Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote:And whether or not it's effective doesn't matter. Fact is, they were the first NEVER 6-man champs, Yano's gonna be in town for the PPV, it'd make perfect storyline sense that they'd want to become the first ROH 6-man champs.
Sure it does. And while we're on the subject, I'll question whether or not featuring Toru Yano at all is an effective use of PPV time (hint: it isn't).
Big Red Machine

FanSinceHDNet wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Yeah. Because teaming with Toru Yano is an effective use of the Briscoes on an ROH PPV.
I agree with your point but I'm not sure where else they'd fit. I wouldn't blow through Jay v. Okada or Jay v. Tanahashi without any build. Jay v. Page rematch might be the best option but do you put Page over again?

Is it better to include them in sort of a throwaway match than to blow a money match with no build?
Let the Briscoes be the Briscoes and stick them a in a tag team match. Pretty much no matter which team you put them in there with, they'll have a great match.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

this is a shame...

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So they're doing a huge VOD sale for Labor Day Weekend. What's notable is that the ROH/CZW Ultraviolet Compilation VOD they put out years ago is being brought back, and will be available for the sale.
Want to catch up on the latest ROH action? Looking for something to spice up Labor Day weekend? Want something to watch while you’re chilling on the beach? Then the Ring of Honor LABOR DAY VOD SALE is for you!

Starting Thursday, September 1 at 12:01 AM eastern, just one minute after the clock strikes midnight, all ROH VODs will be 25% with Ringside Members saving 50% and events as low as just $5!

The sale applies to the latest ROH Pay-Per-View extravaganzas like Death Before Dishonor and Best in the World as well as the very first Women of Honor show and the never before released on dvd Honor Goes Ultra Violent!

SUPERKICK THE SUMMER and grab the Best Wrestling on the Planet at its lowest prices!

And this weekend only, get a free RING OF HONOR hat when you become a Ringside Member!

In addition to the regular 15% savings Ringside Members get on ROHWrestling.com merchandise orders, Ringside Members also have access to an extensive library of historic ROH events that are long out of print on DVD, including events that feature the Ultra Violent Wars, past greats like Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Samoa Joe, and Tyler Black, and as well as events that feature current stars of ROH and New Japan Pro-Wrestling!

The temperatures are dropping but this sale is heating up! Don’t miss the lowest prices of the year on VODs on Labor Day weekend!

If you’re not a Ringside Member, signing up is quick and easy! Join now to save money and get your FREE ROH LOGO HAT during the ROH Labor Day Sale.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I know Martini was kind of a polarizing talent, with many complaining that he made ROH look more minor league...but I found him to be consistently interesting and entertaining for most of the past few years. Hoopla was a fun diversion and I think he played an important role in Lethal's ascent from boring, tired baby face to the a title.

Saying there's no role for him when Prince Nana is still around is pretty rich.

It also seems like a really shitty way for someone to lose their job, given the surgery, etc..
project161

Post by project161 »

Towards the end of his run with the Truth-a-roonie stuff, Truth was really beginning to wear on me with distracting from the action, but I felt he did a fine job as a manager for most of his run. He did have over a six year run though. Hard to say what else he could really do on-screen. Maybe they could bring him back down the line or something theoretically.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Which Road to BITW 16' shows were the best? I would like to buy a pair of shows in this weekend's sale
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

AlexROH wrote:Which Road to BITW 16' shows were the best? I would like to buy a pair of shows in this weekend's sale
I heard the first three out of the five were pretty good with Columbus being the best.I have only seen Columbus and can confirm it was really good.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Gosh, I hope none of those statements regarding Truth are factual. He is the best manager they’ve ever had and he was creatively behind some of ROH’s stronger angles in recent memory.

Having “no role” for Truth is ridiculous. Even if there were no plans for him upon return—which is a disappointing thought in itself—he can obviously create a role for himself.

EDIT: That line was taken from the Observer. I’m pretty unhappy with ROH's decision (or Kelly's decision, whom competes with one less creative figure).
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

AlexROH wrote:Which Road to BITW 16' shows were the best? I would like to buy a pair of shows in this weekend's sale
same question by me.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

monster mafia wrote:this is a shame...

That'll teach him to be a better booker than Delirious.

That's it, I'm done.
Big Red Machine

The only two I've seen are Columbus and Collinsville, but I thought both were great (Columbus was better). I also remember people have high praise for the Milwaukee show as well.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Burnside wrote:
monster mafia wrote:this is a shame...

That'll teach him to be a better booker than Delirious.

That's it, I'm done.
dont go men :cry:
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Burnside wrote:That'll teach him to be a better booker than Delirious.
I always thought he was much worse frankly. Barely after he was announced as an assistant booker (or whatever his role was), we started to get random shit and PPV main events ending in Russo-esque fashion.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Brian1027

Post by Brian1027 »

It sucks to see a guy lose his job but ROH really needs fresh faces working in their creative department. I feel like there will definitely be more shakeups in the coming months and I hope a new head booker is given the job at the end of the year.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thelone wrote:
Burnside wrote:That'll teach him to be a better booker than Delirious.
I always thought he was much worse frankly. Barely after he was announced as an assistant booker (or whatever his role was), we started to get random shit and PPV main events ending in Russo-esque fashion.
I think it was reported that Martini was involved with a lot of the directions taken in the HOT—which would make sense, as they were always the most different in ROH. Most HOT matches didn't have an idiot-finish either.

Lethal was most interesting in 2014 and 2015, then, right at the turn of the year, he was treading in water. One might be able to speculate that as soon as the Lethal “project” was over Martini was then to be phased out of creative. ROH wouldn’t give up on him if he were still involved in any recent creative meetings.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

If ROH still has a dialogue open with Brian Kendrick, right about now would be the perfect time to bring him back into the fold after his performance on last nights CWC and the reaction its got.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

spanky in roh again could be cool...

just see this..war machine vs da hit squad for beyond wrestling

do you guys would like to see dhs in roh again?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Their booked for upcoming cards and have been featured on TV quite prominently, I'm pretty sure their IN ROH, this is just an indie booking.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

I found this video of Jim Cornette calling Supersonic a motherfucker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXD0dnVCYmg