Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Wilson

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by Wilson »

JTCole wrote:Isn't Noah basically New Japan's NXT now?
Yes, but a promotion for old guys to remain relevant.

...So, yes, exactly like NXT actually.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Wilson wrote:
JTCole wrote:Isn't Noah basically New Japan's NXT now?
Yes, but a promotion for old guys to remain relevant.

...So, yes, exactly like NXT actually.
Ha, can't argue with that and I love NXT.

So long as the older guys can still work.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

dhads7161 wrote:Why isn't ROH doing more with NOAH? I'd rather see Suzukigun, Shiozaki, and Marafuji for a change rather than Bullet Club, CHAOS, and Tanahashi.
NOAH is now at their lowest point, people are not going to pay the same to see Tanahashi, Naito, Okada, KUSHIDA, Ishii or others than to see NOAH guys.

It could be cool to see some NOAH guys working ROH but financially it doesn't work because is better to use New Japan guys and sold out the shows they are in.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I've been wondering why New Japan keeps Naomichi Marufuji in Noah. I've always thought he was the most underrated wrestler ever. Always in KENTA's shadow.

Another question I have is with ROH trying to get the WOH over why haven't they given Amazing Kong a shot again?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

2016 Marufuji is really hit or miss, if he is motivate (He rarely is) he can still have a great match but he have a lot of disappointing ones.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

ACH going to NOAH for the Jr. Tag League came out of nowhere, but good for him. Hopefully he does well. Him teaming with Ishimori should be a ton of fun.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Just in case you missed this in the spoiler thread (and I'm assuming this isn't a spoiler because it's on the ROH FB and YouTube pages)
Spoiler: show
Kevin Sullivan is in the latest Corino video
Blackshirt30

Post by Blackshirt30 »

NOAH is in bad shape right now, but their Jr. Tag stuff has been pretty good. Good to see ACH get over there for some shows. Ishimori and him should make a good team.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mike Adamle wrote: Another question I have is with ROH trying to get the WOH over why haven't they given Amazing Kong a shot again?
Because she's no good in the ring anymore and is also a total headcase?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Adam Cole is out of the hospital and planning to return to the ring next weekend at Best in the World … this according to the former Ring of Honor champ himself.

Cole told ChannelGuideMag.com that he went to the ER last week after mucus began coming out of his eyes and doctors said a third of his left lung was filled with pneumonia.

As we previously reported, the 26 year-old wrestler was forced to sit out from this weekend’s ROH shows due to the sudden sickness.

“That was the first time ever I’ve had to miss shows from being sick.” Adam continues, “Obviously, pneumonia is no joke. Everyone who has reached out has been awesome, checking up on me and making sure I get the proper rest.”

Adam still has a follow-up appointment, but says he’s “feeling great” and planning to wrestle at BITW.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I don't understand why people are clamoring to bring in the Keith Lee/Shane Taylor tag team. Or, more specifically, I don't get why people want to bring in Keith Lee. I like Taylor, but Lee is dull at best.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote:I don't understand why people are clamoring to bring in the Keith Lee/Shane Taylor tag team. Or, more specifically, I don't get why people want to bring in Keith Lee. I like Taylor, but Lee is dull at best.
Watch Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak from Gigantic, if you don´t understand it after that then you never will. Maybe he is just not for you but is easy to see a lot of potential with him.
Sardonic Artery

Post by Sardonic Artery »

Burnside wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote: Another question I have is with ROH trying to get the WOH over why haven't they given Amazing Kong a shot again?
Aw, really? I loved Awesome Kong. Where did her talent go?
I am cosmetically pleasing.
Sardonic Artery

Also, Liger is spending his time in ROH working with Cheeseburger. Ugh.
Sardonic Artery

Also, since Lethal is leaning face, it's likely time for Adam Cole to wear the belt again.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote:I don't understand why people are clamoring to bring in the Keith Lee/Shane Taylor tag team. Or, more specifically, I don't get why people want to bring in Keith Lee. I like Taylor, but Lee is dull at best.
I don't know if people are clamoring but they are certainly two guys who have produced good matches throughout the year and as a team have chemistry plus can seemingly get the crowd either to boo or chear them and that's an effective art.

Also are you getting confused between the two, you do realise Lee is the guy that can move incredibly well for his size and Taylor is the guy that has the Titanic hanging in the ass.

Just as a side note Leo Rush had a fantastic match with Cole and for me far surpassed the Moose/Briscoe match which although good, got far too much hype, overall i got more of the feeling of the old ROH from the past shows than I have for a while which was nice.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Words just can't describe this.

Sardonic Artery

BurningHammer wrote:Words just can't describe this.

It's, uh, yeah.... huh...

Of course, Mark had to job to Jay.
Big Red Machine

Sardonic Artery wrote:
Burnside wrote:
Aw, really? I loved Awesome Kong. Where did her talent go?
Injuries.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote:
I don't know if people are clamoring but they are certainly two guys who have produced good matches throughout the year and as a team have chemistry plus can seemingly get the crowd either to boo or chear them and that's an effective art.

Also are you getting confused between the two, you do realise Lee is the guy that can move incredibly well for his size and Taylor is the guy that has the Titanic hanging in the ass.

Just as a side note Leo Rush had a fantastic match with Cole and for me far surpassed the Moose/Briscoe match which although good, got far too much hype, overall i got more of the feeling of the old ROH from the past shows than I have for a while which was nice.
Maybe I am confusing them. From what I saw that the Collinsville show, whichever one the worse one is seemed perfectly fine. The "Pretty-boy Killers" name needs to go, though.