Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
GardenStateSaint

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Thanks for the list Big Red Machine

Joe vs. Low Ki- Glory By Honor
Homicide vs. Trent Acid- WrestleRave 03
John Walters vs. Xavier- Final Battle 2003
Maff & Whitmer vs. The Carnage Crew- Final Battle 2004
Jay Lethal vs. Low Ki- Glory By Honor IV (they actually had two that night)
Homicide vs. Steve Corino- The Bitter End
Nigel McGuinness vs. Jimmy Rave- Fifth Year Festival: Finale
Roderick Strong vs. Delirious- Live in Tokyo
Roderick Strong vs. Erick Stevens- Respect Is Earned II
Bryan Danielson vs. Morishima - Final Battle 2008
Jimmy Jacobs vs. Delirious- HDnet (taped sometime in April 2009)
Chris Hero vs. Eddie Kingston- Final Battle 2009
Kevin Steen vs. El Generico- Final Battle 2010
The Briscoes vs. WGTT- Border Wars
Adam Cole vs. Jay Briscoe- Final Battle 2014
Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young - February 27th Las Vegas TV taping
BJ Whitmer vs. Steve Corino- Best in the World 2016
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Was the last cage match in ROH really Lethal vs. Taven from Field of Honor '14? Am I forgetting something obvious?
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I believe so. They don't have too many cage matches, which is nice.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AlexROH wrote:What the hell is CWA? I'm searching in Google and I cannot find anything about this promotion in Puerto Rico, and why the hell did ROH agree to work with a company that brings Jay Lethal to a show that was entrance free? I don't understand anything [cornette] [cornette] [cornette]

I don't see any indication that they're working with each other
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote:I believe so. They don't have too many cage matches, which is nice.
They seem to have struck a nice balance. When I was thinking back on all of ROH's big feuds to come with that Fight Without Honor list, I found that a good chunk of the feuds I would have figured would have ended in a Fight Without Honor ended in a cage match instead
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

That's very true, and it's something that isn't touched up upon much at all.

You have FWH, which was the original big feud ender, and then you also have cage matches, which end somewhat smaller feuds. And then you have Ladder War, which is just as big as FWH I'd say (maybe even smaller since Cole/Briscoe first ended in a Ladder War, then later on had a Fight Without Honor.)

It's just kinda cool that they have 3 definitive feud ending matches.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Well, ROH didn't waste time and Moose is not listed in roster page anymore (which is understandable, of course).
Also, the prices of his T-shirts are now lower.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Won't start the thread for the Reloaded Tour just yet, but it looks like we're getting the Castle/Liger rematch in Atlanta:

alitigress

Post by alitigress »

Liger vs castle ugh i rather see liger vs dijak or liger vs rush I hope the rest of the card is great
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

liger vs dalton is perfect...

so roh not sign jason kincaid yep?

are they gonna wait for evolve to book him?

come on rih..is time.
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote:That's very true, and it's something that isn't touched up upon much at all.

You have FWH, which was the original big feud ender, and then you also have cage matches, which end somewhat smaller feuds. And then you have Ladder War, which is just as big as FWH I'd say (maybe even smaller since Cole/Briscoe first ended in a Ladder War, then later on had a Fight Without Honor.)

It's just kinda cool that they have 3 definitive feud ending matches.
There have also been a few other notable feuds that ended with just a big "No Disqualifications match" or "Street Fight" which was functionally identical to a Fight Without Honor (Cabana vs. Homicide and Prophecy vs. Second City Saints being the two that immediately come to mind).
Also, only two feuds have ever continued after their Fight Without Honor (excluding Joe vs. Ki because a Fight Without Honor was not originally intended to be the feud-ender that it became): Roddy and Delirious were on opposite sides of an eight man tag team No DQs match a few weeks after they had theirs, while WGTT vs. Briscoes actually had their blow-off in a Texas Deathmatch singles match between Jay and Haas- although the Fight Without Honor was the final tag match between the two.

Also, tehcnically I guess Steen vs. Generico continued, but those are special circumstances and it took them a whole year before they touched again.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

It would be pretty cool if Cole wins the world title, then Bucks win the tag titles, then Page wins the TV title, and by the time it's Glory By Honor Champions vs AllStars, we get Champions/Bullet Club vs Allstars
Brada

Post by Brada »

Adem wrote:It would be pretty cool if Cole wins the world title, then Bucks win the tag titles, then Page wins the TV title, and by the time it's Glory By Honor Champions vs AllStars, we get Champions/Bullet Club vs Allstars

A bit too NWOish for me.

Now we could have O'Reilly as World Champ, Fish still as TV champ, Briscoes as tag champs...and have ReDragon/Briscoes vs Bullet Club
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Brada wrote:
Adem wrote:It would be pretty cool if Cole wins the world title, then Bucks win the tag titles, then Page wins the TV title, and by the time it's Glory By Honor Champions vs AllStars, we get Champions/Bullet Club vs Allstars

A bit too NWOish for me.

Now we could have O'Reilly as World Champ, Fish still as TV champ, Briscoes as tag champs...and have ReDragon/Briscoes vs Bullet Club
I mean shit, might as well go all out with making BC the NWO.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Kevin Kelly tweeted that a ROH app was in the works.
ImageImage
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Matt Taven, of all people, will make his CMLL debut at Arena Mexico on 9/9.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:Matt Taven, of all people, will make his CMLL debut at Arena Mexico on 9/9.
he can fit in cmll,is the beginning of maybe later big names coming to mexico...good for roh looking partnerships ,they need now maybe that type of deal in europe.
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote:Matt Taven, of all people, will make his CMLL debut at Arena Mexico on 9/9.
The more ROH-related news here seems to be that Taven will be ready to return to action some time in the next month.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Big Red Machine wrote:
The more ROH-related news here seems to be that Taven will be ready to return to action some time in the next month.
I should've mentioned this was announced in a CMLL press conference hyping up their 83rd Anniversary Show which happens the week before. Right before the Taven announcement, they said they had formalized an alliance between ROH and CMLL.

But yes. Assuming this is when Taven officially returns to the ring, we could see him compete on the Reloaded Tour in Lockport and Pittsburgh, and further shows.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the full transcript of that CMLL/ROH announcement:
Ciudad de México
Miércoles, 10 de agosto de 2016

Matt Taven será el primer luchador que llegará al CMLL

El Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre (CMLL), anunció que sostendrán una alianza con la empresa estadounidense Ring of Honor (ROH).

El luchador mexicano Suka Jr. fue el primer representante coliseino en viajar a ROH el pasado 16 julio y Dragon Lee hará lo mismo el 30 y 1 de octubre. La idea fue tan bien recibida de ambos lados, que se pactó un acuerdo de intercambio de talentos entre las dos compañías.

Matt Taven, Campeón de Parejas y de Televisión de ROH será el primer luchador en llegar al CMLL como parte de este acuerdo. Su primera presentación será el 9 de septiembre en la Arena México.

La New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) cuenta con una alianza estratégica con la empresa mexicana y la compañía de la unión americana, por lo que ahora con la alianza entre éstas, se crea un tridente muy importante en el mundo de la lucha libre mundial.