Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

Meltzer just said that Kyle O'Reilly will ve defending the ROH World Title against Adam Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Seems a little weird to me, was looking for a Fish-Kyle match.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I wouldn't do that right away, myself. Provided Kyle retains, wouldn't it be better to build for the reDRagon match?
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

Yep, that will probably main event the 15th Anniversary
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Fish/O'Reilly would be a great Main Event for the 15th Anniversary. I think it'd be a first time match, they have styles that would mesh well, and what better way to end your 15 Year Anniversary with two of your top stars, who were in one of the top 5 teams in company history, go at it for the World Title?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Probably Supercard or the PPV after 15th Anniversary.

Winner of Decade of Excellence tournament faces ROH champ at 15th.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Oh. Hm. Maybe then Fish faces Scurll at the 15th Anniversary PPV since he hadn't got his rematch. And I'm gonna guess that it'll be O'Reilly defending against
Spoiler: show
either Lethal or Jay Briscoe. With Lethal you could go the "I've never been able to beat you" route, and with Briscoe it could be the big First Time Ever Singles Title Match. Personally I'd like to see O'Reilly vs. Briscoe myself.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

AlexROH wrote:Meltzer just said that Kyle O'Reilly will ve defending the ROH World Title against Adam Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Seems a little weird to me, was looking for a Fish-Kyle match.
Here's something to consider: There's been a lot of speculation lately that O'Reilly actually hasn't signed anything yet, and they're planning on putting the title back on Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Very strange situation. I would hope that O'Reilly stays (at least so he has a decent run with the title), but we'll see.

Also, speaking of Meltzer, he's reporting that Cody Rhodes will be revealed as the newest member of The Bullet Club (which has been teased recently by Kenny Omega) and that would be challenging Katsuyori Shibata for the NEVER Openweight Title at Wrestle Kingdom 11, which I guess might explain the heel turn at Final Battle....
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
AlexROH wrote:Meltzer just said that Kyle O'Reilly will ve defending the ROH World Title against Adam Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Seems a little weird to me, was looking for a Fish-Kyle match.
Here's something to consider: There's been a lot of speculation lately that O'Reilly actually hasn't signed anything yet, and they're planning on putting the title back on Cole at Wrestle Kingdom 11. Very strange situation. I would hope that O'Reilly stays (at least so he has a decent run with the title), but we'll see.

Also, speaking of Meltzer, he's reporting that Cody Rhodes will be revealed as the newest member of The Bullet Club (which has been teased recently by Kenny Omega) and that would be challenging Katsuyori Shibata for the NEVER Openweight Title at Wrestle Kingdom 11, which I guess might explain the heel turn at Final Battle....
If they really want to take the belt off of Kyle, Daniels should win the belt at the anniversary show.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
Nothing on the taping seemed to indicate that Cole would be regaining the title.

During one of these years, I think we are bound for a title change at WK, but I’m willing to believe that ROH would use someone other than Cole as their next champion if O’Reilly really had not resigned.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I'd say O'Reilly vs Fish would make most sense for BITW, considering that it is their second biggest show of the year, as well as the history of the show itself
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Great for Silas to get a new contract although I felt he was having his best period when he wasn't under an exclusive contract and he was able to work outside the ROH environment. The contract situation with certain guys is interesting as Leo Rush is able to work quite a few dates outside of ROH despite his contract where as others aren't.

I guess they could do a something like the WWE with the NXT title and switch the title on a touring/foreign show but maybe instead of Cole keeping the title have Kyle win it back when they come back to the states. The whole situation with Kyle is interesting because if he hasn't signed a contract I presume his main options would be Evolve or NJPW but if he looses the title in NJPW it's not exactly a big thumbs up from both offices considering I imagine NJPW will have some idea of the title switch happening. Plus Japanese audience despite his background there isn't exactly going to see Kyle as a future champ if looses yet another title match in front of their eyes. I would think Kyle would want to come off as a strong in Japan especially. Also as Wilson said the TV tapings seemed to move Cole away from Kyle although I may have missed the full taping spoilers and didn't see the interaction between the two.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so this stable of bj,sullivan,martinez and hendrix ...would be cool if they add jason kincaid and create a tag team with martinez..random thinking here.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:so this stable of bj,sullivan,martinez and hendrix ...would be cool if they add jason kincaid and create a tag team with martinez..random thinking here.
I think if you get rid of Sullivan and have BJ or what I would prefer would be for Hendrix to run the group with a couple of other guys I think you could have something especially if you get rid of this aged old story relating to something created in the 60's/70's and 80's, as well as Martinez's make or at least change it up a bit.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

what do you guys think can be the participants on the 2017 tpt?

preferences?

the only one confirmed is curt stallion
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

monster mafia wrote:so this stable of bj,sullivan,martinez and hendrix ...would be cool if they add jason kincaid and create a tag team with martinez..random thinking here.
Wait, is Taeler with them now? What happened?

(I usually skip anything involving BJ and/or Sullivan)
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Well I thought the Cody heel turn was a Delirious decision. Since it has been revealed he will be the newest Bullet Club member, my theory that the influence of Gedo having a strong hand in ROH booking is more profound than ever. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing as it will lead to more fluid storylines between ROH and NJPW.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

monster mafia wrote:what do you guys think can be the participants on the 2017 tpt?

preferences?

Wouldn't mind Shane Taylor and Keith Lee getting individual spots. Or at least Lee. Other than that, no idea. Who's notable that appeared at any of the tryout camps this year?
HonorLives wrote:
Wait, is Taeler with them now? What happened?

(I usually skip anything involving BJ and/or Sullivan)
Taeler attacked Mandy Leon the night of Final Battle, leading into their no DQ match two days later at the TV tapings. Happened in a video that I'm having trouble finding atm, so if anyone can find that that'd be great.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Well I thought the Cody heel turn was a Delirious decision. Since it has been revealed he will be the newest Bullet Club member, my theory that the influence of Gedo having a strong hand in ROH booking is more profound than ever. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing as it will lead to more fluid storylines between ROH and NJPW.
I was disappointed to hear that it wasn't a Delirious decision. It seemed like such a great idea in isolation, but if they just did it because New Japan wants him in Bullet Club and they felt the need to follow suit then there goes any credit for creativity I can give the Lizard-man.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

monster mafia wrote:what do you guys think can be the participants on the 2017 tpt?

preferences?

I have quite a few, this year I hope it is more Leo Rush and Less Cheeseburger, as there are really quite a few guys that be something in ROH.

Silver, Isaias Velazquez, Sammy Guevara, Joey Janela, Rob Matter, Matt Knicks and Craig Mitchell. Both Velazquez and Mitchell I have only just heard about and seen but they look a very talented pair who could really go far. Actually the whole group of Matter, Knicks, Mitchell and Valezquez look very good indeed and a new group like that coming out of Chicago would be a very nice addition to ROH.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:Well I thought the Cody heel turn was a Delirious decision. Since it has been revealed he will be the newest Bullet Club member, my theory that the influence of Gedo having a strong hand in ROH booking is more profound than ever. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing as it will lead to more fluid storylines between ROH and NJPW.
I was disappointed to hear that it wasn't a Delirious decision. It seemed like such a great idea in isolation, but if they just did it because New Japan wants him in Bullet Club and they felt the need to follow suit then there goes any credit for creativity I can give the Lizard-man.
The turn was still performed very well. I find it pretty easy to still give compliment to the agenting and the working of the angle, from both the talent and the booker.

Cody as a heel is different than what was being done in months past, but it's still Cody. His being heel rather than face is marginally more interesting, though it's still seems like vanilla Cody, which nobody really wants. I'd be happy to rescind all these comments if it leads to a new character for him that extends between the companies.