Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
project161

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by project161 »

Brada wrote:just seems to me that establishing him as a serious contender in 3 or 4 months would be incredibly difficult considering how much jobbing he has done in singles over the recent past....
I agree. Realistically, it will probably be Lethal or Briscoe seeing as Kyle/Lethal have not had a match since Kyle's last world title shot from the North Carolina TV and they have yet to have a proper match since their 30 minute draw in Hopkins in April 2015 while Briscoe/Kyle have not had a proper match since 2011. Lethal could finally put over Kyle, which is fine as well in this scenario but the Daniels story is at least a more enthralling idea to me and with all of the contract issues, who knows how things may look a month from now.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Not sure if this was posted on here anywhere yet, but PWX & Beyond Wrestling have made deals with FloSports/FloSlam. The deal with Beyond Wrestling is particularly interesting, considering the success they've had with their YouTube-based streaming platform. So FloSports/FloSlam has WWNLive, PWX, & Beyond Wrestling. If you throw ROH onto the pile, that makes it incredibly more enticing.

Also, a few ROH related notes with WWE creative:

- I honesty don't know if someone has posted this anywhere on this forum, but apparently RD Evans has been working as part of WWE creative for some time now. I guess that explains his disappearance from the independent scene.

- On the most recent edition of the LAW, Chris Jericho (in any interview on the show) gave credit for the idea of "The List of Jericho" to Jimmy Jacobs.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The deal with Beyond Wrestling is particularly interesting, considering the success they've had with their YouTube-based streaming platform.
They don't have a direct deal with Flo Slam. Its a part of his contract with WWNLive. Flo will stream PPV's, but all their content, plus the exclusive iPPV, will stay at the YouTube channel. Here's a podcast with Drew Cordeiro (one of Beyond's bosses) when he talks about the Flo proyect --> http://www.pwponderings.com/2016/10/26/ ... sues-more/
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

I think it is a very good idea to have a "Super Heavyweight" division while the WWE is bringing all cruiserweight they can.
ImageImage
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

AssShooter wrote:I think it is a very good idea to have a "Super Heavyweight" division while the WWE is bringing all cruiserweight they can.
It's be cool to have these bigger bad ass types. It's one of the things that's good about War Machine v. Lee and Taylor. It's the return of bad ass teams going at it.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:just seems to me that establishing him as a serious contender in 3 or 4 months would be incredibly difficult considering how much jobbing he has done in singles over the recent past....
Which is why you give him a win in a big tournament over a bunch of big names.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

ACH is no longer listed in "roster" at ROH website and his T-shirts has now lower prices.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Meltzer is reporting that Colby Corino will be starting as a young lion in New Japan soon.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oh gad, ROH's posters the last two years have been cool, but this new one... is a little... idk. The picture is from ROH's official Twitter:

The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Some people are asking why their promoting this when Japan may be hit by a tsunami in the next few hours.

What I want someone to explain is, where is there a tsunami in the image? I see the statue of liberty being carted away by the sea, that's all.

It's different. It's definitely teasing something.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

When the fuck is the most underrated wrestler on the roster Silas Young going to get a title run?
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

ImageImage
Brada

Post by Brada »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:When the fuck is the most underrated wrestler on the roster Silas Young going to get a title run?
Not sure that will ever happen.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:When the fuck is the most underrated wrestler on the roster Silas Young going to get a title run?
Do people really think SILAS YOUNG is an ROH World Title level wrestler?
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Brada wrote:
A lot of people really like Silas Young. Just ask those who have followed his career in AAW for many years.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Silas is an incredible performer and is capable of telling great stories in his matches. Like DXvsNWO said, his work in AAW is great, plus, he's having a great year in ROH. I think that next year we'll see Silas in more importat storylines and maybe in the World TV Title picture.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine I never said World title. I said a title run. I don't care what title. Dude is so underrated it's sick. His AAW stuff is great. He is tight in the ring. He also managed to make that useless feud with ACH worth a shit. He knows how to tell a good story in the ring. He also knows how to draw old school heat.
Brada

Post by Brada »

meh, Silas is filler. Give me more Cheeseburger.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I think I had been suffering from Jay Lethal Fatigue. It was a championship title reign that had potential and immediately went down the shitter after the Roderick Strong feud. The only other highlight was the match against AJ Styles. The argument made against Jay Briscoe was that he was incapable of putting on a 5 star match, but at least he sold you on the credibility of being a legit bad ass. Lethal had an overly long and monotonous title reign. It was fucking boring and I think that malady seeped into the promotion. Ever since Adam Cole has recaptured the title I have slowly have had my interest in the promotion piqued again. The card for Final Battle is easily the most excited I have been for an ROH show in a long time. The weekly show has had way more positives than negatives lately. Am I giving Delirious a free pass? Fuck no. However I am not going to shit on him just for the Hell of it. I hate being unhappy watching any wrestling so I am quite pleased with how ROH has been lately. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this promotion. I thought I was done with wrestling forever when by chance I saw a match between Paul London and Matt Bentley that blew my mind in 2002. My love affair with this promotion is so strong it exceeds my fondest memories of ECW or The Four Horsemen era or the nWo. I am looking forward to 2017 hoping that ROH is on an upswing. I hope that Jay Lethal Fatigue is going to be a distant memory.