Random ROH Thoughts Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
STITCHES

Re: Random ROH Thoughts Thread

Post by STITCHES »

That'd be nice. WWE has been such a shit show for the past like 20 years. Every once and a while, something like the 2005 ECW One Night Stand will happen. But even that had to be somehow associated with dudes like Edge, JBL, Kurt Angle and (insert boring beefcake superstar here).

So yeah, fucking Gallows & Gun!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:Reading the responses one thing for sure is that Roppongi Vice is one of the most underrated tag team right now in the division.
I totally agree with this. Rocky Romero is underrated as hell.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Reading the responses one thing for sure is that Roppongi Vice is one of the most underrated tag team right now in the division.
They are also solid as hell, i can´t think they last bad match they had.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Yeah, that is the truth. At this point I can say I like RPG Vice better than The Forever Hooligans.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

187_Joeism wrote:Image
Count me in the minority, but I'm looking forward to Taven being the ringleader. I feel the dude has improved a lot over the past year. His heat has gone from "You suck get out of the ring!" (i.e. Rhett Titus), to someone you like seeing getting their ass kicked. Still needs promo work, but overall I'm not nearly as down on him as I once was.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

187_Joeism wrote:
GardenStateSaint wrote:So who is gonna be in Taven's Kingdom?
If i have to guess i would say New England guys
TK O'Ryan was the first guy that jumped to mind.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I was kind of hoping that Taven was going to follow Bennett to TNA, but it looks like his contract timing & possibly injury prevented him from making a bad move.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

GardenStateSaint wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:
TK O'Ryan was the first guy that jumped to mind.
Brian Fury, Vinny Marseglia & Ryan Galeone could also be involved.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Image
Count me in the minority, but I'm looking forward to Taven being the ringleader. I feel the dude has improved a lot over the past year. His heat has gone from "You suck get out of the ring!" (i.e. Rhett Titus), to someone you like seeing getting their ass kicked. Still needs promo work, but overall I'm not nearly as down on him as I once was.
Bennett & Taven were both way better as a tag team, i hope he won't have a similar role to Adam Cole where he is in the main event while the others are focused on the tag team division.

Besides the wrestlers already named, it wouldn't surprise me if Cedric Alexander was one of the members since they don't know what to do with him and he already has Veda Scott to replace Maria Kanellis.
David Starr seem well suited for the role as well.
It would be a good opportunity to bring Chris Dickinson back but his match against Kimber Lee probably cost him his place in ROH... Sexual Taven and The Dirty Daddy would have been a nice team and at least Chris Dickinson is great.
Unfortunately, it will probably be ANX and Vinny Marseglia or Brian Fury...
ImageImage
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

187_Joeism wrote:
If it's nobody that's already on the roster, then I'd say New England guys as well.

My only concern with this whole thing is that I feel like, when this new Kingdom forms, ROH will push it as a really big deal, but the thing is, I just can't see Taven being a Main Event guy. I can only see a Taven-led Kingdom being (at most) an upper mid-card act.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

This would be a good way to get someone like LSG or Mikey Webb involved. Both are talented and wouldn't necessarily need to talk for a while.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote: My only concern with this whole thing is that I feel like, when this new Kingdom forms, ROH will push it as a really big deal, but the thing is, I just can't see Taven being a Main Event guy. I can only see a Taven-led Kingdom being (at most) an upper mid-card act.
If they do indeed go with a Taven-led Kingdom, it would be a pretty serious misreading of how over he actually is and how effective he is as a promo.

Taven could be the leading figure in a new tag team or this could be a bait-and-switch for Taven to align with a different existing faction (House of Truth, The Embassy, . . . Posey’s Posse).
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the article that goes with the previously posted image of Taven:
Matt Taven will be the first to tell you that 2015 did not end well for him. At FINAL BATTLE live on pay-per-view from Philadelphia, War Machine defeated The Kingdom to become the NEW ROH World Tag Team Champions. But not only did Taven lose his title that night, during the match he suffered a debilitating knee injury. It's a testament to Taven's ambition and toughness that, at first, he believed the injury to be minor. But after a medical consultation and full testing, it was revealed that his knee would require immediate surgery and extensive rehabilitation.

Some people would look at a career-threatening injury like this and consider stepping away from professional wrestling all together. The dangers of this sport cannot be underestimated and lives can be changed in an instant. For some, the psychological impact of watching your fellow athletes compete while you are forced to sit out is too much to deal with. But anyone in ROH can attest that Matt Taven has been showing up to every single Ring of Honor event since his injury, even if it meant he had to walk on crutches to be there. He's made it a point to observe every match, sometimes even going so far as to join the ROH commentary team and offer his insight. This was especially true during the matches of the 2016 ROH TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT eventually won by Lio Rush.

Matt Taven is clearly a man on a mission.

And his end goal has recently become a lot more clear: to form a NEW Kingdom! Matt Taven unceremoniously ousted none other than former ROH World Champion Adam Cole from The Kingdom, a recent development that shocked the world as Cole was often viewed as the de facto leader of the group. Even if he can't actively compete at this moment, Taven is taking control of his own destiny. Throughout his ROH career, Matt Taven has always taken a step back and let others guide his path, be it Truth Martini or within The Kingdom. But now it's abundantly clear that Taven is ready to be a leader in Ring of Honor!

But a leader needs someone to lead, obviously. If Matt Taven is the new head of The Kingdom...who else will join him? So far, he's kept any potential Kingdom members quiet about their involvement and Taven himself isn't talking either. Could that be why Tavern took such a strong interest in the TOP PROSPECT TOURNAMENT, seeing a clear opportunity to scout fresh talent? Or has he been talking to some current members in the ROH locker room, potentially even some former enemies? Might we see some completely unexpected faces join whatever this "new" Kingdom will become?

The only thing we know for sure is that while 2015 ended on a low note for Matt Taven, he's doing whatever he can to ensure 2016 is his biggest year yet. He vows that he will be back for in-ring competition as soon as possible. But until that's possible, speculation about The Kingdom will keep a very big part of Ring of Honor!
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

I hope they keep the new Kingdom around the TV Title, they can have Matt Taven challenge for the world title in some house show if they want but i think the TV Title is the new Kingdom ceiling.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

187_Joeism wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Yes. They're "solid." "Solid" should not be enough to be winning a championship in ROH.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

But you think ANX deserve a run as champions?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

187_Joeism wrote:I hope they keep the new Kingdom around the TV Title, they can have Matt Taven challenge for the world title in some house show if they want but i think the TV Title is the new Kingdom ceiling.
Maybe not. This could be where Taven hits his stride and becomes a bona fide main eventer.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Big Red Machine wrote: Yes. They're "solid." "Solid" should not be enough to be winning a championship in ROH.
Why not? I want a tag team that can always have good matches against anyone as champions.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

I would like tag champs that can always have great matches against anyone
I was in the front line when we battled page 15