Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
BurningHammer

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by BurningHammer »

It was interesting that Final Battle was one of their live events but seemingly that isn't available now, I don't know if ROH is going to be all on this considering Evolve apparently has or will give up their Fite TV contract with becoming apart of this and I don't think ROH will do that considering they would then be a premium wrestling promotion for them.

Hopefully ROH can have a situation where they can have multiple partners and just allow Flow to man ROH's older catalogue and maybe deal with ippv for small shows like GBH, SOTF etc.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wrestling Observer:

"Kyle O’Reilly’s ROH contract is up on December 31st, and if he doesn’t sign a new deal there may be a change to the Final Battle main event. O’Reilly is currently scheduled to challenge Adam Cole for the ROH, but there is talk of adding Jay Lethal to the match"
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

If you'd like, you can watch an interlace-ridden video of Jay Lethal cutting a promo for Power Struggle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The turnaround for getting VODs up on the website has improved quite a bit in the past few weeks.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

"BJ Whitmer has been suspended for 30 days, starting 11/1/16 for conduct detrimental to the organization for striking an official Saturday."

:roll:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Beaten to it by monster mafia.

He won't miss Final Battle, but he'll miss the Texas and UK shows, which I don't think he was even on the latter.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote:"BJ Whitmer has been suspended for 30 days, starting 11/1/16 for conduct detrimental to the organization for striking an official Saturday."

I don't remember anything about Whitmer touching an official from over the weekend. This is a work?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

No Kyle O'Reilly on the 15th Anniversary poster...
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:No Kyle O'Reilly on the 15th Anniversary poster...
where is the poster?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

monster mafia wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:No Kyle O'Reilly on the 15th Anniversary poster...
where is the poster?
My mistake! Saw the announcement of 15th Anniversary and then saw an add on bottom right for ASE replay. False alarm!

(Although still sort of weird that he's not on it...)
ndp

Post by ndp »

Wilson wrote:
monster mafia wrote:"BJ Whitmer has been suspended for 30 days, starting 11/1/16 for conduct detrimental to the organization for striking an official Saturday."

I don't remember anything about Whitmer touching an official from over the weekend. This is a work?
Since it happened on Saturday and they waited until Monday to announce a "suspension" so that it ends the day of the next PPV instead of announcing it Sunday, I say it's storyline. Whitmer needs to sell more t-shirts like the Bullet Club so Nigel would ignore this poorly enforced storyline rule for him too. The timing makes me think we'll be getting a tag match or angle at the next PPV to continue this zombie feud. That hardcore match a few PPVs ago was a nice surprise, but it wasn't good enough to warrant dragging that program out to at least the end of the year and maybe months into 2017. Kevin Sullivan's presence definitely hasn't warranted it either.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

In a company like ROH, I would think that Whitmer would have made a public apology if it were real. If he actually posed a physical threat (or to whichever degree this presumed encounter did effect) to an official then the company should do something more acute than suspending him until a time just short of a PPV date.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Spoiler: show
BJ Whitmer attacked and laid out Paul Turner during a brawl with Hanson.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

War Machine will make their debut in New Japan Pro Wrestling this month. They'll be part of the World Tag League. Well deserved opportunity.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

They are not going to be available for Final Battle, War Machine vs Pretty Boy Killers blow off match tonight makes more sense now.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

187_Joeism wrote:They are not going to be available for Final Battle, War Machine vs Pretty Boy Killers blow off match tonight makes more sense now.
Yes, that means that Taylor & Lee are going to get a big push in the tag division. We'll see if the get a spot at Final Battle.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

VERY HAPPY FOR WAR MACHINE.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

AlexROH wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:They are not going to be available for Final Battle, War Machine vs Pretty Boy Killers blow off match tonight makes more sense now.
Yes, that means that Taylor & Lee are going to get a big push in the tag division. We'll see if the get a spot at Final Battle.
If this is the blow-off they really should have hyped it up more. They could also have Lee & Taylor in this match and then spend some months cutting promos claiming to have "run War Machine out of ROH" (War Machine are missing the next tapings, after all) and then have War Machine come back in Atlanta and do a blow-off with some actual hype at the Anniversary Show.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:
AlexROH wrote:
If this is the blow-off they really should have hyped it up more. They could also have Lee & Taylor in this match and then spend some months cutting promos claiming to have "run War Machine out of ROH" (War Machine are missing the next tapings, after all) and then have War Machine come back in Atlanta and do a blow-off with some actual hype at the Anniversary Show.
They actually did that on ROH social media, i will they could have done a better job with the feud (I also think that for almost every wrestling feud sans Steen vs Generico and a few others), but i enjoyed the feud a lot, it was the right feud for Lee & Taylor to debut in, hope they move onto The Briscoes next year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think they hype the match a lot...promos for both teams plus the tv...one of the most underrated feuds of this year