Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:52 am

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:The Young Bucks making the SuperKick Party titles is fucking dumb. I hate the whole "Let's create our own titles" gimmick. I hated it with Taz and the FTW title. I hated it when Jay Briscoe created his own world title. The only time I liked this is when Ted DiBiase did it with the Million Dollar Belt. The reason that worked is because he was an arrogant piece of shit who bought his own title as more of a reason to flaunt his wealth.
At least with Taz he made me believe that he was pissed off and deserved more than he was getting. With Jay I would have liked it better if he hadn't done the bit at DBD and instead of him giving the belt back and then making his own title when he didn't like what Cole did they instead made a new title to give to Cole and then had Jay come back with the old old one. Without the DBD thing he at least has a reason to feel like he should be walking around as the world champion.

User avatar
AlexROH
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact:

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:50 pm

I've just seen Adam Cole's first title defense. Good match in England for WCPW. Nothing great but a pretty enjoyable little match.

Adam Cole (c) vs El Ligero vs Jay Lethal - ***1/4

TYFDK
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by TYFDK » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:37 pm

Who was it last year who would figure out how many tickets each show had left? That was always fun to try to see which shows were drawing well.

User avatar
AlexROH
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact:

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:40 pm

Have anyone of you watch the latest ROH DVD about Corino? The match list and documentary look interesting, but there isn't a single review on the internet.

FanSinceHDNet
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by FanSinceHDNet » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:27 am

AlexROH wrote:Have anyone of you watch the latest ROH DVD about Corino? The match list and documentary look interesting, but there isn't a single review on the internet.
Matches are good, documentary portion is consistently funny. Laughed out loud a few times.

User avatar
AlexROH
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:41 am
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact:

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:05 am

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Have anyone of you watch the latest ROH DVD about Corino? The match list and documentary look interesting, but there isn't a single review on the internet.
Matches are good, documentary portion is consistently funny. Laughed out loud a few times.
I'm really interested in the documentary/interview. Would you recommend it?

FanSinceHDNet
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 7:26 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by FanSinceHDNet » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:16 am

AlexROH wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Have anyone of you watch the latest ROH DVD about Corino? The match list and documentary look interesting, but there isn't a single review on the internet.
Matches are good, documentary portion is consistently funny. Laughed out loud a few times.
I'm really interested in the documentary/interview. Would you recommend it?
It's more an interview. If you find Corino funny, it's a 10 out of 10. If you're looking for more of a documentary or a step by step look at his career and maybe don't like his humor as much, it's probably a 8 out of 10. It's one of my favorite ROH DVD sets.

monster mafia
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:34 pm

Updates on the roh roster page http://www.rohwrestling.com/wrestlers/roster

WOH wrestlers ,bcb , punisher martinez,cody and will ospreay.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:46 am

Man, I was thinking if you put a beard and shit on TK O'Ryan and a little bit longer hair on him, he and Curt Stallion could be twins.

BurningHammer
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:12 pm

Don't know how many or if anyone wants to listen to it, but the Stone Cold Podcast with Adam Cole is rather good.

Honestly if Cole was 6'0, 6'1 he would be such money for WWE, I still think when Vince see's him he going to go no to ever really being on the main roster but if they want NXT to have that next guy to hold the fort for like ever then I think he will work.

85Live
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by 85Live » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:11 am

I get that it sucks TK O'Ryan broke his leg at the PPV. Trust me. I do.

But how about some concern for the "Boy" who was bodslammed on the apron unsafely and dumped ON HIS HEAD, causing a concussion that he TO THIS DAY, is still experiencing issues with? Hmm?

BurningHammer
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:07 am

I think if it would have been reported then of course there would have been more concern for him, the fact is this is the first I have heard of it. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope after affects subside or certainly don't worsen and become something far more serious.

SweetDaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by SweetDaddy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:45 am

Who was slammed?

A Tate Twin?

LMFAO

Big Red Machine
Posts: 3292
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:33 am

BurningHammer wrote:I think if it would have been reported then of course there would have been more concern for him, the fact is this is the first I have heard of it. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope after affects subside or certainly don't worsen and become something far more serious.
This. We get concerned whenever anyone gets hurt. We just can't get concerned about it if we don't hear about it.

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Brada » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:31 am

85Live wrote:I get that it sucks TK O'Ryan broke his leg at the PPV. Trust me. I do.

But how about some concern for the "Boy" who was bodslammed on the apron unsafely and dumped ON HIS HEAD, causing a concussion that he TO THIS DAY, is still experiencing issues with? Hmm?

That was sick. Hate seeing anyone get hurt like that. Not cool...

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Brada » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:33 am

SweetDaddy wrote:Who was slammed?

A Tate Twin?

LMFAO

He got dropped on his head off the apron. I don't see anything funny about it personally.

SweetDaddy
Posts: 220
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by SweetDaddy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:50 pm

It aint ballet.

BurningHammer
Posts: 597
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:58 am

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:21 am

SweetDaddy wrote:It aint ballet.
Yeah it's also a profession where you expect your body to be protected by the person you are giving it up to. The move is probably stupid regardless of how it ended up but the fact is Vinny didn't have enough strength to enable the 'Boy' to be protected. These guys are meant to be 'Professional' wrestlers, professional being a word that's getting lost these days, a guy can still be green but safe and sound in how he handles his own body and others and it happens far to often these days that the later isn't happening.

Dives especially are becoming stupid for some to do honestly if you can't catch someone or the you can't land on your feet or ass just don't do them, fuck us as a crowd in all honesty we are demanding too much.

User avatar
Brada
Posts: 1172
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:05 am
Location: Dallas/Ft.Worth, Texas

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Brada » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 am

BurningHammer wrote:
SweetDaddy wrote:It aint ballet.
Yeah it's also a profession where you expect your body to be protected by the person you are giving it up to. The move is probably stupid regardless of how it ended up but the fact is Vinny didn't have enough strength to enable the 'Boy' to be protected. These guys are meant to be 'Professional' wrestlers, professional being a word that's getting lost these days, a guy can still be green but safe and sound in how he handles his own body and others and it happens far to often these days that the later isn't happening.

Dives especially are becoming stupid for some to do honestly if you can't catch someone or the you can't land on your feet or ass just don't do them, fuck us as a crowd in all honesty we are demanding too much.

Awesome post Hammer. Agree 1 million percent. You have to put a certain amount of trust in the guy you are dancing with. If he cant be counted on to protect you, then that's a huge problem.

That spot was nasty, 85Live can correct me if I'm wrong, but we cringed when we were watching it live, I believe he actually hit somewhat jaw first if I remember right.

Sweet Daddy....come on now, you are a guy that's been between the ropes, you are better than that brother.

I don't know if its a situation where you don't hold the person involved in the highest regard, but put yourself in that spot. If you were the one on the end of that taking that fall, you sure wouldn't want some jack wagon on the other side of the rail yelling at you to get up screaming "it ain't ballet".....

Nothing wrong with feeling bad for him and wishing him the best...

JTCole
Posts: 1537
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by JTCole » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:41 am

SweetDaddy wrote:It aint ballet.
This mindset is the reason a ton of wrestlers are now dead you realize.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests