Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by AlexROH »

I'm really pissed off because what ROH is doing with the VODs from UK. They uploaded the Liverpool one on Wednesday and they don't say a thing about when will they upload the other two and people are asking them on a daily basis.

This monday is the big disscount in VODs, I'm seeing how the will upload the Leicester and London show on Tuesday in order to get more money. And I'm not pissed off because of the money, the thing is that Final Battle is on Friday and I don't understand why the hell I have to Walt until the tuesday before to watch the UK shows before the PPV -_-
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote:I'm really pissed off because what ROH is doing with the VODs from UK. They uploaded the Liverpool one on Wednesday and they don't say a thing about when will they upload the other two and people are asking them on a daily basis.

This monday is the big disscount in VODs, I'm seeing how the will upload the Leicester and London show on Tuesday in order to get more money. And I'm not pissed off because of the money, the thing is that Final Battle is on Friday and I don't understand why the hell I have to Walt until the tuesday before to watch the UK shows before the PPV -_-
I feel the same way. I was SOOOOO furious when the Field of Honor 2016 DVD came out the week after their early Black Friday sale.
Brada

Post by Brada »

You think that was intentional? (serious question, no sarcasm intended)
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

It's def intentional in that it's obvious they don't want fans getting a discount on new shows.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
Brada

Post by Brada »

must be a hell of a DVD market then...lol
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

no way is intentional...is just slowness
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Brada wrote:You think that was intentional? (serious question, no sarcasm intended)
Was intencional, for sure. They didn't answer people's questions. Then early Black Friday sale end and JUST ONE HOUR AFTER they announced that the Field of Honor VOD was available -_-
Brada

Post by Brada »

That sucks hairy balls. Not cool ROH, not cool.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

man...alex shelley is such a mastermind,he is great..mcmg run is so good and now this story with young talent is interesting

can see shelley with a backstage role in the future.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

cgstong wrote:It's def intentional in that it's obvious they don't want fans getting a discount on new shows.
This. Rifftrax, and many online companies that produce a steady stream of new content, do the same thing. There will be a percentage of people that will pay full price for new content no matter what it is (well, there is some variation depending on outside factors and the actual item, etc), so as a company you're not going to want to discount something you can sell at the full price. I mean TNA might do it, but they seem to enjoy pissing away money as a recreational activity anyway.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm behind on ROH right now. Can anyone clue me in on recent happenings since ASE?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

monster mafia wrote:man...alex shelley is such a mastermind,he is great..mcmg run is so good and now this story with young talent is interesting

I thought Shelley was fantastic on commentary on the last episode.
YimYac

Post by YimYac »

cgstong wrote:It's def intentional in that it's obvious they don't want fans getting a discount on new shows.
AlexROH wrote:
Brada wrote:You think that was intentional? (serious question, no sarcasm intended)
Was intencional, for sure. They didn't answer people's questions. Then early Black Friday sale end and JUST ONE HOUR AFTER they announced that the Field of Honor VOD was available -_-
Gonna play Devil's Advocate.....

The last ROH show for the UK tour was on a Sunday. Gonna assume the camera crew (along with the rest of the crew) would've flown back home Monday. They said on Twitter they wanted to get one of the shows up before the holiday which means something that on average seems to now have a 4-5 day turnaround was done and rushed out in 2 Tue/Wed. Today would be the first time anyone has stepped into the editing booth since Wednesday since of course Thurs began Thanksgiving break.

When exactly would they have had time to get the second show done and out by today (Monday)?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

YimYac wrote:
AlexROH wrote:
Gonna play Devil's Advocate.....

The last ROH show for the UK tour was on a Sunday. Gonna assume the camera crew (along with the rest of the crew) would've flown back home Monday. They said on Twitter they wanted to get one of the shows up before the holiday which means something that on average seems to now have a 4-5 day turnaround was done and rushed out in 2 Tue/Wed. Today would be the first time anyone has stepped into the editing booth since Wednesday since of course Thurs began Thanksgiving break.

When exactly would they have had time to get the second show done and out by today (Monday)?
Intentionally unintentional, perhaps? But, yes, that's a REALLY tight turnaround.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

YimYac wrote: Gonna play Devil's Advocate.....

It's not even devil's advocate - it's using common sense and taking into account traveling and the holiday. I was shocked they got the one show up before the holiday. That was a really cool add you could take advantage of during the sale.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Random note here, but the legendary Jushin "Thunder" Liger turns 52 today!
Brada

Post by Brada »

I would expect Liger to get the pop he so richly deserves Friday night.....what a career.
ndp

Post by ndp »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
monster mafia wrote:man...alex shelley is such a mastermind,he is great..mcmg run is so good and now this story with young talent is interesting

I agree he was good last week and has the potential to be a strong commentator when he calls it a day in the ring, hopefully many years down the line. I don’t know what ROH’s plan is if Corino leaves after the first of the year. Someone high up seems to be against Nigel being the regular color guy, but if they don’t have him on color full time (I think they should put him there), I wouldn’t mind Shelley filling in on some of the TV episodes where he doesn’t wrestle as a stop gap until they find someone. Either way, I’m glad the MCMG are finally getting some direction and character development after a year, and Shelley’s getting mic time. I like them, but the booking hasn’t given much reason to get behind them. Them reuniting could have been a bigger deal than it was. A lot of stuff recently could have been a bigger deal than it was made out to be.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:I would expect Liger to get the pop he so richly deserves Friday night.....what a career.
THIS!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ndp wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:

I agree he was good last week and has the potential to be a strong commentator when he calls it a day in the ring, hopefully many years down the line. I don’t know what ROH’s plan is if Corino leaves after the first of the year. Someone high up seems to be against Nigel being the regular color guy, but if they don’t have him on color full time (I think they should put him there), I wouldn’t mind Shelley filling in on some of the TV episodes where he doesn’t wrestle as a stop gap until they find someone. Either way, I’m glad the MCMG are finally getting some direction and character development after a year, and Shelley’s getting mic time. I like them, but the booking hasn’t given much reason to get behind them. Them reuniting could have been a bigger deal than it was. A lot of stuff recently could have been a bigger deal than it was made out to be.
Whitmer has also been pretty fantastic on the house shows. I can see him getting the role to go to a more traditional babyface-heel dynamic.