious. Who in the hell did he think that Shane Taylor was the better man?
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

AlexROH wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 am The more I watch Keith Lee wrestling, the more I hate Delirious. Who in the hell did he think that Shane Taylor was the better man?
Where did this rumor even come from? Keith confirmed that he and Shane were both offered contracts at the same time because ROH wanted them as a tag team. Shane signed while Keith was promised a main event singles push by Gabe.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

YimYac wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:18 pm
AlexROH wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:34 am The more I watch Keith Lee wrestling, the more I hate Delirious. Who in the hell did he think that Shane Taylor was the better man?
Where did this rumor even come from? Keith confirmed that he and Shane were both offered contracts at the same time because ROH wanted them as a tag team. Shane signed while Keith was promised a main event singles push by Gabe.
PWTorch said that Delirious thought that Taylor was more prepared for TV than Lee. Plus, I don't know why ROH did offer a singles contract to Lee, he's a star.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

but roh offered lee a contract..and he chooses evolve.

they destroy the briscoes before lee turn down the offer..maybe a tag team reign was prepared for pbk.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I remember reading that both Lee and Taylor were offered at the same time, and both intended to sign before Gabe swooped in at the last minutes to sign Lee for singles.

I don't think they would have signed Taylor if they didn't think Lee was coming too

To Taylor's credit, he has seemingly lost a lot of weight. I wonder what is next for him after the Rebellion lost that loser disbands match.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

famicommander wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:50 pm I remember reading that both Lee and Taylor were offered at the same time, and both intended to sign before Gabe swooped in at the last minutes to sign Lee for singles.

I don't think they would have signed Taylor if they didn't think Lee was coming too

To Taylor's credit, he has seemingly lost a lot of weight. I wonder what is next for him after the Rebellion lost that loser disbands match.
American Fale?
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

He's easily more athletic than Fale if you mean just working "big man" matches.

Or did you mean he should actually join Bullet Club?

That could be interesting, actually. Have him around to interfere in Young Bucks/Page/Rhodes/Scurll matches.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

This is sort of off topic, but with what's been happening in WWE and this gong show of a PPV Jeff Jarrett is promoting, I'm still grateful to have even Delirious's tired ass in charge of ROH.

Because at least he isn't booking LeVar Ball, the mayor of Orlando, Jeremy Borash vs Josh Mathews, DeAngelo Williams, and Jinder Mahal as champ.

It's a low ass bar, but damn. I'd rather watch Vince Russo WCW than any of that noise (I just threw up in my mouth writing that).