Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
JustSkiff

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by JustSkiff »

Big Red Machine wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Honestly thought the venue looked kind of cool. Definitely an underground feel to it. Very grunge-y.
Agreed. It looked like a basement, but a fancy, cool basement that you go to because of the atmosphere. It also did have a "sports complex" feel to it.
Having been there live it was essentially a walled up section of the parking garage.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Thank god Moose is leaving, don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
AndyDiaz

Post by AndyDiaz »

ACH is so long overdue for a title reign. May that be TV or Tag either way the guy deservers it. He's so good in the ring
alitigress

Post by alitigress »

ACH is long overdue for a shot in njpw as well
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Meltzer:

isles11

Post by isles11 »

Does anyone know where I can find a clip of the intro to ROH shows where they mention the ground rules? I find it very humorous, how it says not to throw first born children into the ring, presumably you can throw your other children into the ring, because it only mentions first borns.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

monster mafia wrote:Quinn Moose Ojinnaka:
I will always have a special spot in my heart for ROH.

he will always have a special place in my heart as a guy i messaged on facebook so i could ask him about a show he was working in NY the day before ROH on May 14th and in the 5 weeks leading up to it i never got the courtesy of a reply. glad i never bought a shirt from him.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JustSkiff wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
TYFDK wrote:Honestly thought the venue looked kind of cool. Definitely an underground feel to it. Very grunge-y.
Agreed. It looked like a basement, but a fancy, cool basement that you go to because of the atmosphere. It also did have a "sports complex" feel to it.
Having been there live it was essentially a walled up section of the parking garage.
Well then they did an amazing job of disguising that fact.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

moose:

In the AM Back to Atlanta to get ready for 2 awesome ROH shows in Minneapolis and Milwaukee..... I forever ❤️ @ringofhonor

I visit my friends in Orlando and it starts All sorts of rumors. With that being said @ApolloCrews and @KingRicochet suck in ufc2
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

isles11 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a clip of the intro to ROH shows where they mention the ground rules? I find it very humorous, how it says not to throw first born children into the ring, presumably you can throw your other children into the ring, because it only mentions first borns.
You forget it also says included but not limited to. Funniest intro in all of wrestling btw.
Big Red Machine

ROH has quite a few names for big moves that are completely atrocious:
Feast Your Eyes
Path of Resistance
End of Heartache... for a backbreaker?

"Celebrity Rehab" and "Midnight Star" are only barely better.

You'd think someone would have done something to change these by now. Especially Feast Your Eyes. UCH.
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:
isles11 wrote:Does anyone know where I can find a clip of the intro to ROH shows where they mention the ground rules? I find it very humorous, how it says not to throw first born children into the ring, presumably you can throw your other children into the ring, because it only mentions first borns.
You forget it also says included but not limited to. Funniest intro in all of wrestling btw.
That's a new one. The last time I went it was just "if you get kicked out, we'll record it and put it on our Facebook page and everyone will see what a loser you are" or something to that effect.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Speaking of that intro, is anyone else ever tempted by the possibility of becoming a ROH Facebook page star by getting evicted from the arena?
Big Red Machine

dhads7161 wrote:Speaking of that intro, is anyone else ever tempted by the possibility of becoming a ROH Facebook page star by getting evicted from the arena?
At Terminal 5? Yes.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote:That's a new one. The last time I went it was just "if you get kicked out, we'll record it and put it on our Facebook page and everyone will see what a loser you are" or something to that effect.
Went to my first show in 2014 it was that bust of a show in Carbondale, IL. Don't remember an intro for that one. But my second show was the January 2015 TV taping in Nashville and I remember it there. It was also at the other two Nashville tapings and Dallas so it's probably relatively new.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Big Red Machine wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Speaking of that intro, is anyone else ever tempted by the possibility of becoming a ROH Facebook page star by getting evicted from the arena?
At Terminal 5? Yes.
Link to video please?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

The Observer is saying WWE is aggressively signing talent for NXT and said talent are being told not to say anything about it.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

Big Red Machine wrote:ROH has quite a few names for big moves that are completely atrocious:
Feast Your Eyes
Path of Resistance
End of Heartache... for a backbreaker?

"Celebrity Rehab" and "Midnight Star" are only barely better.

You'd think someone would have done something to change these by now. Especially Feast Your Eyes. UCH.
Personally like Celebrity Rehab and End of Heartache. Though you can make the point for both that they would be a better fit for different guys than the ones who currently use them.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I hope Ring of honor tries to sign Joe Coffey soon
alitigress

Post by alitigress »

No they need to sign more a guy with name recognition that will bring in more viewers like cody, sandow, ryback or even some people from tna like ken Anderson not indy uk talent that cost a lot to fly in