Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by monster mafia »

ROH wants a ROH and WOH tour hour block of shows.
itaintducks

Post by itaintducks »

What does that mean?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

maybe an woh exclusive show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Hiroshi Tanahashi spoke with Sports Illustrated for a new interview. The highlights are below:

On his goals for 2016: “I hope to become Ring of Honor world champion. If I get the opportunity to become champion, then I’ll come back to the United States every month and wrestle. Soon, I will also challenge [IWGP heavyweight champion] Naito. Unlike Naito, I respect the IWGP championship belt. For now, I am focused on Kenny Omega.”

GIVE TANA THE FUCKING BELT.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I personally think ROH really screwed up letting Elgin go to NJPW full time. The ROH roster is lacking people that look and work different from everyone else. Right now you've got Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Jay Lethal, The MCMG, The Addiction, ACH, Sydal, Lio Rush, and probably more I'm not thinking of right now. These are all great wrestlers, but almost all are virtually the same size and wrestle a similar high flyer but technically sound style. And with no Elgin, his replacement is basically Moose. Say what you want about Elgin and his attitude, but I'll take him over Moose in a heartbeat.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Elgin being semi regular is the best thing i think, he is a better wrestler than Moose but Moose gets way more better reaction than him. Elgin is super over in Japan, I'm sure he would be frustated working full time in the US.

If Tanahashi wants the belt and is willing to come and defend they should do it, he can elevate the belt a lot. He would be the most important wrestler to ever hold the title (Before mention Punk, Dragon, Joe, etc. they became important after holding it).
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Memphis Mark wrote:Does anyone besides me think that Keith Lee could become a ROH main eventer ? Man got all the tools .
A lot of factors need to be in place or happen, but if continues to improve, learns what it's like a champion elsewhere and most of all gets better physically I don't see why not, we might be starting to see more heavy weights coming into ROH which will be interesting.

With regards to Elgin didn't he and ROH have a falling out with all his border issues and his desire to play baseball.

I would like to see Elgin back more regularly than we are seeing him but even in the recent shows with him back you can tell he still has some trouble with the crowd.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

isles11 wrote:Im not sure if anyone here watches their videos, but WhatCulture are creating a wrestling promotion called WCPW, What Culture Pro Wrestling, over in the UK. And on one of their first shows Jay Lethal is defending the ROH World Championship vs Noam Dar, who's in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic.
I found their videos to be quite shallow and low on thought, and occasionally miss major storyline details. They are, quite simply, clickbait.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

I hope they do bring in Rhodes. I think he has something to offer to ROH and want to see him given that chance to shine. AS for Tanahashi, I don't want to see him win the world title. I'm not a huge New Japan fan and I don't think we need another NJPW guy winning an ROH title, especially the big one. I'd give him the shot at field of honor to make people think a title change was coming, but have Lethal beat him. Right now, my pick for next world champion is Adam Cole.

One final note, even though I'm far behind: just watched Supercard of Honor Night 1 and thought it was the best show of that whole weekend (seen both Evolve shows, NXT, and WrestleMania). Really excellent show that kept up the storyline feuds well I thought. Excellent wrestling in every match. Can't wait to watch SOH Night 2 soon.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

Yeah, dude. If another company has your heavyweight title, you might as well give 'em your balls, too.

But I would love to see an actual fed vs fed battle again. Am I the only one who thinks CZW vs ROH was fucking gold? I miss stuff like that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I'd be way more intrigued by the Tanahashi thing if he wasn't so banged up right now (apparently more so that usual). I mean, the fact that, on the first night on the BOTSJ Tour, they did an angle to write him off until Dominion pretty much confirms that.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Big Red Machine wrote:
isles11 wrote:Im not sure if anyone here watches their videos, but WhatCulture are creating a wrestling promotion called WCPW, What Culture Pro Wrestling, over in the UK. And on one of their first shows Jay Lethal is defending the ROH World Championship vs Noam Dar, who's in the WWE Cruiserweight Classic.
I found their videos to be quite shallow and low on thought, and occasionally miss major storyline details. They are, quite simply, clickbait.
Reminds me of buzzfeed type videos, which is bad to say.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

WhatCulture has some bafflingly stupid wrestling columns.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Just heard Dijak do commentary with Ciampa on a Beyond match and he sounded perfectly fine behind the mic. I have no idea why he sounds like such a trainwreck when you add the camera to the equation.
STITCHES

Post by STITCHES »

I do. Being on camera takes getting used to. Not as easy as it looks. Listen to Matt Taven's commentary during the 6-man on ROH TV this week. It's hilarious.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

"Donkey Kong Punching The Matt"
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Yeah, when you're doing commentary, you can just be yourself and forget that the spotlight is on you, if it even is at all. Lot harder when you're doing a promo
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

DBSommer wrote:Just heard Dijak do commentary with Ciampa on a Beyond match and he sounded perfectly fine behind the mic. I have no idea why he sounds like such a trainwreck when you add the camera to the equation.
Funny how Dijak and Taven suddenly become good promos when ROH isn't "helping" them with what to say.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I don't know if it was mentioned but as PWInsider states:
Ring of Honor is currently working on building a relationship with CMLL in Mexico. CMLL and New Japan already work together, so it's a natural extension of that.